Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mass Effect 3
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > Other Gaming > Other Games
Marney1
Heartless
I'm guessing this is the build an army chapter? Suikoden style?
Marney1
I'm not normally into futuristic games but if what we're seeing in the trailer is actual gameplay footage then I'm interested for once.
bOnEs
it's multiplat too... so, us PS3 users have the opportunity to play and beat mass effect 2 early next year and then patiently await the 3rd installment right alongside the xbox users later in the year... i still can't figure out how microsoft lost exclusive rights to this franchise...
PabloHoneyOle
I wish I could unplay Mass Effect 2. I just didn't care for it - one bit. Maybe it was the sci-fi theme, or the fact that's it's an RPG. I dunno. I love Fallout, but Mass Effect was nowhere near as awesome.

Maybe it's because I didn't have sex with any of the aliens.

Anyway, I sold my copy awhile ago - I'll probably pick a used copy up later next year and try and get more of the achievements, just because I am an achievement whore. But seriously, if I could wipe it from my game history I would - just so I didn't give it another thought.
bOnEs
i worry about if i'll like it or not... it seems to have a similar path as fallout 3... it's essentially considered to be dragon age with guns, just like fallout got the phrase, oblivion with guns... and dragon's age started to wear thin on me near the end of my journey... it was fun for a while but, started to get tedious with all the micromanaging, VAST dialog trees, and the fact that the story was stolen from lord of the rings, minus the ring...

this is why mass effect 2 will be a rental, just like dragon age: origins... a try it before you buy it... at least the playstation store is getting a demo soon...
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Dec 13 2010, 11:09 AM) *
i worry about if i'll like it or not... it seems to have a similar path as fallout 3... it's essentially considered to be dragon age with guns, just like fallout got the phrase, oblivion with guns... and dragon's age started to wear thin on me near the end of my journey... it was fun for a while but, started to get tedious with all the micromanaging, VAST dialog trees, and the fact that the story was stolen from lord of the rings, minus the ring...

this is why mass effect 2 will be a rental, just like dragon age: origins... a try it before you buy it... at least the playstation store is getting a demo soon...

That was pretty much it for me - I couldn't give two shits about Shepard (I didn't play Mass Effect 1, either) so the extensive dialog trees killed me. Talk, talk, talk, talk, I, don't, give, a, fuck. The missions were entertaining, but I hated the whole ship as a "central hub" sort of deal, I didn't want to spend more time transversing the ship to have shitty conversations that might or might not get me laid on a videogame. I'm sure there's more to it, but I couldn't give two shits.
bOnEs
if the action even resembles anything fun and entertaining, it might be what i am looking for... but i fear that the RPG elements are going to be overboard, just like they were in dragon's age... i spent 30 minutes setting up battle tactics that my companions hardly ever used right, then another 30 minutes navigating a dialog branch that went nowhere and ended up pissing someone off... i spent most of the battles near the end of the game managing my companions health rather than fighting the enemies...

i fear this is of the same mold... i used to want to play this series but after dragon's age, i am questioning that thought...
PabloHoneyOle
I haven't played Dragon's Age simply because of how much I disliked Mass Effect 2. I guess that kind of RPG just isn't for me.
Heartless
QUOTE (Stoic Person Eater @ Dec 13 2010, 03:52 PM) *
I haven't played Dragon's Age simply because of how much I disliked Mass Effect 2. I guess that kind of RPG just isn't for me.

I wouldn't really call it an RPG. In DA and ME2, it didn't matter what you had to say. It was all the same responses anyways that inevitably drove towards the same conclusion. Granted, Fallout 3 was the same, but the surrounding game made it so much better.
Massacre
QUOTE (Mental Istid @ Dec 13 2010, 01:22 AM) *
I'm guessing this is the build an army chapter? Suikoden style?

Well, since Bioware is probably going to ignore whether or not you let the Rachni live in 1, or enhanced the Geth, kept the cure for the Krogan genophage, and saved the Collector base in 2, I'd imagine you'll pass up calling in the favors you've earned and put together a ragtag group of gritty space dwellers to take out an entire army of Reapers all by your lonesome...

QUOTE (bOnEs @ Dec 13 2010, 11:57 AM) *
if the action even resembles anything fun and entertaining, it might be what i am looking for... but i fear that the RPG elements are going to be overboard, just like they were in dragon's age... i spent 30 minutes setting up battle tactics that my companions hardly ever used right, then another 30 minutes navigating a dialog branch that went nowhere and ended up pissing someone off... i spent most of the battles near the end of the game managing my companions health rather than fighting the enemies...

i fear this is of the same mold... i used to want to play this series but after dragon's age, i am questioning that thought...

Combat in Mass Effect is straight-up third-person shooter, and it's clean, there're no RPG stats and numbers screwing up your shot. Good, solid combat, with boss fights handled with traditional 'weak points' and larger-than-normal health bars. It's good times.
bOnEs
games to rent in 2011:

1) 007: bloodstone
2) assassin's creed: brotherhood
3) mass effect 2
Qdeathstar
I really liked mass effect 2, so i'm looking foward to Mass Effect 3. The only bummer is that i thought i read that Mass Effect is a trilogy and after Mass Effect three thats it.
Massacre
It'll be the end of the series, but I doubt it'll be the end of the franchise. Expect another trilogy, minus Shepard.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.