Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Call of Duty: Black Ops
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > Other Gaming > Other Games
Jáger
Dunno whether I'm blind or not but I haven't seen much Black Ops talk on here.

So who's got it, getting it, playing it, hating it?
Marney1
You'll find interest in some non Rockstar Games here but I'd imagine most people wanting to talk about Black Ops would find themselves a dedicated forum.
Massacre
Do you have it, Jaeger? Does it have a six-hour single player campaign, or is it a real game this time?

Crossbows and that song from the commercial make me want this game a little.
Amnesiac
The single player campaign is probably the best I've played in a minute, plotwise. multiplayer isn't bad, either.
Massacre
How long is it?
bOnEs
about 4 to 5 minutes... i still haven't rented modern warfare 2 yet but, i do want to play the single player campaign at some point... these games are definite rentals, unless you want to spend countless hours doing the same thing over and over and over and over in multiplayer so you can OMG unlock a mod for a weapon!! cool!!

i will never understand the appeal of deathmatch mode i guess... it's too boring...
PabloHoneyOle
My brother-in-law plays this religiously at nights with a few of his military buddies - so he wants me to get in on the action to the point he is buying me a copy of the game for Christmas.

I'll give it a go. These games are mildly entertaining, but just not my preferred game of choice. I'd prefer Halo MP to CoD MP anyday.
ENVi3
I thought about making a topic about it, but I knew it wouldn't get too many replies here.
I think it's a pretty good game. I thought the Singe Player was OK, it has some good moments but then again sometimes it just boils down to "get through this level and kill everyone that opposes", but the game was fairly short so you don't get tired of it too much. Multiplayer is where this game is supposed to shine, and I like it for the most part, I think it's more balanced and fair than Modern Warfare 2, but there's still some things you can complain about (as there usually is). Zombies is really fun too, especially since you can do 4 player co-op over the PSN, even with random people you can still get into some pretty good matches. And I would like to add that I did get the Hardened Edition, which comes with the 4 zombie maps from World at War.
Overall, I think this was money well spent. If you can have a good time with online multiplayer and zombies then you'll find this game can keep you entertained for a while, but I wouldn't get this game for the Single Player alone.

QUOTE (Massacre @ Nov 18 2010, 01:24 PM) *
How long is it?

I didn't keep of the time when I played through it, but a few places online say it's about 6-7 hours, which sounds about right.
Edgecrusher
I bought this to shut my brother in law up from whining constantly about wanting to 1v1 me on it. It is the first CoD that I have owned myself, I hated MW2 and expected this to be the same, but I was pleasantly surprised. The campaign is short, as stated, but the storyline was good, very cinematic. The multiplayer is definately the best part, though could have done with dedicated servers as it can be a bit laggy. There are lots of match types, weapons and killstreak rewards to unlock, but if you're looking for a game that will keep you occupied for months on end, this probably isn't it.
Massacre
Yeah, I figured this would be a rental.
Massacre
Got to play a little of this today. Not even slightly worthy of the hype and praise, and definitely not worthy of the sales records.
Mattay
Honestly I rarely buy video games... but since the first Modern Warfare I've purchased each console CoD that's been released. The first MW was good, World at War sucked, MW2 was good and Black Ops ain't anything special.

The campaign was uninteresting and I completed it solely for the sake of finishing it. Then I got online and that was better, but I still think MW2 was better than this. I think it's retarded you buy weapon attachments rather than earn them. I do like how dynamic the multiplayer is though. Who's got this shit on PS3?
Marney1
Haven't played this and probably never will. These games are too unrealistic; fast paced and too close. Anyway I thought this might impress some of you here....

Black Ops Player Records 70 Kill, 2 Death Demolition Match
DuPz0r
I'm actually enjoying the campaign. I play it for a but here and there, but have shit loads of coursework atm. I started on vet first time and found myself stuck for a while in narm, trying to push the veit's back. But i finally conquered it yesterday and then the rest of the levels have been really easy after that.

The online play seems to have evolved pretty well since MW2. I like the fact you can buy attachments and stuff. It makes you feel a little more unique early on in the game instead of feeling like a sheep stuck in a categorized rank like MW 1 and 2 felt like.

I like the zombie feature. That was the only thing i liked about WaW to be honest. I found the first Zombie level got quite boring after a few plays, but i love the "Five" (Pentagon) level. That was a classic and i still love it after playing the hell out of it.
Massacre
I enjoyed the zombie mode a little, myself. I wish I'd had three other people, so I could play as Castro...
ENVi3
QUOTE (Massacre @ Nov 26 2010, 02:16 PM) *
I enjoyed the zombie mode a little, myself. I wish I'd had three other people, so I could play as Castro...

You don't get to pick who you play as, but the one liners for all characters are all pretty funny.
Massacre
I think I liked the Dead Ops arcade game more than anything else.
DuPz0r
I was playing that last night with three friends in my living room. We/i had a right laugh. I kept stealing all the pickups and tanks and choppers. I kept ending up with 200 more kills then the nearest other players score.
PabloHoneyOle
Massacre
^ Better than the entire CoD franchise.
DuPz0r
Like it!
0bs3n3
I have this game, but I don't really enjoy this as much as CoD 4 or MW2. There is just something about Treyarch's multiplayer that makes it so uninspiring. The single player was a surprise though, in a good way.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.