Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: RDR newbie needs tips on mastering the controls
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > Red Dead Series > Red Dead Redemption
Gunslinger Duane
basically, i suck at the controls. does anyone have any tips on mastering them?...or do i just need to keep playing until i get the hang of it.
Massacre
You'll get the hang of it. Ride around the MacFarlane's Ranch area or just somewhere safe where there are plenty of random encounters along the road and there aren't wolves and cougars roaming around.
Gunslinger Duane
QUOTE (Massacre @ Oct 5 2010, 07:32 PM) *
You'll get the hang of it. Ride around the MacFarlane's Ranch area or just somewhere safe where there are plenty of random encounters along the road and there aren't wolves and cougars roaming around.

thanks for the tip!
bOnEs
save your game and go on some freeroam shenanigans... just keep heading off in different directions, trying stuff out... when you die, just re-load and head a different direction... basically, just stick with it and you'll get the hang of it... if you've played GTA IV then, you should be pretty familiar with the controls... the horses will take some time getting used to but, just keep at it... it doesn't take long to get used to the auto-aim, the horse controls (R1 for brake!!!) and the map...

i've watched friends learn how to play this by just freeroaming and heading off into a direction... when it's their turn again, they seem to picked up what they did last time, and apply that to their next shot... you can learn a lot by saving first and just freeroaming for a bit, reloading when you die...
TreeFitty
If you've played GTA IV, it's similar. Everyone here had to get used to the controls. I went a good way into the story before I got decent at the controls.

Welcome to iRD!
Gunslinger Duane
thanks again for the tips. i'm sure i'll find them to be very helpful
Marney1
I always set the game controls to 'Classic' and up the (aim?) sensitivity. Also, spend some time shooting at birds while on horseback and mess around with your 'Dead Eye'.
skyfam
RDR has way better physic engine than GTA4,when you get used to it(especialy dead eyes)you will forget gta
TreeFitty
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Oct 5 2010, 09:02 PM) *
I always set the game controls to 'Classic' and up the (aim?) sensitivity. Also, spend some time shooting at birds while on horseback and mess around with your 'Dead Eye'.

I didn't increase the sensitivity (yes it's your aim and turning) until I started playing Expert multiplayer modes. I think it's still kind of slow compared to FPS games.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.