Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: will this pc power this game
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > General > Geek Central
mickb
hiya i have jst bouhgt this pc and gae and was wondering if it will plya the game well with out any lag
thanks mick

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/239775

Zoostorm
Zoostorm Gaming Desktop PCIntel Core 2 Quad Q8400 2.66GHz
4GB RAM
1TB HDD
DVD Writer
NVIDIA GeForce GTS450
Windows 7 Home Premium

added details to make this easier. -TF
demon
Hello and welcome to iGTA.

Perhaps a translator such as Google Translate would be helpful for you, if you have problems with writing English. smile.gif

And wich game are you asking about?
TreeFitty
Which game? And please use English.

/edited
/moved
Massacre
Odds are he's referring to GTA IV, and he just assumes that we'll know that's what he's talking about because it's a GTA forum.
Pieface
The only problem you may have with running Hawx 2 (Assuming you mean that) is the graphics card. It may be a bit underpowered to play the game on full, but may play it well on Medium.
DuPz0r
If it's GTAIV then you will need slightly more RAM and a better graphics card to run it smoothly. I'd suggest 6gb DD3 and possibly a GTX series graphics card.
demon
QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Dec 28 2010, 10:24 AM) *
If it's GTAIV then you will need slightly more RAM and a better graphics card to run it smoothly. I'd suggest 6gb DD3 and possibly a GTX series graphics card.

What the hell? I don't doubt it when you say it, but 6 GB is ridiculous.
Can the consoles match that?
JuicEmatic
/6 days later

lol 6 gig of ddr3 will run gta 4 on full graphics as well as a virtual machine running xp with 2 gig. probably. 4 of ddr2 is fine
DuPz0r
Seriously though. The PC version of GTAIV was made inefficiently and had to be patched multiple times. I think now it could run ok on 4GB, but without patches when it was first released, you wouldn't have been able to run it very well with less than 4GB. I said 6GB to run smoothly, full settings is what i meant.

I ran it on a dual core with 4GB DDR2 of ram in the past, everything had to be on low for it to be playable. I now have an i7, Nvidia GTX series and 5gb of DDR3. GTAIV still needs more Ram to run it on full settings... :/
cuda is your boi
I have 4gb worth of RAM and played GTA4 on full...

I only played it for a day though. The PC conversion of this game was dogshit.
DuPz0r
Really? Well wtf, i have tried it on two different PC's with 4gb of ram, and it never let me push all the setting to full...
demon
I'm thinking about getting a new pc. What hardware do I need in order to easily run the most demanding games on full settings? That means I want a significant big power reserve while running the games on max.
Pieface
I have 2GB of Ram, and a GTX 260 and ran GTA IV on full very easily lol.
JuicEmatic
gta 4 sucked anyway, san andreas was way more sandboxy and fun.

demon, start with 4 gig of ddr3
demon
QUOTE (JuicEmatic @ Jan 12 2011, 03:47 AM) *
gta 4 sucked anyway, san andreas was way more sandboxy and fun.

demon, start with 4 gig of ddr3

On my next computer I'll use Linux, possibly with a Windows XP dual boot. Is Linux okay for gaming? If not then I'll use XP.

Linux and XP are not so memory hungry, that leaves more mem for other programmes such as games. So 4GB will hopefully be adequate for all games.

What about CPU and GPU?

PS, I'm no good with this so I welcome teaspoon answers.

trathen93
not trying to sound like a dick or anything but ive got a new pc hooked up to a 42 in tv and I thought id come and share with the forum how good it would be at running gta if I had a copy on pc. so here we go.

oh and the ram is 4gb but it appears i need to have a 64 bit version of 7 to get the full whack an ive only got the 32.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.