Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: R.I.P "Bizarre Creations" 1994 - 2011
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > Other Gaming > Other Games
Marney1
Bizarre Creations best known for games like Blur, Project Gotham Racing and Geometry Wars closes it's doors today for good, some of the 200 staff have found work at Activision but a lot may be out of work for a while. Bit of a blow for British games production, lot of wasted talent now looking for jobs.

RIP Bizarre Creations

Note: Not sure if this should be in General??
bOnEs
don't forget "blood stone 007"... easily the most overlooked game of 2010... this is the second game i've fallen in love with that was the companies final game... pandemic and the saboteur... and now bizzare and blood stone 007... i am buying blood stone when it reaches the $10 plateau, which will probably happen in the summer...

^^ lol, that guy SUCKS at driving laugh.gif...
Marney1
Da da da daaaa da da daaaaaaa da da da da d' da daaaaaaaa
ENVi3
Honestly I can say I never played any of their games. I guess I played a demo for The Club, but I didn't like it.
I can probably imagine loads of other people felt the same about that game and probably their other games.
I know Geometry Wars and the Project Gotham Racing games were popular, but those came out years ago.
I'm not saying this developer company sucks, but I'm just saying maybe this is what just needed to naturally happen.
Marney1
QUOTE (ENVi3 @ Feb 18 2011, 06:09 PM) *
Honestly I can say I never played any of their games. I guess I played a demo for The Club, but I didn't like it.
I can probably imagine loads of other people felt the same about that game and probably their other games.
I know Geometry Wars and the Project Gotham Racing games were popular, but those came out years ago.
I'm not saying this developer company sucks, but I'm just saying maybe this is what just needed to naturally happen.

Maybe, but it seems like the gaming industry is slowly heading down the path towards becoming one mega huge company - "New World Order Games"?
bOnEs
i recommend that everyone should at least rent blood stone if you're looking for 6 hours to kill... it's the most intense 6 hours since uncharted 2, lots to kill and plenty of stuff blowing up...
PabloHoneyOle
Who gives a shit? Marney, are you just copying every story you read on Kotaku again?

I haven't played Blood Stone yet, which bones obviously has a massive erection for, but I didn't care for any of their other games.

Certainly not an A+ studio and in this day in age, you almost have to be or you'll eventually close down or let a larger studio absorb you.
bOnEs
activision is a venus fly trap... you go in, but never come out... they have closed down so many studios after purchasing them that i am starting to lose count and lose track on who's closed under their banner... i don't even know why anyone in their right mind would agree to be purchased by activision... i used to have a problem with EA but, right now, i'd be happy to hear from them... if i heard from activision i'd be fearing my future within the industry...

the only company that probably won't be eventually phased out by activision purchasing them is blizzard...
Marney1
QUOTE (Stoic Person Eater @ Feb 18 2011, 08:54 PM) *
Who gives a shit? Marney, are you just copying every story you read on Kotaku again?

I haven't played Blood Stone yet, which bones obviously has a massive erection for, but I didn't care for any of their other games.

Certainly not an A+ studio and in this day in age, you almost have to be or you'll eventually close down or let a larger studio absorb you.

Heard it on the local radio station, and no I'm not copying anything. I do have the ability to write articles too you know? With Kotaku going to shit lately, someone has to. Just because you're not interested, doesn't mean other people aren't.
Massacre
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Feb 18 2011, 04:05 PM) *
activision is a venus fly trap... you go in, but never come out... they have closed down so many studios after purchasing them that i am starting to lose count and lose track on who's closed under their banner... i don't even know why anyone in their right mind would agree to be purchased by activision... i used to have a problem with EA but, right now, i'd be happy to hear from them... if i heard from activision i'd be fearing my future within the industry...

the only company that probably won't be eventually phased out by activision purchasing them is blizzard...

Between the Sims, Dragon Age, and Mass Effect, I have no problem with EA at all any more, as long as they don't try to fuck with my Rockstar again.
DuPz0r
Damn. I went to a seminar last year with the art directors of Bizzare Creations doing a talk and recruiting new artists. They let us have a go on blur a few weeks before release which was nice of them. They took on a couple of third year students from my course. Damn i feel bad for them. Hopefully they got a job elsewhere.
alooper21
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Feb 18 2011, 06:35 PM) *
i am buying blood stone when it reaches the $10 plateau, which will probably happen in the summer...

see, that's the problem with the closing videogame studios: all people wait for the prices to drop. until then, the developer is closing it's gates because people don't buy the game, and after that the publisher gets the money for the cheap-by-now games.
bOnEs
hey i have priorities... i "rented" blood stone and loved it... but, i was already planning on buying little big planet 2, which i now have... so now that i am knee-deep in LBP2, i don't have time for blood stone, which is why it'd be a waste of money to buy it now... sure this is partially why publishers have to keep closing their doors, but, i don't have unlimited funds either so i can't just go out and buy every game i like at full value... i usually buy it new though to help out the publishers since used is usually only $5 cheaper, but this particular one closed and i'd just be helping out activision, which i don't want to do... so bood stone is a used purchase for me... and besides, at the current moment, i am helping out media molecule because i bought this game at full face value, $60...

i can't just buy everything i want, i haven't won the lottery yet... but i am sure as hell trying to tongue.gif...
Marney1
Can you imagine having to watch a video (like the one in the OP) called "Rockstar Games R.I.P" - that would be a fucking killer.
alooper21
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Feb 20 2011, 08:04 PM) *
Can you imagine having to watch a video (like the one in the OP) called "Rockstar Games R.I.P" - that would be a fucking killer.

someone should make it just for the fun of it rolleyes.gif ! how ea bought take2, and rockstar got closed, and gta got anualised, SpeedTheftAuto, with spoof comercials and trailers, and depicting some shallow gameplay and such, while praising it's "new and unique character creation", and all the big reviewers giving a+ to the ultimate sandbox biggrin.gif!
Marney1

Lucid Games Official Site Now taking people on.
Marney1
Ex-Bizarre Creations staff form Hogrocket.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.