Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: iGTA5.com
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > Important Information > Important Information
Psy
Check out our new website and forums at http://www.iGTA5.com. You'll need to sign up for a new account on the new forums, but it's well worth it.
ViceMan
I thought this iGTA site was going to incorporate all GTA games, past, present and future. Having a new forum separate from this one seems like a weird move.
DuPz0r
A new forum, say whaaa.... Ok registered. I feel the same as Vicey though.
TreeFitty
Yeah it's going to be awkward running two forums. The new site is trying to get the GTA-SanAndreas.com "feel" again plus the new forums have some cool features built in that Psy created here. Think of it as an experiment. smile.gif
ViceMan
So we're his guinea pigs? If so I think today's cleaning day, there's an awful lot of shit on the floor.
demon
QUOTE (Psy @ Mar 14 2011, 02:27 PM) *
Check out our new website and forums at http://www.iGTA5.com. You'll need to sign up for a new account on the new forums, but it's well worth it.

I signed up instantly! And yet I'm member #29 there. I had hoped to be one of the first 10 sad.gif lol

I don't see why you wanted a new site and forum when this site could cover everything GTA. But you know best I guess...
ViceMan
Ehm, I signed up about an hour ago but haven't had an account activation e-mail yet, and yes, I have checked my junk folder.

Oh never mind, it let me sign in anyway.
Massacre
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Mar 14 2011, 03:18 PM) *
So we're his guinea pigs? If so I think today's cleaning day, there's an awful lot of shit on the floor.

QUOTE (demon @ Mar 14 2011, 03:19 PM) *
QUOTE (Psy @ Mar 14 2011, 02:27 PM) *

I signed up instantly! And yet I'm member #29 there. I had hoped to be one of the first 10 sad.gif lol

Gold Members were testing it out mid-to-late last week. Guess you should've coughed up ten bucks.
ViceMan
Well I can sign in, but apparently can't post or create topics. I don't like the look of it anyway. Feels all foreign and unclean to me.

Woo.

An Error Occurred

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

[#1026] You are not permitted to modify all or some of your profile information.
demon
Gold Members were testing it out mid-to-late last week. Guess you should've coughed up ten bucks.

I don't mind paying that little amount, but I'm not interested in the p0rn forum. I've considered paying anyway just for the sake of support, but have not done it yet.

ViceMan
Still waiting for validation FFS... *taps foot impatiently*
TreeFitty
I let Duff know. smile.gif
ViceMan
Cheers. *sucks penis*
DuffMan
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Mar 14 2011, 08:15 PM) *
Cheers. *sucks penis*

We've had other people have problems getting validation emails with Hotmail. I've resent the email, check every folder in your inbox to see if it's come up as spam or something.

Failing that we'll validate your account manually but it would be nice to get the bottom of it.
ViceMan
Nope, nothing. Junk mail folder is empty an no new e-mails in my inbox.
DuffMan
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Mar 14 2011, 08:19 PM) *
Nope, nothing. Junk mail folder is empty an no new e-mails in my inbox.

Okay. I'll validate you for now, and I'll add a message to the sign up form to warn people that Hotmail doesn't play nicely with the forums.
ViceMan
Very strange, why would this forum not work with hotmail?
DuffMan
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Mar 14 2011, 08:24 PM) *
Very strange, why would this forum not work with hotmail?

No idea tongue.gif
Sheep
Hotmail probably listed the smtp server as spam, that happened at my old job where someones pc got infected, and used as spam so the mail server was blacklisted... maybe
demon
QUOTE ( Sheep @ Mar 14 2011, 11:39 PM) *
Hotmail probably listed the smtp server as spam, that happened at my old job where someones pc got infected, and used as spam so the mail server was blacklisted... maybe

Are you saying that the server this site use to send email, have been sending spam?

Psy
The reason for a new site and forum for GTA5 is for search engine rank reasons. We could keep everything on here but people probably wont find the site as well as they will with a dedicated domain. Remember how popular GTA-SanAndreas.com was? Starting a dedicated site for one game could produce similar results, but keeping it all on here probably won't. Time will tell, but all I'm trying to do is get the site more popular.
Edgecrusher
Would be nice to be in the back of the GTA manual again. smile.gif
ViceMan
But surely you could keep the forums and just have the new site link back to them. We've only had this forum going a year and a half or so.
Massacre
QUOTE (Edgecrusher @ Mar 15 2011, 02:10 PM) *
Would be nice to be in the back of the GTA manual again. smile.gif

I shot in my pants when back I saw the site in the SanAn manual. I felt proud, even though I had nothing to do with it being there.
demon
QUOTE (Psy @ Mar 15 2011, 10:30 AM) *
The reason for a new site and forum for GTA5 is for search engine rank reasons. We could keep everything on here but people probably wont find the site as well as they will with a dedicated domain. Remember how popular GTA-SanAndreas.com was? Starting a dedicated site for one game could produce similar results, but keeping it all on here probably won't. Time will tell, but all I'm trying to do is get the site more popular.

It would not work as well to have the forum part of GTA5 here, the same way RDR forum is located here? But maybe the RDR solution didn't work too well?

To me it would seem more natural to separate RDR, but I have no experience with running multiple sites so I don't know anything.
Psy
I wanted to install the new version of the forums but because iGTA and iRedDead require these forums to run the actual website, I couldn't upgrade these forums.
Severus Snape
K, so I tried to register on the new forums (which I think is still fucking weak - I mean, why can't our information from this site transfer to the new one?), and I keep getting an error that the registration code entered does not match. I'm typing in the stupid words exactly as they appear (grand, theft, and the answer to "what is 2+2"), and I can't register. The thing ain't working.
Psy
QUOTE (Severus Snape @ Mar 16 2011, 03:30 PM) *
K, so I tried to register on the new forums (which I think is still fucking weak - I mean, why can't our information from this site transfer to the new one?), and I keep getting an error that the registration code entered does not match. I'm typing in the stupid words exactly as they appear (grand, theft, and the answer to "what is 2+2"), and I can't register. The thing ain't working.

Did you complete the reCaptcha thing as well?
Severus Snape
It wasn't showing up before. I refreshed the page a few times, and it finally showed up. Why is that thing in german?
demon
QUOTE (Severus Snape @ Mar 16 2011, 08:56 PM) *
Why is that thing in german?

Who knows. Maybe because most spammers talk Russian only?

/bad answer. happy.gif
ENVi3
First it tells me the e-mail address is already in use and now it's telling me that my username is already taken.
What's going on?
TreeFitty
According to the new forum, you are a member and validated: http://www.igta5.com/forums/user/62-envi3/
demon
Maybe he signed up drunk. tongue.gif
Psy
QUOTE (ENVi3 @ Mar 27 2011, 06:01 AM) *
First it tells me the e-mail address is already in use and now it's telling me that my username is already taken.
What's going on?

Looks like you logged in via twitter to create your account. Try logging in through that again and it should work...
ENVi3
Click to view attachment

I can't continue ...

and I can't do the "Connect to an existing forum account" because I don't know the password whatever the account that I already made (supposedly) has.

[EDIT]
nevermind, I guess I just used another e-mail address.
Heartless
never.
Lutten
I think that you guys should have used IP Bridge to link iGTA5 Forums with iGTA Forums.
Psy
QUOTE (Lutten @ Mar 28 2012, 11:22 AM) *
I think that you guys should have used IP Bridge to link iGTA5 Forums with iGTA Forums.

Not sure it was possible given that we're running 2 different versions of IPB forum.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.