Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sharks gang cars attacking me every 10 seconds.
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA4.TV/GTA-SanAndreas.com Archive > Old Forum Archive (Read Only) > GTA Old Gen > GTA Portable
SlickCriminal92
So, I unlocked the 2nd island in Vice City, I took over 3 businesses and made them all high - roller smuggling. I did the missions and now I earn 21,000 a day. The BIG problem is that now, due to gang hate, I have an enemy shark gang cars drive- bying me ALL THE TIME. ARGH!! It's so fucking annoying!! One of my businesses came under attack, I had an ak, SMG, equalizer and grenades, I killed the first mob of enemy gang members without ease, but then 3 gang cars appared, I tried taking them all out, I was low on health and I hid behind my building. I tried lobing a nade but I got killed instantly from stray AK gun fire. And the constant drive by's are unbearable. DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY TIPS FOR RIDDING ME OF THE PROBLEM? IT SUCKS.

PS: The game rules, it is defineatly the hardest GTA game, harder than GTA3 without a doubt, and I have the PS2 version.
mrMISDEMEANOR
As much as I don't agree with your statement about it being the hardest game...Those attacks do get annoying..I had them from bikers..it should pass though
SlickCriminal92
It should pass? What do you mean? Are you saying that they will eventually stop attacking me? I am trying to lead a perfect game here, where I don't get busted/wasted once. And I failed again. Well fuck it, I tired of starting over, all I want to know is how to stop them from attacking me permanently.
Himsa
Save and turn off the system.

When you turn it back on, they should've stopped until you attack another business.
SlickCriminal92
QUOTE(Himsa @ Mar 22 2007, 10:04 PM) [snapback]1312774[/snapback]
Save and turn off the system.

When you turn it back on, they should've stopped until you attack another business.

Thanks, i'll try that later on. thumbup.gif
Heartless
I wish they could have included a meter of gang members left - so that I know if I killed them all or not. Like the Cholos.
SlickCriminal92
Man, the cholos are nothing compared to the Sharks. Sharks > Bikers > Cholos. Those Sharks are ruthless, I didn't expect them to be so powerful because in the old vice City they were nothing but street hoodlums. They went from an organized criminal syndicate to nothing. Matter of fact, all gangs in the old VC were nothing. If the sharks couldn't do drive - by's then I wouldn't have a problem, and the sad part is i can't buy the minigun or rocket laucnher yet. Maybe I shoulda taken over all of the cholos gang nests instead of messing with the Sharks. But smuggling was too easy. And also I have the money glitch. You're businesses give you money every 16:00 hours (4:00 PM) Just keep saving the game and eventually you will have $$ to burn. Nonetheless I will take Hisma's advice.
killjoy.rujoy?
Yeah,it's in this topic too.
http://www.gta4.tv/forums/index.php?showtopic=79565

If they aren't attacking you at the immediate moment,just saving will stop the attaks;until you start an Empire Building attack.
If they are attacking when you do the save,you only need to re-load the save(not shut down) to stop the attacks...
or they'll be waiting! mad.gif
Handsome B Wonderful
Yeah, the reloading seems to work. Bastard sharks.

btw, does anyone know how many times an attack can be carried out on your business before you lose control of it? I got sick of trying to defend and repair my businesses, and i lost control of one in downtown. I stopped paying attention to the amount of times it was attacked. I only had one more business to take over, too.
gtamissionsdotcom
take over ALL businesses and you'll stop being attacked all together
§ynch
QUOTE(gtamissionsdotcom @ Mar 23 2007, 09:37 AM) [snapback]1312908[/snapback]
You have to, the way I see it.
Otherwise you can't do anything but defend all the time.

culturaldissection
QUOTE(gtamissionsdotcom @ Mar 23 2007, 06:37 PM) [snapback]1312908[/snapback]

I have a problem in that area I have taken over all buildings but one, the biker building below shady palms, every time I go there there's no vehicle in front

QUOTE(culturaldissection @ Apr 9 2007, 12:51 PM) [snapback]1319884[/snapback]

I have a problem in that area I have taken over all buildings but one, the biker building below shady palms, every time I go there there's no vehicle in front

Oh yeah, I forgot to say, I'm playing the PS2 version
-spyder-

You still get attacked by other rivals even if own all of them,

I suggest you take over a business, then save and switch off your psp then you wont get attacked until you attack another rival
Korben
QUOTE(culturaldissection @ Apr 9 2007, 01:04 PM) [snapback]1319884[/snapback]

That one is annoying, but its storyline related so you will have to wait for that one. It annoyed the hell out of me on the PSP version, and I am now in the same situation on the PS2 version. From what I can tell though, the bikers leave you alone, and don't attack you.

On the topic though I agree about the Sharks. They are a nightmare. I have just taken over all the sharks business's now and saved then switched off. I have not gone back to it yet, but when I switch my PS2 on tonight, I am hoping they will have stopped attacking me.
satchboogie
Um, I own ALL the business and all but one are in perfect condition and are High-roller. I'm making over 70K a day. BUT the attacks don't stop. I litterly have gangs attacking 2 of my businesses at any moment. And I can't drive 10 feet without the Sharks or Bikers driving by me and blowing my tires out. Almost everytime I travel any distance, they blow out my tires, and when I go to jack another car, 2 more gang cars come and ambush me with AKs. I even got my chopper blown out of the sky by them! How do you radicate them?
§ynch
QUOTE(satchboogie @ Apr 11 2007, 06:48 PM) [snapback]1321558[/snapback]
Um, I own ALL the business and all but one are in perfect condition and are High-roller. I'm making over 70K a day. BUT the attacks don't stop. I litterly have gangs attacking 2 of my businesses at any moment. And I can't drive 10 feet without the Sharks or Bikers driving by me and blowing my tires out. Almost everytime I travel any distance, they blow out my tires, and when I go to jack another car, 2 more gang cars come and ambush me with AKs. I even got my chopper blown out of the sky by them! How do you radicate them?
Make this your priority. Repair all completely.

Go around repairing, and save.
As they continue attacks, note which ones, on the in-game map report. You can see
what state the building is in by the size of the blue icons for the businesses.

Later worry about making them all a certain business or high roller,
you'll get the reward outfits and over 90K per day income.

The key is keeping all 30/30 repaired, and saving.
During my last 45% of the game, I never even saw another Shark.

I did all of the 6 business missions strands as early as possible.
So they never bothered me after getting the 30/30, good status, and empire missions completed.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.