Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where can I find the Legendary Jackalope?
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > Red Dead Series > Red Dead Redemption
Marney1
I'm having trouble finding the 'Legenadary Jackalope' - I need to murder it as part of my quest to unlock the Expert Hunter outfit.

Anyone......anyone?
TreeFitty
Look around Pleasance House in Cholla Springs.

I assume you are using the not-finished release version of the Merchant/Hunter Pack?
bOnEs
?!?! the outfits are available?!?! i know what i am doing tonight then...
TreeFitty
It was accidentally released in the UK a little bit ago. Was taken down.
bOnEs
i see... so, they're probably still a couple weeks away from release then...
TreeFitty
Just to clear this one up – an incomplete and unfinished version of the Hunting and Trading Outfits Pack was uploaded in error on PlayStation Network in Europe temporarily last week. This was not the final version, is missing some features, and has not been fully tested – which is why some PS3 users in Europe who saw and downloaded it experienced some technical issues trying to use it. For this reason, we recommend that if you’ve downloaded it, you delete it. The real deal Hunting and Trading Outfits Pack will be made available within the next couple of weeks worldwide – and we’ll tell you all about it right here then.

http://www.ireddead.com/news/rockstar/168/...r-dlc-and-more/
Marney1
Oh bollocks! I only noticed it on PSN last night and thought it must have been the 'fixed' version. There goes 8 hours of my life.

So we're waiting on some official news then?
TreeFitty
yep. If they wait too much longer the n00bs will explode.
Marney1
I don't know how to delete it from my game, it's not actually listed as one of my DLC's but the Expert Hunter outfit (and Savvy Merchant outfit) is listed in my outfits journal together with the tasks for unlocking.

Some people have actually unlocked the outfit without any problems and I haven't experienced a problem so far. I dunno what to do.
Massacre
So the outfits were released accidentally, and they were glitched, and now they're gone, and my eyes are bleeding because I forgot how to cry.
Marney1
I just unlocked the Expert Hunter outfit and everything is fine. *Dances*
TreeFitty
Now write up a guide and submit it. tongue.gif
Marney1
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Sep 23 2010, 01:57 AM) *

I would if I had a laptop. I've been using my PS3 to type with which is a fucker to do. sad.gif
TreeFitty
Get a USB keyboard. Does wonders for chatting or trolling PS Home.
Marney1
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Sep 23 2010, 02:07 AM) *
Get a USB keyboard. Does wonders for chatting or trolling PS Home.

Will the onscreen keyboard still be showing on-screen if I use a USB keyboard?

Expert Hunter outfit:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mujG95mz4zQ

(Shouldn't have smashed my laptop up, can't post vid's etc with the PS3.)
TreeFitty
I'm not sure but I think not. No point showing it if you don't need it.
Marney1
I'm getting $36 (top price) for Beaver Fur which you normally only get as an Honor Bonus (http://www.ireddead.com/hunting/) so I'm not experiencing any glitches so far. I'm thinking R* just told people it was untested so they'd delete it to save people whinging who didn't get it. Maybe they just released it early in Europe by mistake and thought - "Oh shit!"

If anyone does find a problem with it or knows how to delete it then let me know. Seems fine atm though.
bOnEs
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Sep 22 2010, 09:57 PM) *

i was going to add the outfit stipulations to my outfit guide when they released them...
Marney1
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Sep 23 2010, 01:59 PM) *
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Sep 22 2010, 09:57 PM) *

i was going to add the outfit stipulations to my outfit guide when they released them...

The only tasks I had to complete to unlock it were -

Complete 'Deadalus & Son'
Find & Kill The Legendary Jackalope

The others I'd already done were -

Collect 500lbs (or something) of meat.........erm, I forget the other task.
TreeFitty
As long as someone does it. Don't care who. Figured somebody had the outfits already.

While I'm here, we still lack online guides and guides for the DLC. Anyone with DLC please submit. k thnx bi
Massacre
Do you automatically complete objectives you did before you got the DLC?
bOnEs
sounds like it, which is a good thing for those who already finished the story... but, they should ask you to collect all that meat again...
Marney1
@Massacre & bOnEs -

The only thing you'll have left to do will be to hunt down the jackalope seeing as you have 100%. I think the amount of meat you need to collect is 5,000lbs (I said 500lbs earlier by mistake) which you'll no doubt have got by now.

bOnEs
what about the merchant outfit?? what's some of the stipulations for that outfit??
Marney1
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Sep 23 2010, 08:46 PM) *
what about the merchant outfit?? what's some of the stipulations for that outfit??

Savvy Merchant Outfit

Scrap1: Win $1000 Total from Gambling
Scrap2: Buy or Sell Items at every Gunsmith
Scrap3: Gather $200 worth of Herbs
Scrap4: Execute 20 people
Scrap5: Complete "The Prohibitionist" Stranger's task

As for the Expert Hunter outfit - Because I've unlocked it the list no longer shows sorry.

Wait, you're in luck someone posted it on GameSpot:
http://uk.gamespot.com/ps3/action/reddeadr...&pid=957923

Expert Hunter Outfit

1: Harvest 5000lbs of Meat
2: Kill a Couger with a stick of dynamite
3: Kill and skin 8 snakes
4: Kill the Legendary Jackalope
5: Complete 'Daedalus and Son' strangers task

1. Enter the XMB (cross media bar) menu
2. Scroll to the 'Game' tab
3. Select 'Game Data Utility'
4. Select 'Red Dead Redemption'
5. Press triangle and select delete - This will delete your installed game data and all of your DLC including the pack. Don't panic, all free and paid DLC can be reinstalled. This also does not delete your game saves.

To reinstall your DLC:
6. Enter the 'Playstation Network' tab
7. Select 'Account Management'
8. Select 'Transaction Management'
9. Scroll all the way down to 'Download List'
10. Select the DLC and it will redownload it
11. Back out and enter the Game tab
12. Select the downloaded DLC to install it "
Massacre
Well, I can honestly say I've killed pretty much everything in the game with dynamite. I never thought there'd be a reason for it.

As for the merchant, I guess I'll need to get playing Liar's Dice and Blackjack, because my track record for gambling isn't very good.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.