Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > Other Gaming > Other Games
Marney1

popwatch.ew.com
(Includes Trailer)
bOnEs
YES!!!! i fucking love this series!! i can't wait to watch the trailer online when i get out of work on saturday, as well as read up on ALL the VGA premiers taking place... they tackled jungle ruins in the first one, snowy mountains in the second, and now sandy deserts in the third... this series continues to try and push itself further into innovation... innovation in how it presents these environments... i am literally amazed at what they've accomplished so far in just two games...

this is easily by far the best exclusive series on the PS3... hell, the first two games are considered to be 2 of the best games for the PS3 as well... bring on drake every two years i say...

EDIT: OMG a new screenshot!! this is officially my new background now... also, here's a full blow-out article... including stuff about the plot, the direction, and gasp, high resolution 3D!!! too bad i still won't have a 3DTV by the time this comes out... i don't think i'll ever get one unless they lose the shades...

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/12/09/...in-uncharted-3/

Click to view attachment
Kamahl
this is one of few games i KNOW ill love even though i dont know anything about it yet... the pics look good =)
Marney1
Some more screens.....

.....and an inhaler for bOnEs....
Edgecrusher
Here's a longer trailer:

Marney1
And it's in 3D. ohmy.gif
DuPz0r
Holy shit, i didn't expect uncharted 3 this soon! looking forward to it now, it looks awesome! And Egypt! This is gonna be amazing tbh.
bOnEs
i am thinking more in arabia... the old saudi arabia... lawrence of arabia, prince of persia, indiana jones, etc... i wonder if this game will be more open-world considering that drake will be wandering into a vast desert...

he's also chasing a more recent treasure hunter so, i am expecting to see weapons that fit the indiana jones era, maybe just before that... remember the weapons we starting seeing in uncharted 1 when we reached the underground facilities?? german WWII weapons... i am thinking we're going to see WWI weapons this time around...
Marney1
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Dec 13 2010, 03:41 PM) *
i am thinking more in arabia... the old saudi arabia... lawrence of arabia, prince of persia, indiana jones, etc... i wonder if this game will be more open-world considering that drake will be wandering into a vast desert...

he's also chasing a more recent treasure hunter so, i am expecting to see weapons that fit the indiana jones era, maybe just before that... remember the weapons we starting seeing in uncharted 1 when we reached the underground facilities?? german WWII weapons... i am thinking we're going to see WWI weapons this time around...

Why WW1 weapons?
bOnEs
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T._E._Lawrence

...and only once you reach the iram of the pillars i am assuming... i can't wait to see what kind of crazy sand creature they come up with in this one... it's becoming a staple of the series to introduce us to something not human anymore...
Edgecrusher
Well anything's possible, that's an AK74u in the trailer though.
bOnEs
well, he did take that from the hands of some dead guy who was probably on that plane that drake probably crashed...i am not saying all weapons will be from WWI, i am just saying we'll see some vintage weapons wherever TE lawrence went...

the first uncharted had the MP40, and uncharted 2 had ancient crossbows... i could see bayonets and mounted machine guns with the 3rd entry...
Edgecrusher
Yeah, well my comment was more of an observation than an argument. As I said, anything's possible. Mauser C96 et al would be cool though.
PabloHoneyOle
Being a Microsoft guy, I've never played or even seen the Uncharted in play. Someone told me the games were good enough to buy a PS3 for, but they're also a rich asshole without a wife or mortgage.

If I ever do get a PS3, this will be one of the first games I get. Other than this series, I cannot see a reason to own a PS3.
bOnEs
it really is that good... it's the best action game in forever... good puzzles, shootouts, great characters and story full of twists/turns/deceptions/revenge/deceit/etc... amazing graphics (understatement), and overall, just a blast of fun for a good 8 or so hours... if anyone were to get a PS3, the uncharted series would confirm their purchase within the first 10 minutes...

plus, for anyone that enjoys treasure hunts or learning more about ancient wonders of the world, this is the game to play... from the haunted treasure of "el diablo", to the fountain of youth... and now to the atlantis of the sands and following in the footsteps of the famous, "lawrence of arabia" TE lawrence... fuck lara croft, nathan drake is the new hero of action/adventure games... this game is like tomb raider meets indiana jones and sprinkles a little god of war puzzling on top, with a side of gears of war-style shooting (3rd person/over the shoulder action)...

and dear god don't forget the amazing set-pieces... a moving train, a falling/crumbling city, flooded sections, hanging off the side of a train that's dangling thousands of feet above a snowy drop, and basically coming close to death every 10 seconds... yea, these are games that make you happy to be a video gamer biggrin.gif...
Massacre
Well, would you look at that, Sony's actually capable at getting a release day purchase out of me. Well played, Sony.

QUOTE (Stoic Person Eater @ Dec 13 2010, 03:29 PM) *
they're also a rich asshole without a wife or mortgage.

Only reason I have one. Nothing else to do with my money.
ENVi3
I haven't even played the first one ... I've been meaning to, but I just haven't gone out and spent the money yet.
bOnEs
what is wrong with you, envie?! i thought every PS3 player has played uncharted... the first one is probably around $10 these days... 2nd one is probably around $30 still...
Marney1
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Dec 14 2010, 02:03 AM) *
what is wrong with you, envie?! i thought every PS3 player has played uncharted... the first one is probably around $10 these days... 2nd one is probably around $30 still...

And the gameplay on the 3rd one looks like this....

Massacre
I'm pretty pleased the live gameplay got that kind of gasp out of the audience. Apparently they're not familiar with Nathan Drake's line of work.
DuPz0r
And Jimmy Fallon can't play for shit. They should have put it on crushing mode and watched him fail further.
Marney1
UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception Gameplay Reveal
bOnEs
you ought to start a naughty dog spy website tongue.gif...
Marney1
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Dec 17 2010, 09:20 PM) *
you ought to start a naughty dog spy website tongue.gif...

Nah, but you could. smile.gif
DuPz0r
So this game is going to be set in the Arabian deserts. Anyone have any knowledge of the history around that? I'm interested to know what they're going to base this game on.

I found this pre-Islam statement if anyone is interested:

The Cradle of Human Civilization

The problem of the origin and development of human civilization continues to baffle the student in modern times. Scholars have long thought that Egypt was the cradle of civilization six thousand years ago and that the earlier ages consisted of a proto-history of which no scientific knowledge was possible. Today, however, archeologists have been at work in `Iraq and Syria in the hope of discovering clues regarding the origins of the Mesopotamian and Phoenician civilizations, of establishing whether they are anterior or posterior to Egyptian civilization, and of determining the influence of one upon the other. Whatever the results of archeological research on this period of history, one fact has never been challenged by any archeological find in China or the Far East: that is the fact that the cradle of the earliest human civilization, whether in Egypt, Phoenicia, or Mesopotamia, was connected with the Mediterranean Sea. It is equally indubitable that Egypt was the first to export its civilization to Greece and Rome, and that modern civilization is very closely related to that antiquity. Whatever archeological study of the Far East may reveal concerning the civilizations of that region, it can hardly establish that any determining relationship existed between those civilizations and Egypt, Mesopotamia, and Greece. It is no more questioned whether these ancient civilizations of the Near East were influenced by the civilization of Islam. Indeed, the latter was the only civilization which has altered its course as soon as it came into contact with them. The world civilization of the present which is dominating the four corners of the globe is a result of the influences of the civilizations of the ancient Near East and that of Islam upon one another.

It makes you wanna dig deeper into history right?
bOnEs
ever heard of the movie, "lawrence of arabia"? he is following in the footsteps of a famous explorer named TE lawrence who supposedly had a lot to do with reshaping the political landscape of the middle east in the 20's and 30's... drake is on the trail to find the pillars of iram, which is suppose to be a city dubbed, "the atlantis of the sands"... i expect all of the desert stuff to be taking place in saudi arabia, which is where the original country of "arabia" was...

we are all assuming that lawrence found the lost city and drake is determined to uncover his past and the secrets of the land... the reasons why are still a mystery, and what he's exactly trying to find is still a mystery... iram of the pillars means "city of a thousand pillars" which to me just means a city...but it is a "lost" city so, enter drake... who has discovered a few lost cities already biggrin.gif...
DuPz0r
Sounds sweet. I haven't seen the film btw. i may have to acquire it now.
Marney1
And LoA got butt-fucked in the desert, really.
bOnEs
i've never seen the movie either... i heard it was considered to be in the top 5 for american movies ever... maybe i need to see it too... at least i've got a year's head start...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0056172/

read up on this stuff, especially the user reviews... he's got a lot of drake in him biggrin.gif... personality-wise, he sounds like drake but, he can't do the shit that drake pulls off every 10 seconds laugh.gif...
DuPz0r
Dunno if these have been posted yet. Two proper gameplay videos of the château level.
http://www.joystiq.com/2010/12/28/uncharte...meplay-footage/
couldn't find them on youtube...
TheAnalogKid2112
Yay
Marney1
Fire, Fistfights and £20 Bills: Brand New Uncharted 3 Interview (From Feb.7th)

DuPz0r
New antagonist reveal, Katherine Marlowe.
bOnEs
nice... it's kind of strange to see sully clean shaven and dressed up laugh.gif... yea apparently that ring of drake's is somehow an important piece of the story... or maybe it is important with this new villain... either way, it's nice to see uncharted continue to do the unconventional approach... i mean come on, how many of you actually thought the villain would be a 60 year old bitch?! naughty dog is always pulling out surprises and twists... more so than m. night shamalamadingdong...
Massacre
A female antagonist? If a female antagonizes you, you're supposed to beat her and send her to the kitchen. But, realism a great game does not make, I suppose...
bOnEs
maybe she bakes you some cookies if you give her sir francis drake's ring...
TheAnalogKid2112
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Mar 10 2011, 11:32 AM) *
maybe she bakes you some cookies if you give her sir francis drake's ring...

Those had better be some damned good cookies..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.