Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rage
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > Other Gaming > Other Games
§ynch
Rage looks interesting.

http://www.rage.com/

Bethesda (Fallout) and Id (DOOM/Quake) team up for this FPS
which looks a lot like Fallout. They even call the place the wasteland.
Doesn't seem that original based on Bethesda's history with Fallout,
but with the Id folks in tow, might be at least a good FPS.
Heartless
If they can do that, then it makes me wonder why Fallout still has 4th quarter graphics.
Edgecrusher
I think it looks awesome, it's not an RPG as such, but it's still a sandbox game. I like the Mad Max style vehicles as well.
bOnEs
i was hoping this would be the engine that ran future fallouts... but, bethesda put an end to that when they announced a new engine for the elder scrolls... i think this game looks amazing but, i haven't read up much on it... maybe i'll start checking it out... i think it's more along the lines of borderlands than fallout though...
Massacre
QUOTE (Heartless @ Mar 7 2011, 12:50 PM) *
If they can do that, then it makes me wonder why Fallout still has 4th quarter graphics.

Because Id is using their own engine for RAGE, and Bethesda uses their own engine for their games. Bethesda is publishing RAGE, not developing it. I'm content to wait it out, the next Fallout is bound to use the same engine as the new Elder Scrolls.

QUOTE (bOnEs @ Mar 7 2011, 02:10 PM) *
i was hoping this would be the engine that ran future fallouts... but, bethesda put an end to that when they announced a new engine for the elder scrolls... i think this game looks amazing but, i haven't read up much on it... maybe i'll start checking it out... i think it's more along the lines of borderlands than fallout though...

Yeah, but Id Software has a much better pedigree than Gearbox, so expect Fallout-or-better quality.
DuPz0r
I read about this a while ago. They said they wanted to combine a few genres together but not half arsed. They said they wanted to push the fps elements and push the racing/driving elements to a new level and so they feel relevant to the game rather than just chuck in cars for the hell of it last minute.

§ynch
QUOTE (Edgecrusher @ Mar 7 2011, 10:58 AM) *
I think it looks awesome, it's not an RPG as such, but it's still a sandbox game. I like the Mad Max style vehicles as well.

Yup totally. Would be great if the Mad Max element of fuel being scarce was implemented.

QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 7 2011, 12:18 PM) *
Yeah, but Id Software has a much better pedigree than Gearbox, so expect Fallout-or-better quality.

I thought it was obvious that this was more of a Doom 3 or later Id engine,
rather than the Fallout one. Since Bethesda are just the publishers.
(Heavy on the Fallout influence though.)
Still it looks cool.
bOnEs
QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 7 2011, 03:18 PM) *
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Mar 7 2011, 02:10 PM) *

i recall hearing about re-spawning enemies and waves, which reminded me of borderlands... but, maybe it would make more sense in a world that actually seems like it's quite populated... maybe the location is in and around a pre-war metropolis... the racing stuff sounds cool though, a nice touch...but, i'd hate for the driving to feel gimmicky like it did in borderlands... it doesn't sound like that so far... i think it should play a vital role, ala, mad max biggrin.gif... i need to watch mad max 2 again soon...

if it is truly open world then, sweet... but if it is going to try and push me along a linear path then i don't know... if you can carve out your own legacy, sweet... if your stuck living pre-determined characters then, i don't know... if it's about cars, weapons, armor, junk and resources then hell yea... if it's about only weapons and cars then, i don't know... at least i have 6 months to truly decide...
Massacre
If I remember correctly, the game takes place around a large city, but most of the people in the game are in Megaton-like cities, because the ruins of the actual city are infested with feral mutants (think grey/flesh tone Super Mutants, but they move like troggs or ghost people).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.