Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Things Rockstar should do...
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > Other Gaming > Rockstar Games
Massacre
I want R* to try their hand at a Fallout-esque post-apocalyptic game, basically GTA gameplay in a Fallout setting. Discuss extensively.
TreeFitty
Colonial GTA mellow.gif
Marney1
I wholeheartedly agree with you Massacre but I've been thinking along a slightly different line these last few days.

A World War 1 (WW1) game. I don't know of any games based around WW1 and it's set in an era R* haven't yet covered. I know this won't appeal to any of you but it wouldn't have to be based on trench warfare, there was lots of spying going on at the time so maybe that could be the players role. Still not interested? How many of you had such limited understanding of the wild west and frankly didn't care or hated western movies but now love them as a direct result of Red Dead Redemption? How many game critics thought this big budget western would be a huge flop?
Whether you're interested in WW1 or not you won't be able to get away from it in 2014 when the 100th anniversary programs and documentaries take over the TV. What I'm saying is - Rockstar like a challenge and are the ony ones who could pull a WW1 game off.
Jáger
There own take of a zombie-survival game. The 'Undead Nightmare' DLC for RDR looks epic and is a fine example of what they're capable of. Turn that into a full-game and Rockstar would wipe the floor with Valve.
Massacre
R* is the best. Period. They can get into any genre and dominate.

This seems to me like they're getting back into the groove of the zombie game they were thinking about a while back. This is something that could actually happen.
Heartless
I'd like a Boston based game about Skinhead life and culture. Completely, insanely racist and honest about what it means to be a Skinhead.
Massacre
It would have to be an informative, documentary-type version of a video game to not get banned, but it could actually happen. Not sure if R* needs the controversy, though.
Marney1
QUOTE (Massacre @ Sep 30 2010, 06:53 PM) *
R* is the best. Period. They can get into any genre and dominate.

This seems to me like they're getting back into the groove of the zombie game they were thinking about a while back. This is something that could actually happen.

I reckon R* are testing the water by putting zombies in RDR. They'll sit back for a while and listen to gamers demands that they make a 'proper zombie game' and if demands are big enough they'll return to the idea they originally had before AGENT took its place.
Heartless
QUOTE (Massacre @ Sep 30 2010, 02:03 PM) *
It would have to be an informative, documentary-type version of a video game to not get banned, but it could actually happen. Not sure if R* needs the controversy, though.

Something similar to Sopranos and the Godfather, but of course more American History X and Romper Stompers.
bOnEs
i'd like to see R* tackle the age of piracy... the late 1600's-early 1700's... an open world pirate game... not really sure how to expand upon it but, i know we are on the verge of an increase in pirate games (it feels like it, and i hope my feeling is true) and i'd love to see my favorite publisher at the forefront of yet another untapped genre...
Jáger
You're on to something. Just imagine being able to jump from one ship to another. For the bigger ones, you could have a duel and if you win, you get to choose whether to keep the Captain alive or boot him overboard. Of course they'd add their unique sense of humour to the game. It'd be like PotC but for a more mature audience. With less Keira Knightley. Meh, you win some, you lose some.
Qdeathstar
I'd like to see Rockstar do something like Alan Wake or Dead Space.
Massacre
Ditto, with a smidgen of Silent Hill in it.
§ynch
QUOTE (Massacre @ Sep 28 2010, 05:55 PM) *
I want R* to try their hand at a Fallout-esque post-apocalyptic game, basically GTA gameplay in a Fallout setting. Discuss extensively.

Absolutely agree.

QUOTE (NukaLurk @ Sep 30 2010, 11:41 AM) *
Something similar to Sopranos and the Godfather, but of course more American History X and Romper Stompers.

I always like the skinheads in Manhunt, thought they were the best defined bad guys.

QUOTE (Massacre @ Oct 9 2010, 05:17 PM) *
Ditto, with a smidgen of Silent Hill in it.

The Japanese are such masters of horror, would be interesting to see what R* could do there....

Massacre
R* needs to acquire a Japanese game studio.
§ynch
QUOTE (Massacre @ Oct 10 2010, 08:58 AM) *
R* needs to acquire a Japanese game studio.

That is a good, positive idea.
They could make it work, IMHO.

Imagine not only the Silent Hill horror genre...
Imagine the amazing GTA:Tokyo

That would rule.
More than the Tokyo Drift King rules.
alooper21
dead thread?

i want to see them doing some science-fiction stuff! epic, large scale, deep story! i picture mass effect here, and the only flaw of the game, when compared with whatever rockstar is doing, is that it looks too polished and politically corect and fairplay. i'd totally dig a gta game set in the future, like in 500 years from now, but not a postapocaliptical world, but an advanced society. totally not rockstar style, but still tongue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.