Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Interesting...
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > Other Gaming > Other Games
Tranque
Fucking depressing
Massacre
Well, it's a longshot, but here's hoping the game ends up being as good as the trailer.
Marney1
Well, I dunno what to say........dead kids ftw?
Massacre
Yes. Dead kids ftw.
bOnEs
godamn ads... i thought for about 10 seconds you posted a trailer for battle: los angeles... i am about to give up on zombie games though... so many have hit the market in the past 3 years that i don't even want to try the next one... this one takes place on a resort island, right?? an outbreak takes over the island... children, mothers, and cheap mexican help are subject to the disease... and lemme guess, it's up to you to save the day??
DuPz0r
I love it. If this game comes out, i dunno how they can get around having a child dying in it, these things are a bit of a no-no amongst developers. These guys have some balls.

This trailer reminds me of heavy rain with the mo-cap elements. It also reminds me of the walking dead a little.
Heartless
And Memento. Ten bucks says amazing, ground breaking trailer, horrendously, laughably stupid ass video game.
Qdeathstar
QUOTE (Heartless @ Feb 17 2011, 10:47 AM) *
And Memento. Ten bucks says amazing, ground breaking trailer, horrendously, laughably stupid ass video game.

Probably, they went for the shock factor a bit too soon. My guess is that the trailer is an opening scene (A dream) and when you wake up as the player a Zombie outbreak actually occurs and its your job to stop your dream from comming true.
Tranque
Or you play as a zany zombie lawyer who tired to get away from the stresses of the city in going to a tropical island but through a series of whacky mishaps he becomes a zombie but really he's more interested in enjoying the amenities he's paid for than consuming flesh because he's jewish.
Heartless
The Jew would always eat the child flesh, free soap and packets of coffee be damned.
Marney1
Gameplay looks awesome!!!

Dead Island Trailer Opinion - From someone who lost his daughter.
Tranque
Yo imma let you finish but if we keep changing things to not offend everyone who gets offended we'd end up with a grey screen dood.
Edgecrusher
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Feb 17 2011, 03:43 PM) *

It's a private blog, can't read it. Nice graphics though, definately day one purchase.
Massacre
QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Feb 17 2011, 02:31 AM) *
I love it. If this game comes out, i dunno how they can get around having a child dying in it, these things are a bit of a no-no amongst developers. These guys have some balls.

I don't see the big deal with kids dying. Doesn't the kid from Dead Rising 2 end up going zombie too? (Really, does she? Still haven't played it.) Kids die, this shit just happens. Granted, this is coming from a guy sitting on a throne made of aborted fetuses.

QUOTE (Heartless @ Feb 17 2011, 04:47 AM) *

Guaranteed.

QUOTE (Marney1 @ Feb 17 2011, 10:43 AM) *

Not going to register an account to read that, but fuck that guy, regardless of if he's okay with it or not. Fuck him. With a brick.

Also, that screen shot is from a game I played on Kongregate.com. Don't remember the name.
Marney1
Weird, that link worked yesterday. I think that game's called Zombie Overrun.....or something like that.
PabloHoneyOle

Copy and paste the article you scouser.
Marney1
QUOTE (Stoic Person Eater @ Feb 17 2011, 08:23 PM) *

Copy and paste the article you scouser.

I'm not joining it just to copy paste it here..........you, you........... unsure.gif
PabloHoneyOle
http://www.co-optimus.com/article/5488/mor...-an-axe-at.html

We've just received a bunch of new details and screens for the Techland developed Dead Island. It was a game that suddenly jumped back on everyone's radar after being in hiding for almost three years. But the game came back with a vengeance thanks to a horrifically emotional trailer released yesterday and boy are we glad it did.

Dead Island will focus primarily on melee combat, with firearms and ammo being extremely scarce. Players assume the role of an "everyday" character who was on the island of Banoi for vacation when a zombie outbreak suddenly hits. The player characters find themselves immune to the disease and soon they begin their quest to discover what exactly happened.

I use the word quest, because the game is said to play a bit like an Action/RPG in an open world - Fallout 3 comes to mind in terms of the style we'll be seeing. Players will earn quests from some of the random survivors scattered throughout the island to progress the story. Since you are a normal person - swinging an axe to lop the head of the undead off isn't exactly second nature, so you'll be a bit sloppy at first. The game's skill tree and experience system comes to play here as you can upgrade your proficiency and skills for the games many different objects - anything from an axe to a bat or even a tree branch can be used as a weapon. Furthermore, these items can be used in combination with a weapon customization system - think Dead Rising 2 - to add even more depth.

Dead Island is also boasting a damage system that lets you dismember the zombies anyway you see fit - something we saw in great detail in yesterday's teaser video.

All of this is combined with the promised drop in and drop out four player co-op online gameplay on the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC. Dead Island is sounding incredibly ambitious and if Techland manages to pull it of, they have a sure fire hit on their hands. For now we'll just have to drool over the new screenshots and hope the game makes its planned late 2011 release date.

Also, here is a major wuss:
http://www.mcvuk.com/news/43094/OPINION-Th...-Island-trailer
PabloHoneyOle
Massacre
Thinking further on this, I'm pretty sure most of the zombie movies I've seen have involved some zombie kid getting his/her skull caved in with a blunt object. The guy kills an infected kid in 28 Days Later (albeit off-camera) and that kid technically isn't even a zombie. In Dawn of the Dead (2005), they off-screen kill a zombie baby. A baby. And no one gave a shit.

Any flak this game catches isn't because a kid dies, it's because it happened in a video game and not a movie or some other form of media that people don't scapegoat. Kids die in brutal, vicious real-life situations every day, in the hundreds (or more likely thousands, but I didn't look up any statistics for this), so maybe people should worry about that instead of some fictional kid turning into a zombie in a game. A game that will most likely suck, anyway.

Fuck this, I need to go blow off some steam. Anyone want to go baby-tossing with me?
Marney1
Fuck kids! The catholic church do.......
Massacre
I used to. It's 16+ for me now. Anything younger, I raise as my own until it's old enough to violate.
Marney1
I fucked a 12 year old girl once, I was 12 too btw.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.