Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Egypt, Libya, Yemen, Tunisia, Bahrain...
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > General > Political & World News
Pages: 1, 2
Marney1
Latest news is that Gadaffi has brought in mercenaries to help put down the revolt and some residents claim jets have been bombing civilian protesters - there is no proof of that at the moment, although there is other reports that two of his fighter pilots defected aftere being told to bomb their own people.

If the British or American people revolted like this, how do you think our governments would deal with us?
Heartless
I'm going to take a stab in the dark that 20-50 years from now, it'll be revealed that this was a CIA conspiracy to create dissent and disobedience in rouge middle eastern/north african states. I mean, just look at that ambassador diplomat aid worker CIA Agent CIA Contractor Random fuck with US ties Random Fuck arrested in Pakistan for killing those three two terrorists gun runners drug smugglers Pakistani military officials Taliban Al Queda car thieves. Also, top military analysts are saying for the first time, because of the "facebook" revolt in Egypt, Al Queada, the Taliban and Hezbolah are seeing a record number of break aways and a substantial lull in recruitment. For some reason, everyone is getting on board the democracy train in crazy land, and I can't believe that their isn't an American Spy in the middle of it all.

Also, America tends to be pretty chill with revolts and protests. We've had a few glaring exceptions, but it happens. Bloody Old England on the other hand, tends to take the boys in hand everytime they had a few after a footie match.
demon
If the British or American people revolted like this, how do you think our governments would deal with us?

The British and the US would use nuclear weapons. No, seriously I think the governments would resign and new elections would be held. What else do you think as a possible outcome?? We're talking about democracies.
Qdeathstar
QUOTE (demon @ Feb 22 2011, 09:31 AM) *

The British and the US would use nuclear weapons. No, seriously I think the governments would resign and new elections would be held. What else do you think as a possible outcome?? We're talking about democracies.

I think most people would wait the 2 to 4 years it takes for elections to be held then just vote them out of office. Gadaffi has been in power for over 40 years...

America really has duty to protect libya's citizens. We launched the push for democracy (2003 and before) and now it's time to stand up. Air strikes on the presidential palace and military installations seems appropriate.
Heartless
QUOTE (Qdeathstar @ Feb 22 2011, 07:59 AM) *

I think most people would wait the 2 to 4 years it takes for elections to be held then just vote them out of office. Gadaffi has been in power for over 40 years...

America really has duty to protect libya's citizens. We launched the push for democracy (2003 and before) and now it's time to stand up. Air strikes on the presidential palace and military installations seems appropriate.

Again, I'm not so sure we're not behind this to begin with. After all, most normal civilians don't overrun military bases and seizes weapons and tanks with the eventual goal of a civil war in mind.
Marney1
The Egyptians revolted because they want a western style democracy and all the likes of Fox News (fair & balanced) are getting middle east 'experts' in who try to brain-wash the audience with the 'terrible possibility', and likelhood, the Muslim Brotherhood could take charge. If the Egyptians don't end up with a genuine, majority elected leader - by the people, then it will become clear that we (western powers) had a plan all along.
The Egyptian citzens won't settle for anything less than a better leadership than before, and one that respects their human rights.
Even if the west didn't have a hand in all this, they'll be rubbing their hands together because now they can interfere deeper than ever before by offering 'solutions'.
It won't surprise me to see permanent U.S military bases stationed in each of these countries soon. It's all part of a process to dominate the entire world through occupation in one way or another.

Also, look at the Mediterranean sea, the most vital oil route between east and west. It will soon be bordered on all sides by western 'controlled' countries. If you're a puppet regime like Mubarak's was and stop playing ball with your handlers, you're also going soon.
Meow Zedong
QUOTE (Heartless @ Feb 23 2011, 04:14 AM) *
Again, I'm not so sure we're not behind this to begin with. After all, most normal civilians don't overrun military bases and seizes weapons and tanks with the eventual goal of a civil war in mind.

The Egyptian revolution was started by the Egyptians and not anyone else like you seem to suggest. Mubarak was a puppet dictator of the U.S., and it seems highly unlikely and counter-intuitive to assume that the CIA planned to depose him.
Of course though, the U.S. would try to fabricate American links to the uprising, as it did in 1958 when the Dominican Republic assassinated U.S puppet dictator Trujillo.
Anyways, what I'm saying is, this revolution belongs to the natives and to try and find a Lawrence of Arabia to explain the Egyptian's success is a colonialist attempt to take credit from the Egyptian people.
Tranque
All I have to say is after Mubarak it went something like this.

-Mubarak Resigns

-Dictators and "long term" Presidents begin to shit, fart, cum, and piss at the same time.

-Citizens:
Marney1
QUOTE (Meow Zedong @ Feb 22 2011, 08:16 PM) *
QUOTE (Heartless @ Feb 23 2011, 04:14 AM) *

The Egyptian revolution was started by the Egyptians and not anyone else like you seem to suggest. Mubarak was a puppet dictator of the U.S., and it seems highly unlikely and counter-intuitive to assume that the CIA planned to depose him.
Of course though, the U.S. would try to fabricate American links to the uprising, as it did in 1958 when the Dominican Republic assassinated U.S puppet dictator Trujillo.
Anyways, what I'm saying is, this revolution belongs to the natives and to try and find a Lawrence of Arabia to explain the Egyptian's success is a colonialist attempt to take credit from the Egyptian people.

He was a puppet who was beginning to stray from his handlers, so of course the CIA would have a plan to depose him. They want you to believe it was the people who rose up all by themselves. If there hadn't been been outside interference getting the people to show their hatred for their leader, then why didn't they do it long ago? The main players organising the protests obviously know they're being backed by a higher power, who probably told them they'll back them all the way. People don't just stand up together like that unless they think they're going to get away with it.
Similar thing happened in 1991 when George Bush told the kurds to stand up and fight Saddam, they thought they had backing except on that occasion Saddam put the revolt down and the west thought "Oh well, maybe next time, seeya guys, you're on your own."

Qdeathstar
QUOTE (Heartless @ Feb 22 2011, 07:14 PM) *

If you want democracy, you want democracy, if you don't you should shut up. America wants to spread democracy, if people opposed to america get elected time and time again then thats democracy for you.
Marney1
QUOTE (Qdeathstar @ Feb 22 2011, 10:37 PM) *

If you want democracy, you want democracy, if you don't you should shut up. America wants to spread democracy, if people opposed to america get elected time and time again then thats democracy for you.

demon
QUOTE (Qdeathstar @ Feb 22 2011, 01:59 PM) *

Democratic governments can resign, it may happen when the people are unhappy enough. Recent examples are Iceland and Ireland.

I don't think any Western country has a duty to intervene in Libya, in particular not USA. It is tempting, I can see that of course. But it's politically impossible. The West has enough with other Arab conflicts.

You don't seriously suggest that it was someone on the outside (CIA) who started it?? That's what all the dictators say when they get riots. In the case with Libya, it was the people who started it, inspired by the revolutions in Tunisia and Egypt. Civilians can overrun military depots/bases when no one guards them, or the guards change side and help the civilians. Parts of the Libyan army did change side.
Qdeathstar
It sounded like to me that he is saying that the people who started the revolts are irrational dangerous people who couldn't be trusted to run a government. Not that the CIA did it. (Not sure we're behind this ~ AKA Not sure we want this) and (Normal Citizens don't over run military bases ~ AKA the protesters are dangerous.) Reading comprehension R hard.

That might be true, it might not. But if you want democracy, and this is what democracy gives you, you should still allow it.
Tranque
QUOTE (Qdeathstar @ Feb 23 2011, 02:01 PM) *
It sounded like to me that he is saying that the people who started the revolts are irrational dangerous people who couldn't be trusted to run a government. Not that the CIA did it. (Not sure we're behind this ~ AKA Not sure we want this) and (Normal Citizens don't over run military bases ~ AKA the protesters are dangerous.) Reading comprehension R hard.

That might be true, it might not. But if you want democracy, and this is what democracy gives you, you should still allow it.

You don't mean that if you want democracy and 'democracy' gives you a leader who stays in power for over 20 years, you should just suck it up? I don't want to go on a tirade if I misunderstood so yeah..
Qdeathstar
no, ofcourse not, i'm sayng that if they elect people who don't like america time and time again (with term limits, ect) then america should suck it up and not vote for dictatorship over democracy.
Tranque
<3
Marney1
It makes me laugh that people actually believe this shit. No doubt the dead CIA assett aka Bin Laden will make a new audio tape about the situation soon:
AL-QAEDA has set up an Islamic emirate in Derna, in eastern Libya, headed by a former US prisoner at Guantanamo Bay.

Also:
Indiana Official: "Use Live Ammunition" Against Wisconsin Protesters

Remember the Kent State Massacre, think it'll never happen again?
Qdeathstar
so, who wants to put money on who will die first/ Gadaffi or Sheen. And Go!
Heartless
I'm most interested in why so many Americans are demanding Obama invade Libya to overthrow Gaddafi. When Bush went after Osama and later Saddam we nearly shat ourselves. I guess we think that if a democrat wants war it must be a good thing. I'm thinking when all these countries are settled with freely elected leaders and re-opened to the west, we'll look back on Bush in a completely different light.
Qdeathstar
This is different in about 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
0000000000000000 million ways. Here are a few.

1. The uprising in Libya came from within, Iraq's didn't.
2. The Lybian government is actively targeting peaceful protesters, at the time Saddam wasnt.
3. One of the reasons to attack Iraq was to promote democracy, well.. promote it.

Oh, and i don't want an invasion, as it would solidify gadafi, nope, i want a few well placed air strikes.
Heartless
1. You have zero proof of that. We know nothing about what's going on inside the country.
2. Saddam killed off an entire country. Saddam established death squads to stop people from defecting to American forces. Saddam was a butcher, not a hero of the unwashed masses.
3. One of the reasons to attack Libya is to promote democracy, well.. promote it.

And Iraq started with a lot of air strikes.
demon
QUOTE (Heartless @ Feb 28 2011, 06:29 AM) *
I'm most interested in why so many Americans are demanding Obama invade Libya to overthrow Gaddafi. When Bush went after Osama and later Saddam we nearly shat ourselves. I guess we think that if a democrat wants war it must be a good thing. I'm thinking when all these countries are settled with freely elected leaders and re-opened to the west, we'll look back on Bush in a completely different light.

That I'm thinking too. Some day in the not too distant future most of us will remember Bush jr. as a good president, perhaps equally with Reagan. I hold Bush jr. in high regard.

QUOTE (Heartless @ Feb 28 2011, 07:52 AM) *
1. You have zero proof of that. We know nothing about what's going on inside the country.
2. Saddam killed off an entire country. Saddam established death squads to stop people from defecting to American forces. Saddam was a butcher, not a hero of the unwashed masses.
3. One of the reasons to attack Libya is to promote democracy, well.. promote it.

I supported the last invasion of Iraq from day one, and I still do. When you know that, it'll maybe come as a surprise that I'm against any military intervention in Libya now. This revolution they'll have to fight on their own. Actually, a part of me is on Ghadaffi's side, a part of me is on the rebel's side.
Qdeathstar
QUOTE (Heartless @ Feb 28 2011, 06:52 AM) *

1. Well, based on all available evidence (images and videos posted by Libyan citizens), and the fact that there was no large scale attack like there was in Iraq... its safe to say that it appears that the uprising started with in. You want more proof than that then thats too bad.

2. Not at the time we attacked him. Those attacts were in the 1990s, we attacked hi min 2003.

3. My point is that attacking Iraq set precedence.

I know, where the fucked up was actually invading the country. And i don't want a lot of airstrikes. Just one well targeted one, Gadafi's palace.
Heartless
Which palace? And hey. The first people in Iraq were some guys called "Grey Fox." They're a highly classified delta force team. They lived in Baghdad. They were the reason we were able to invade that city, and were there long before any marine even crossed the border from Kuwait. The US is famous for deep insertion, highly patient covert teams.
Marney1
Can't believe anyone could see Bush (Snr. & Jnr.) in any other light than that of a war criminal.

Anyway, poll open: Will Gaddafi Get Killed?
Heartless
QUOTE (-Marney1- @ Feb 28 2011, 02:28 PM) *
Can't believe anyone could see Bush (Snr. & Jnr.) in any other light than that of a war criminal.

After seeing Saddam dragged through the streets with a rope around his neck, I'm sure he hopes so.

And why is Bush a war criminal? Do you know what a war criminal is?
Marney1
QUOTE (Heartless @ Feb 28 2011, 08:16 PM) *
QUOTE (-Marney1- @ Feb 28 2011, 02:28 PM) *

After seeing Saddam dragged through the streets with a rope around his neck, I'm sure he hopes so.

And why is Bush a war criminal? Do you know what a war criminal is?

No I don't know what a war criminal is, please explain.
Heartless
The employment of poison gas. Ethnic cleansing and genocide. The killing of civilians. The killing of wounded soldiers. Mass rape. Starvation of prisoners, and starvation of an occupied people. Attacking a peaceful nation without warrant or causation. Conscripting women into sexual slavery, or taking of slaves of any kind. Unrestricted warfare against merchants, the Red Cross, or any non-allied medical personnel.

I don't remember doing any of that. But I do remember the Iraqi's taking prisoners to rape, torture and tote on al-jahzeera as trophies of war.
Marney1
Bombing civilians with phospherus and uranium tipped missiles might as well be classed as chemical attackss. Killing wounded soldiers happened a lot, particularly by U.S soldiers. Some also raped then murdered Iraqi girls, killed journalists who where displaying huge 'TV' ensignia on their vehicles, bombed the country's main water plants for no other reason than to earn future contracts to rebuild them, totured prisoners of war.

Those are war crimes and the commander in chief was Bush, therefore he is a war criminal.
Qdeathstar
Marney, Wah. Stfu with all the antiamericam rhetoric.
Marney1
QUOTE (Qdeathstar @ Feb 28 2011, 10:00 PM) *

Does the truth hurt?

Also, it's not anti-American, it's just stating fact. What's the problem, it's ok to talk about atrocities commited by everyone else except your or my own countries?

I'm against any war that is launched for the purpose of greed and power for a select few.
Edit: America used napalm in Iraq too.
Heartless
Yes, and we nuked Baghdad. I'd like to see your sources bub. (That doesn't have to do with Abu-Gharib, or Pvt Green)
Marney1
QUOTE (Heartless @ Mar 1 2011, 12:02 AM) *
Yes, and we nuked Baghdad. I'd like to see your sources bub. (That doesn't have to do with Abu-Gharib, or Pvt Green)

Jesus! You must have been sunbathing over the border in Saudi when all this was going on. Do you know what a MK 77 bomb is?

I'll give you time to google it.....bub.
Heartless
QUOTE (-Marney1- @ Feb 28 2011, 07:19 PM) *
QUOTE (Heartless @ Mar 1 2011, 12:02 AM) *

Jesus! You must have been sunbathing over the border in Saudi when all this was going on. Do you know what a MK 77 bomb is?

I'll give you time to google it.....bub.

I'm not a pilot. I'm not a Marine. And, after a google search, it does say it is similar, but not the same as napalm.

"The U.S. destroyed its remaining Vietnam era napalm in 2001 but, according to the reports for I Marine Expeditionary Force (I MEF) serving in Iraq in 2003, they used a total of 30 MK 77 weapons in Iraq between 31 March and 2 April 2003, against military targets away from civilian areas. The MK 77 firebomb does not have the same composition as napalm, although it has similar destructive characteristics. The Pentagon has told us that owing to the limited accuracy of the MK 77, it is not generally used in urban terrain or in areas where civilians are congregated."[6]

So we used it on area targets and a few select individual targets. And avoided civilians. So, again, I don't know where you're going with this. What great travesty did we visit upon these nice people with something that isn't napalm?
Marney1
We could argue about this until the cows come home, back to Gaddafi etc....
Heartless
QUOTE (-Marney1- @ Feb 28 2011, 11:38 PM) *

It's not an argument. When you call Bush a war criminal you're calling me a war criminal, and I didn't kill any kids. Or rape anyone. Or commit Arab genocide.
Marney1
QUOTE (Heartless @ Mar 1 2011, 04:55 AM) *

It's not an argument. When you call Bush a war criminal you're calling me a war criminal, and I didn't kill any kids. Or rape anyone. Or commit Arab genocide. Or go to Iraq.

So anyway, is anyone expecting our friend - well he was 3 weeks ago - to get killed?
Tranque
QUOTE (demon @ Feb 28 2011, 09:13 AM) *
That I'm thinking too. Some day in the not too distant future most of us will remember Bush jr. as a good president, perhaps equally with Reagan. I hold Bush jr. in high regard.

"Trees cause more pollution than automobiles do."

"I am here to make an announcement that this Thursday, ticket counters and airplanes will fly out of Ronald Reagan Airport."

One of them was serious, the other can't speak.

Marney1
The media are definitely telling us bullshit about this so-called uprising. Heard a report about Gaddafi bombing a ship in the harbor of (forget the name of the city) but one fact they left out was that place is in the middle of the desert. There's no proof of any massacre's of innocent people, or airstrikes on civilian areas. I think the media are doing a 'toppling Saddams statue' story here, like when they photoshopped the 'cheering crowd' of thousands which was in fact probably around a hundred.
Seems likely he had some of his soldiers killed because they were deserting but that would happen in most middle eastern countries.
Qdeathstar
QUOTE (-Marney1- @ Mar 1 2011, 08:24 AM) *
QUOTE (Heartless @ Mar 1 2011, 04:55 AM) *

It's not an argument. When you call Bush a war criminal you're calling me a war criminal, and I didn't kill any kids. Or rape anyone. Or commit Arab genocide. Or go to Iraq.

So anyway, is anyone expecting our friend - well he was 3 weeks ago - to get killed?
Qdeathstar
Whats your point. You have to do the best with what you got. Libya gave up its arms programs/ect and in return got a reward for it. Doesn't me we were allies. Its carrot diplomacy. Read about it. Also, nice way to change the subject.
Marney1
QUOTE (Qdeathstar @ Mar 2 2011, 04:59 AM) *
Whats your point. You have to do the best with what you got. Libya gave up its arms programs/ect and in return got a reward for it. Doesn't me we were allies. Its carrot diplomacy. Read about it. Also, nice way to change the subject.

I don't think this has gone off topic (subject) have I missed something? unsure.gif
Heartless
I just caught that. Fuck off marney. What a loser.
demon
Of course war crimes have been comitted in Iraq by American soldiers, but that doesn't make Bush a war criminal. I almost can't believe you meant that.
And incendiary bombs are not illegal? They shouldn't be, and I don't belive the US uses it unless it is necessary.

As for the Libyan conflict... I'm torn between the sides and what I mean one day might not be what I mean another day. It's okay for him to use airstrikes and artillery against demonstrants, the demonstrants know they risk it. I don't think he will win power back, but if he does, well that's okay. There are no one ready to take his place, and if someone does they could be a new one like him.

Fido 15
Oh, the insurrection will spread to Europe, young ones... My guess is the PIIGS (Portugal, Italy, Ireland, Greece, Spain) will have greater turmoil in the coming years after their entire economies have a nuclear meltdown.
LoonaTyk1
QUOTE (Qdeathstar @ Feb 28 2011, 04:00 PM) *

no shit ! wow never heard such ignorant conspiracies. you need to go out more and see the real world dude. your mind is going fast. i'm glad your not an american.
Marney1
QUOTE (LoonaTyk1 @ Mar 11 2011, 10:32 AM) *

no shit ! wow never heard such ignorant conspiracies. you need to go out more and see the real world dude. your mind is going fast. i'm glad your not an american.

Need to go out and see more of the real world? Now that made me lol.
LoonaTyk1
QUOTE (-Marney1- @ Mar 11 2011, 04:53 AM) *

glad i could return the favor. your theories make me lol all the time. and yeah , the real world . not the one you make up in these forums. further more , if the usa is behind all these events , GOOD! i'm all for the usa policing the world .
Marney1
QUOTE (LoonaTyk1 @ Mar 11 2011, 03:34 PM) *
QUOTE (-Marney1- @ Mar 11 2011, 04:53 AM) *

glad i could return the favor. your theories make me lol all the time. and yeah , the real world . not the one you make up in these forums. further more , if the usa is behind all these events , GOOD! i'm all for the usa policing the world .

'Policing the world'? Is that what you call it? You should join the army and get some fresh air while you help 'police the world' for your country.
demon
i'm all for the usa policing the world

That's what I usually think, because most parts of the world are not fit to govern themselves, including the EU.

But in this case I've had enough of USA sticking their nose where it does not belong. Europe is also sticking their nose where it does not belong. Let Libya have their civil war. If Gaddafi wins then he deserves to be their chief.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.