In honor of the 10th anniversary of Grand Theft Auto III
, Rockstar is making this Friday's GTA IV multiplayer event a special one. Join them on the PlayStation 3 Friday, October 21st, from 5 to 8 PM Eastern Time US when they play Grand Theft Auto IV: Complete Edition
or join the chat and enter to win some awesome prizes! More details below...
The grand prize is a deluxe Grand Theft Auto III Anniversary prize pack including:
- Two hand painted, limited edition and individually numbered custom Grand Theft Auto PlayStation 3 controllers, complete with a laser-cut Rockstar insignia home button
- One GTAIII Anniversary Limited-Edition Claude Action Figure
- One Grand Theft Auto III mug, complete with brass knuckles for the handle
- Two Grand Theft Auto t-shirts
- Assorted Grand Theft Auto and Rockstar stickers
The shirts and mugs are coming soon to the Rockstar Warehouse
, and the Claude action-figure is currently available for pre-order, but one
lucky Social Club member will walk away with all the above! Plus 20 runner-up winners will get a prize pack with a shirt, mug and stickers. To enter on the multiplayer events page
, have a look under the live video stream and chat for 'Sweepstakes Entry'. Type in your details, submit and that's it. Sign up for a Rockstar Games Social Club account to enter.
To commemorate the occasion, Rockstar has invited some of the most old school GTA fansite luminaries to join them and play as special guests - folks that were on the scene back in the early 2000s when Grand Theft Auto III first released or very soon thereafter. While Rockstar will be playing (and live streaming) on PSN, some of the fansites will be on Xbox LIVE, so feel free to join in on either platform:
All fan site admins and community members are absolutely welcome to join in on the action, so let us know in the comments if you'll be participating!
Read on for further details on Friday's afternoon of GTA multiplayer action...
OFFICIAL ROCKSTAR PSN IDs
Participating PlayStation Network Rockstar Games IDs for this day will be:
Only add one PSN ID to your friends list to play. If you have a different version than the Complete Edition disc for Grand Theft Auto IV, no worries as you will be compatible with others.
FINDING ROCKSTAR IN-GAME
Where's Rockstar? Pay attention to the live chat on the Social Club Multiplayer Events page
. They'll announce where they're at in there. They'll begin in Grand Theft Auto IV in GTA Race, and later progress to the two episodes. Use the in-game cellphone to select the mode Rockstar is playing during the event.
NEED A PARTNER?
For team-based modes such as Team Deathmatch, gather your friends using Party Mode. You can also hit up the chat during the event or just post your PlayStation Network ID to play with another fan.
ABOUT PARTY MODE
Party Mode is an easy way to get your group together and find matches. Here are the three quick and easy steps to get you up and running:
- Save your current game. To get started, fire up the in-game mobile phone by pressing "Up". Select Multiplayer > Party Mode > Yes.
- Next, open up your phone again and select the Friends option to invite at least one person into your Party Mode game.
- Once your team is ready to roll, open up the in-game phone again and select Games > GTA Race.
Epic! Come find out about Grand Theft Auto V at www.iGTA5.com
- where guests have an opinion!