Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Clipped wing dodo
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA III Series > GTA III
DuPz0r
i was walking home from the train station today and saw a plane above me that resembled the dodo from GTAIII. It brought back some nostalgia and i started thinking of my times flying around Old liberty City. i got to a stage where i had mastered the flying technique i used to invite my friends round just to show off my flying skills lol. Back when i was 13-14 years old.

I didn't quite do the same as above, i used to take off on the airport runway and fly over staunton island, and then do a few rounds, over portland habour, around back towards shoreside vale and through the ghost town.

Fun times.
TreeFitty
I remember my friends telling me it was possible and I spent hours trying to do it with no luck... "you guys are liars!" etc etc. Then one day I finally figured out the nose-down trick and stalled out many times before perfecting it.

It was always easier to put in the tank and flying cars cheat codes and sail the skies. thumbup.gif Fond memories indeed.
ViceMan
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Feb 25 2011, 07:49 PM) *
It was always easier to put in the tank and flying cars cheat codes and sail the skies. thumbup.gif Fond memories indeed.

QFT, couldn't be arsed with that fucking Dodo. I knew you could fly it but... meh.
Massacre
Yup, the tank was always my option. I never mastered flight with things that were actually meant to fly.
Marney1
You flew for 9 seconds - I never knew it was possiblr to actually master it. Fuck, I should have bought a PS2 with GTAIII while I was in Gamestation earlier, that game was the best game ever.
DuPz0r
QUOTE (-Marney1- @ Feb 25 2011, 08:09 PM) *
You flew for 9 seconds - I never knew it was possiblr to actually master it. Fuck, I should have bought a PS2 with GTAIII while I was in Gamestation earlier, that game was the best game ever.

Yeah it wasn't that hard really. You just had to keep pressing up to stop the tail from dipping. I remember seeing it in a magazine (yes they were like blogs and online reviews but made from paper!) and had to try it. I remember crashing loads and i particularly found it hard to gain altitude and always used to slam into the billboards on staunton island.
Massacre
Hey, we know what magazines are. I'm a long-time subscriber to both Grave Robber's Monthly and Rapeweek.
TreeFitty
Yeah when I first started flying it was like riding an invisible rollercoaster in the sky. The initial launch into the sky, then lost speed so had to aim down. Gained some speed and headed back up but lower than the first, and on and on until I smacked into a building in Staunton or if I was lucky I landed it on the road.

Making it to the street in Staunton without crashing into the retaining wall (and then water below) was my second accomplishment. thumbup.gif
Massacre
I never made it off the runway, unless you count nosediving into the water. I got it in the air, but I always dropped off the end of the runway.
trathen93
I never quite grasped the concept of the dodo on the gta 3. one of the issues might of been the attention span that I had at the time, being about 7-8 years old. haha. got a bit better the other year when i got hold of a copy of the pc version but i never quite got there.
§ynch
QUOTE (Massacre @ Feb 26 2011, 11:53 AM) *
I never made it off the runway, unless you count nosediving into the water. I got it in the air, but I always dropped off the end of the runway.

Same here.
DuPz is the man on this one....

demon
"Video removed by user". mellow.gif

How can it be so hard to get a plane off the ground?

QUOTE (§ynch @ Feb 28 2011, 09:18 PM) *
QUOTE (Massacre @ Feb 26 2011, 11:53 AM) *

Same here.
DuPz is the man on this one....

That has to be the only thing you don't master in a GTA game...

DuPz0r
I changed the video.
demon
Haha the plane has almost no wings, it shouldn't fly at all. XD.png It says "clipped wing" in the title but I didn't pay attention to that.

Landing on the stadium teleports you? It didn't look like the video was cut there.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.