Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GTA V
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA V > GTA 5
Marney1

A statement from Wedbush Morgan claims Take-Two are on "a path to consistent profitability" and are confident the next Grand Theft Auto game will be released before February 2012.

"We are confident that Take-Two will release GTA in either 2011 or 2012 and BioShock Infinite in2012, and think the company can generate sustainable earnings growth in each year if the timing of releases is right."
Earlier this year Take-Two shuffled its financial calendar, moving its fiscal year end from October to March.
This move will provide it with more time before announcing a date for the next Grand Theft Auto release, according to Wedbush, with the game expected before the current contracts with Rockstar employees run out in February 2012.

"The change in fiscal year avoids the dilemma about announcing GTA, as management will not provide FY:12 guidance until May or June 2011. While we remain confident that GTA is on track for release prior to the expiration of key employee contracts in February 2012, the company will likely wait to announce the game until midyear, either with its March earnings or at E3 in June." - RockstarSpy NewsWire
TreeFitty
"... before the current contracts with Rockstar employees run out in February 2012."

^That's an interesting aspect.
Marney1
GameInformer have re-edited it to quote Michael Pachter as having said what's in the GameIndustry.biz article but there's no proof it was him (as yet). If it was someone else that said it then it makes it more credible and pretty much confirmed in my eyes that Rockstar are actually working on GTA 5. I tipped GameInformer off about this story after I posted it here this morning btw.
PabloHoneyOle
It's going to be Vice City. Do you want it to be in Vice City?

Who do you want to be the lead character? Do you think it will be a ninja? Or a woman?

[/thread ruined]
DuPz0r
Well it was pretty obvious they would make another GTA. But this news is interesting. Hopefully we get some good news and sceens by Easter!

Also, it does make sense that they finish the game before they contracts run out... lol I just hope they finish it sooner. 2012... I think I'll be posting my CV and showreel in at R* north by then happy.gif
Marney1
I'm just wondering how it's possible for R*North to be making GTA V and AGENT at the same time. In fact it's got me baffled.

Just throwing this in here too lol:
Family and friends beg games industry analyst Michael Pachter to 'find a real job'
Massacre
North is on Agent? Fuck it, then, Agent is done. No one fucking cares about some gay spy game, we want GTA.
DuPz0r
I think Agent is currently in its production stage. i also think GTA is in the pipeline, but only the early stages of concepting/pre-production. If it's not going to be released until 2012 then you know they aren't currently working on it at full speed at this point.

So i don't see any point in getting excited about GTA until Agent is on the horizon tbh...

Marney1
So you reckon it's somewhere between Design & Implementation?
DuPz0r
Well that's just an example. Every game developer has a different pipeline, but generally yeah, this is the stage I'd expect them to be at.
PabloHoneyOle
Until Rockstar makes an OFFICIAL announcement, this is just another spam post.
DuPz0r
Well it's more speculation than spam, but i see your point. I'm not bothered that there is no real info out about the next GTA, i just like the fact we still talk about the possibility of it being in development.
bOnEs
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Dec 14 2010, 01:17 PM) *
...I tipped GameInformer off about this story after I posted it here this morning btw.

wow, your a regular rabble rouser... proud of ya...

in other news, this isn't really news... everyone and their mother has posted some sort of GTAV speculation topic on all major gaming news websites over the past year... the fact that it's been almost 3 years since GTAIV just makes all these articles more common these days... but, i learned something about R* and that's, there's nothing to speculate about until R* actually comes out and says, "yea we're working on GTAV"... until then, these kinds of articles are just a waste of time...

i expect to hear something on agent before i hear something on GTAV... and quite honestly, there's no rush for GTAV right now... they've flying high on RDR's success, and LA noire is right around the corner, as well as agent in the not too distant future... an announcement right now about GTAV would deflate anything related to the games i mentioned... especially La noire, which has been R*'s pet project for well over 5 years now... if there's to be an announcement on GTAV, it would have to be after LA noire's release...

i am sure they're developing the game but, there's no rush at the moment so, i still think it's in it's infant stages at this point... merely just a concept in development... they've probably spent most of their time scouting locations and tweaking the RAGE engine a bit... and maybe laying down ideas and roads to test them out on... if anything, i'd say they're 25% through development... not nearly enough to make an announcement on...
PabloHoneyOle
I'm sure Marney will be the one to break the official announcement (outside of this gem) for GTAV.

Television Anchor: "We've just received word that Rockstar is moments away from releasing the first announcement regarding it's new game, Grand Theft Auto Five. But before we get the announcement from them, we have word that a plumber in England will be posting a thread on igrandtheftauto.com that will server as the official announcement. The website and plumber are not affiliated directly with Rockstar games, but there has been a lot of speculation on that site, most of it coming from the plumber. No word yet if the game will be set in Miami as previously speculated. We go live to Trisha Takinawa who is in the plumber's shitty apartment for his posting of the news on the fansite. Trisha..."
Marney1
Um ya, so anyway - I just thought this.....

"This move will provide it with more time before announcing a date for the next Grand Theft Auto release, according to Wedbush, with the game expected before the current contracts with Rockstar employees run out in February 2012."

...and this....

"The change in fiscal year avoids the dilemma about announcing GTA, as management will not provide FY:12 guidance until May or June 2011. While we remain confident that GTA is on track for release prior to the expiration of key employee contracts in February 2012, the company will likely wait to announce the game until midyear, either with its March earnings or at E3 in June."

.....where interesting because to me it's the first admission of the game actually being in development.

This is a R* fan site and this news or whatever you want to call it is what you expect to find on it, so suck it.
bOnEs
QUOTE (Stoic Person Eater @ Dec 15 2010, 11:59 AM) *
...No word yet if the game will be set in Miami as previously speculated. We go live to Trisha Takinawa who is in the plumber's shitty apartment for his posting of the news on the fansite. Trisha..."

"tom, i'm standing here with the plumber..."

TreeFitty
"Thanks, Tom. News to kill for. Plumber Marney is just moments away from posting what will be the greatest forum post in Grand Theft Auto history. We tried to get an interview, but we couldn't understand a word he was saying."

Anyway, this has slightly more credibility than other speculation topics. sleep.gif

edit: damn it bones...
bOnEs
biggrin.gif...

i could tell you that GTAV is coming out in either 2011 or 2012, just like that patcher bastard... and when 2011 comes and goes without GTA, i could tell you this time next year that GTAV will be coming out in 2012 or 2013... to predict a game coming out in a 2 year window is not predicting anything at all...

we all know it's in development... all i gathered from this article was a 2 year window, which was already speculated by patcher...
Marney1
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Dec 15 2010, 05:27 PM) *
...No word yet if the game will be set in Miami as previously speculated. We go live to Trisha Takinawa who is in the plumber's shitty apartment for his posting of the news on the fansite. Trisha..."

Cunt happy.gif
TreeFitty
*cat. the thing in the lower-right is a cat.
Skinny 
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Dec 16 2010, 04:27 AM) *

pfft, marney is an avid BNP supporter and therefore, probably not Italian.

I'm sure Marney will be the one to break the official announcement (outside of this gem) for GTAV.

Television Anchor: "We've just received word that Rockstar is moments away from releasing the first announcement regarding it's new game, Grand Theft Auto Five. But before we get the announcement from them, we have word that a plumber in England will be posting a thread on igrandtheftauto.com that will server as the official announcement. The website and plumber are not affiliated directly with Rockstar games, but there has been a lot of speculation on that site, most of it coming from the plumber. No word yet if the game will be set in Miami as previously speculated. We go live to Trisha Takinawa who is in the plumber's shitty apartment for his posting of the news on the fansite. Trisha..."

this is the funniest ting I've read all week, though I am interested by this news about the contracts running out.

JohnByng
I am looking forward to the next GTA but I don't want them to rush it because the contracts are running out.
If they do we will have to wait for the patches to try to fix all the fuck ups.

Edgecrusher
Whether the report is accurate or not, the likelihood is that the game has been in development of some sort since right after GTA IV. If I remember correctly, work began on IV straight after San Andreas and that was between console generations, so work on the next game could be further along then we think. This is all speculation though, what isn't speculation is that Rockstar are not in the habit of rushing games, generally they are delayed.
TreeFitty
QUOTE (Edgecrusher @ Mar 5 2011, 06:05 PM) *
... generally they are delayed.

A Rockstar habit we're all very aware of... unsure.gif
Edgecrusher
Yeah, I was pointing that out to the poster above me. Sorry, I just realised that might've been confusing, but I don't like quoting unless I am replying to someone several posts back
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.