Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Crims on wings
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > GTA Old Gen > GTA Portable
Handsome B Wonderful
Well, i'm trying to finish the game 100%, and there appears to be a glitch with Crims on wings. Each time i make it to one of the checkpoints in little havana (i think it's near the Print place), for no reason, my plane spins around very fast and then crashes, killing me. I don't know if anyone else has had this problem, but it's annoying the crap out of me.
killjoy.rujoy?
There's still a lotta pop ups in the game,in the way of scenery.

...all I can think of is that your hitting something that isn't complely spawning;not finishing drawing...probably scenery,
like a billboard or tree or light post or such.Probably not a building.

Try approaching this marker slowly,or just fly around near it(before hitting "it") to see if something eventually pops up,
or approach from the other side?You won't win the challenge but you can take a look and see.

I've not encountered this myself and this is the 1st I've heard of this glitch.Then there's the standby answer...
"Dude,your disc is screwed mann"

But,I can't see that nothing else would be affected. smile.gif
§ynch
Haven't had this problem like with other challenges (Haiti Hover Race / Caddy Daddy) wher you crash and burn.

I did Crims when the aircraft was first available, after unlocking 2nd island.
It is just like the Biplane challenge in SA, at the LVA airport.
Even though I hate flying a plane normally, it was actually
the simplest challenge in the game for me so far, and I passed it first time.

Maybe it's like Killjoy said, hitting un-rendered structures.
The only thing I noticed was that it reminded me of VC's Dildo Dodo,
because of one sharp turn in between large buildings near downtown.
Give it another try mang, if I can pass it first time, you can pass it, I hate planes in GTA Games.
Hopefully you don't have any cheat saves.

Another glitch in the game is if you got to the 2nd island early, using the Starfish Bridge jump.
That will definitely prohibit 100% completion in many glitchy ways.
Handsome B Wonderful
I tried it again earlier today. I actually missed it this time, and when i went through it, nothing happened. Which leaves me to believe that Killjoy is right about the pop ups.

Thanks for the help and such.

Heartless
Yeah, pop-ups are a major problem in the game. I don't think I've been able to complete a race in one try because of it.
§ynch
QUOTE(Heartless @ Mar 27 2007, 08:39 AM) [snapback]1314035[/snapback]
Yeah, pop-ups are a major problem in the game. I don't think I've been able to complete a race in one try because of it.
I completed all of the 9 Turismo races, at Sunshine Autos and the Chunder Wheel.
You shouldn't have a problem with the first 8, using a Cheetah and PCJ. Very easy ones.
The last one Rockstar kicks it up a notch. Use a Phoenix, it's more rugged and durable yet powerful and fast.
The light poles sure do render for me in the races, I hit plenty of them with the Cheetah.
Phoenix rips right through them usually, with minimal smoke by race end.

Another note on Crims is, don't let the plane hit the water unless you have the unlimited swim ability.
The Vice Sights challenge didn't go over water so it's not an issue.

Most of you know the unlimited swim ability is the reward from the Beach Patrol side mission.
Finish Level 10 to save, Level 15 to complete.
killjoy.rujoy?
I think you mentioned you didn't play the PSP version of this game,so...
This was my second play through and I was familiar with all the races...familiar enough to do all the races successfully at each location,without a failed attempt before saving.I am not a race fan but a flying fan.Having said that,I liked the races in this GTA more than any other.The balance of difficulty and fun was perfect imho. thumbup.gif

But...I do miss the RC Races,as hellish as they were.There,you managed level 1 without destroying your controller or console...Level 2,now do it twice ohmy.gif ...Level 3,three times wallbash_red.gif ...you get the picture. roll2.gif

On all the 15 Level Side Missions you have save points at Level 5 and at Level 10.

On Crims and Vice Sights you say don't touch the water(I've long done them already),but why? ph34r.gif
§ynch
QUOTE(killjoy.rujoy? @ Mar 27 2007, 09:48 AM) [snapback]1314066[/snapback]
I think you mentioned you didn't play the PSP version of this game,so...
This was my second play through and I was familiar with all the races...familiar enough to do all the races successfully at each location,without a failed attempt before saving.I am not a race fan but a flying fan.Having said that,I liked the races in this GTA more than any other.The balance of difficulty and fun was perfect imho. thumbup.gif

But...I do miss the RC Races,as hellish as they were.There,you managed level 1 without destroying your controller or console...Level 2,now do it twice ohmy.gif ...Level 3,three times wallbash_red.gif ...you get the picture. roll2.gif

On all the 15 Level Side Missions you have save points at Level 5 and at Level 10.

On Crims and Vice Sights you say don't touch the water(I've long done them already),but why? ph34r.gif
If you crash at sea, with too far of a distance to shore, Vic will drown.
This is unless he has the unlimited swim ability.
Vic cannot swim like CJ, he can only swim long enough to get to a VERY close shore.

I agree the races-to-fun ratio were good. The last one just needed to be figured out.
The other racers are all in Infernuses, and both a Cheetah and Infernus are so fragile.
The Phoenix smoked them. smile.gif
killjoy.rujoy?
oh, no problemo.At first I thought you meant you weren't allowed to touch the water.
I'd rather re-load than swim! biggrin.gif
§ynch
QUOTE(killjoy.rujoy? @ Mar 27 2007, 03:57 PM) [snapback]1314167[/snapback]
I'd rather re-load than swim! biggrin.gif
Did you get through Beach Patrol for the unlimited swim reward?

Actually that's not all that is rewarded, the BP BFI is then available to buy at Sunshine Autos.
It sure did come in handy for the Biker rampage at the construction site.
killjoy.rujoy?
I've had no problem getting through Beach Patrol on both versions...all the way through on the first go.A little repetitive.Now I see it changes up if you stop or fail. ph34r.gif

Yeah,I thought I should be at 100% because I had finished the PSP version checklist,but I had found a few new PS2 version
missions while playing.When I completed the PSP version 100% checklist and still had a long way to go to 100%,I really started looking for the new missions.That's why I dragged back up the 100% checklist...but I could only post my new findings,
not edit the list. smile.gif
§ynch
QUOTE(killjoy.rujoy? @ Mar 28 2007, 02:55 PM) [snapback]1314440[/snapback]
I've had no problem getting through Beach Patrol on both versions...all the way through on the first go.A little repetitive.Now I see it changes up if you stop or fail. ph34r.gif

Yeah,I thought I should be at 100% because I had finished the PSP version checklist,but I had found a few new PS2 version
missions while playing.When I completed the PSP version 100% checklist and still had a long way to go to 100%,I really started looking for the new missions.That's why I dragged back up the 100% checklist...but I could only post my new findings,
not edit the list. smile.gif
I didn't play the PSP version, but one of my Moderators found
the extensive differences awhile ago, Extensive Differences

So I included that bit in my FAQ/Strategy Guide.
killjoy.rujoy?
Yeah,I ran into some of the new PS2 missions within an hour of playing...I started a new topic for them in this forum,and
then added replies to the PSP 100% topic. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.