Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PS3: NAT Type 2 to NAT Type 1
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > General > Geek Central
Marney1
I'm always having connection issues while trying to play online, (RDR & GTA IV) I can try for hours to find a free roam session with other players but most of the time lose connection after a short while. My PS3 is set to NAT Type 2 but I think I need to change to NAT Type 1 but I'm finding it confusing as hell to do.

Can anyone help, in a 'computers for dummies' kind of way?
Kamahl
NAT 2 is fine... if you are having problems its probably due to something else, you only have to worry if you are getting NAT 3.

Im not sure about this but i think that the only difference between NAT 1 and 2 is that 2 means that the PS3 is connected to a router.
Marney1
QUOTE (Kamahl @ Nov 30 2010, 06:29 AM) *
NAT 2 is fine... if you are having problems its probably due to something else, you only have to worry if you are getting NAT 3.

Im not sure about this but i think that the only difference between NAT 1 and 2 is that 2 means that the PS3 is connected to a router.

I've been looking into it and I think you're right. I'll call AOL later and see what my PPoE settings should be etc. It may also be an issue with firewall settings on my router......or something.
DuPz0r
Make sure upnp is enabled in the router advanced settings. It should be by default, but this will block your ps3 from getting into games. I was told to check it a while back when i had problems with my internet. Also, certain games require different ports to be open on the routers settings also.
demon
I know the purpose with NAT, but I don't know about different types. Can we say that NAT 1 is one "channel" and NAT 2 a different "channel"?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.