Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Saints Row: The Third
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > Other Gaming > Other Games
Marney1
Supposedly leaked 'screenshots' of Saints Row 3.

DuPz0r
Certainly looks like something you'd expect from saints row...
Massacre
Probably game art, as it's the same style as the art for Saints Row 2, and the plane addresses the possible premise for Saints Row 3 (in the DLC the main character makes reference to going to another city), but they're obviously not screenshots.

Since the game is set to release this fall, I'd say they are actual game art. Article says it's most likely a Game Informer cover, and I would agree.
Marney1
3rd pic reminds me of TBoGT.
bOnEs
i would LOVE to play this game this year... since i don't hear anything about a new GTA, saint's row 3 would make a fine substitute... rumors about it being in a different city are welcomed if you ask me... i don't want to see the same damn city with the same streets for the 3rd one... let's have the saint's branch out into different cities, which would go a long ways towards explaining why you are creating a new character... your character from 2 didn't blow up in a boat explosion this time so, there's no way of explaining why you have to create your character outside of being a part of a new division of the saints...

bring it, volition...
Massacre
My guess for the main character is that you either import your character from 2, remake the character and just ignore the fact that he looks different, or the game imports your character to use as an NPC, and you play a a new member of the Saints, taking orders from your old character.

And let's hope this one looks better. The graphics for 2 were complete shit, especially compared to the first game.
Marney1
Saints Row 3 Saints Row: The Third
Massacre
The Third? The fuck is that supposed to mean...
Marney1
Dunno but - "THQ core games executive vice president Danny Bilson took a swipe at competition like the Grand Theft Auto series, noting, "There's no delivering pizza, no shuttling family members about in a long series of taxi missions." Gamespot

Fuck it, I'm not buying it. I want my pizza scooter from San Andreas...
Massacre
He should also mention that there's no story, no decent graphics, and no knowledge of how street gangs work.
DuPz0r
Hey i miss the fire and vigilante missions more!
Edgecrusher
Lol @ Danny Bilson. Saints Row is not the worst GTA rip off ever, but it's got a long way to go before he can start taking pot shots at GTA without looking like an epic douchebag.
Massacre
It's the best GTA ripoff, but that's like being the best yak in India. You may be pretty sweet, but you're not cow enough to be sacred.

Most random analogy ever ftw.
Marney1
QUOTE (Massacre @ Mar 3 2011, 07:18 PM) *
It's the best GTA ripoff, but that's like being the best yak in India. You may be pretty sweet, but you're not cow enough to be sacred.

Most random analogy ever ftw.

What an amazing quote.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.