Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: TreeFitty for admin?
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > Important Information > Website & Forum Problems & Discussion
demon
I vote yes, not because we are in great need for more admins, but because I believe another admin would be an improvement for the site. (Take that Fitty, you who oppose any idea for small improvements unless it's absolutely necessary.) And in my opinion, TreeFitty would be the best candidate for a new admin position, because he is great as moderator and almost always online.

The idea to promote Fitty started here in the "Messages from Alex" topic as a result of Alex hijacking another account. And I thought it would be nice if here was someone who could deal with it more effectively than a moderator. The idea gained some support and I decided to make this poll. If many vote "yes" Psy can take this as a petition to promote Fitty.

asthenia
You should have made the poll a yes/maybe/no thing. I voted yes, and TF is here a lot of the time, but I wouldn't say he's here a lot more than any admin. Just because you don't see them doesn't mean they're not doing their job.
ViceMan
This ain't no democracy foo'!
Heartless
As far as I'm aware, the only way to make admin is to fly to Liverpool and suck off Psy.
demon
QUOTE (asthenia @ Jan 29 2011, 11:08 PM) *
You should have made the poll a yes/maybe/no thing. I voted yes, and TF is here a lot of the time, but I wouldn't say he's here a lot more than any admin. Just because you don't see them doesn't mean they're not doing their job.

I see that now, maybe I should have kept it simpler.

You might be right, perhaps they work invisible.

Massacre
I'm pretty sure Duff is on at some point almost every day, I see him on a lot, so there's an admin around more than we think. I don't know if another admin would help (I don't know what the fuck's going on any more), but Fitty is the best choice, in my opinion. He's done a great job as a mod.

So, I support Fitty for admin, but I have no clue if we need a stronger admin presence or not.
ViceMan
QUOTE (Heartless @ Jan 29 2011, 11:37 PM) *
As far as I'm aware, the only way to make admin is to fly to Liverpool and suck off Psy.

If you flew to Liverpool you'd be sucking off Marney... which won't benefit anyone. The location you're searching for is Newcastle, try saying it as "nook'hass'l" to really fit in with the natives though.
Heartless
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jan 30 2011, 04:19 AM) *

If you flew to Liverpool you'd be sucking off Marney... which won't benefit anyone. The location you're searching for is Newcastle, try saying it as "nook'hass'l" to really fit in with the natives though.

Ah, ok. I was confused. Thank you for telling me this far in advance so I can alter my itinerary.
DuffMan
The reason we only have three admins right now is for security reasons. Accounts are being attacked. If an admin account gets cracked, they can delete everything on the site and the forums with a few clicks.

TreeFitty does a brilliant job, there's no denying that. As it stands, we are successfully keeping the forums under control. I'm constantly tweaking settings in the Admin CP and he passes information on to me every day. It works, and it's safe. If we get to the point where I can't deal with the admin side of the forums on my own, I have no problem making him admin.

Hope that clears the situation up a bit.
Edgecrusher
^This^ Which is basically why I voted number three. Sorry, Fitty. If the situation changes, you have my vote.
ViceMan
In other words; DO NOT QUESTION YOUR BENEVOLENT MASTER PSY'S ACTIONS AND/OR REASONING!!
demon
QUOTE (asthenia @ Jan 29 2011, 11:08 PM) *

I could and should have done it that simple, but I wrote the questions before I was aware I could fill in an intro to the poll explaining the poll. That's why the questions are not just Yes/Maybe/No.

QUOTE (Massacre @ Jan 30 2011, 03:08 AM) *
I'm pretty sure Duff is on at some point almost every day, I see him on a lot, so there's an admin around more than we think. I don't know if another admin would help (I don't know what the fuck's going on any more), but Fitty is the best choice, in my opinion. He's done a great job as a mod.

So, I support Fitty for admin, but I have no clue if we need a stronger admin presence or not.

I have seen Duff online a few times the last weeks, but maybe he (and other admins) are here alot more often that I know. I've seen Psy one time this year and Sheep not once, unless I've forgot it. Maybe they are here often but don't hang around long enough for me to spot them.

QUOTE (DuffMan @ Jan 30 2011, 03:52 PM) *
The reason we only have three admins right now is for security reasons. Accounts are being attacked. If an admin account gets cracked, they can delete everything on the site and the forums with a few clicks.

TreeFitty does a brilliant job, there's no denying that. As it stands, we are successfully keeping the forums under control. I'm constantly tweaking settings in the Admin CP and he passes information on to me every day. It works, and it's safe. If we get to the point where I can't deal with the admin side of the forums on my own, I have no problem making him admin.

The security is one thing I didn't consider, but I don't know if more admin accounts necessarily lower the security, if everyone use a strong password. Any attacker would just pick an admin account and try to crack it, and I don't know if a fourth admin account would make it much easier for him? Just use strong passwords, we don't want an enemy of the site as admin lol.

It sounds like you are the one admin running this site?

Just to make sure nothing is misunderstood, I want to say that I did not think the site is poorly managed. It was only about giving TF some more tools.
Heartless
You're fairly new, so you're allowed a few mistakes. More then a few admin/mods have gone off the deep end and ass fucked the site. Srsly. It's hard to pick the right person - you never know when they'll go bananas and it's tits up for the site.
PabloHoneyOle
You're so naive to think Psy cares about this site at all anymore.
DuffMan
QUOTE (demon @ Jan 30 2011, 11:29 PM) *
The security is one thing I didn't consider, but I don't know if more admin accounts necessarily lower the security, if everyone use a strong password. Any attacker would just pick an admin account and try to crack it, and I don't know if a fourth admin account would make it much easier for him? Just use strong passwords, we don't want an enemy of the site as admin lol.

It sounds like you are the one admin running this site?

Just to make sure nothing is misunderstood, I want to say that I did not think the site is poorly managed. It was only about giving TF some more tools.

The fewer accounts with access to the admin panel, the better. That's why Pyro and bronco aren't admins anymore. As I said, if it gets to the point where we need a fourth admin, then someone will be promoted. As far as tools, all moderators can delete posts/topics and ban accounts from posting on the spot. The only difference is that I can ban IPs, which isn't a permanent fix because there are so many proxies out there.

QUOTE (Stoic Person Eater @ Jan 31 2011, 05:34 PM) *

To be fair, both Psy and I are on full time uni courses atm. For me personally, while there's still no GTA5 speculation, this site is quite low in the priority list, and while I can't speak for Psy it may be the same situation for him. I'm still around and if there's anything reported it goes straight to my phone so I can deal with it, but as for keeping everything up to date... I just don't have the time I used to.
Heartless
QUOTE (Stoic Person Eater @ Jan 31 2011, 12:34 PM) *

TreeFitty
In any case, thanks for the compliments. wub.gif fap.gif
Massacre
Why do you have a pink face and a yellow hand?
TreeFitty
The slave mask was a little tight.
demon
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Feb 1 2011, 12:50 AM) *
In any case, thanks for the compliments. wub.gif fap.gif

You're welcome. But don't think we do not expect favors in return...
TreeFitty
You got your self portrait. Massacre got a R* logo. The rest will get raped when I get the chance.
Massacre
Sweet. You can borrow my raping shoes, if you want.
DuPz0r
I think... yes. smile.gif
Sheep
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jan 30 2011, 09:19 AM) *

How do you think i got admin? 0.0
Jáger
I'm not really around here enough nor do I know TreeFitty well enough to give a vote. He does a good job from what I've seen though.
Qdeathstar
QUOTE (DuffMan @ Jan 30 2011, 02:52 PM) *

I voted yes, but i find it highly unlikely that accounts are being targeted. ...
demon
There's that boy that spends hours upon hours searching for accounts with weak passwords and sometimes he find an account that he manages to break into. Maybe he would stop stealing accounts if he was made admin... fam (3).gif

Bullshit.gif
IMNOTFROMROCKSTAR
Who fucking cares?
Edgecrusher
You, apparently. dry.gif
PabloHoneyOle
Stoic Person Eater,

TreeFitty has sent you a new personal conversation entitled "TreeFitty added you as a friend".

TreeFitty said:
======================================================================
Stoic Person Eater,

TreeFitty has successfully added you to their friends list.

Appears he is campaigning for admin.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.