Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What DON'T you want for GTA 5?
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > GTA V > GTA 5
Marney1
We all seem to have ideas for what we 'DO' want for the next GTA but what would you like to see left out?

For me, I'm tired of the total domination of the skies by limitless rockets raining down from helicopters (MP TBoGT) - I'd like to see limitless rockets left out. Maybe if you had to resupply it'd give a more even playing field for everyone.
Massacre
I've said this a thousand times, I don't want a main character who's a "murderer with a heart of gold." I want a remorseless thug who is a criminal because he wants to be one, not because "society forced him to."
TreeFitty
Fuel tanks in cars. Fuck that.
Jacko
No achievements and trophies. I fucking hate them.
TreeFitty
^lol

I absolutely do not want the same online ranking/level "i'm higher than you so i get to kill you faster" crap RDR has. Quite annoying. I like IV where everyone gets the same guns and does the same amount of damage. It's all about skill, not how many hours you grinded through hideouts to get a stupid zebra.
Heartless
QUOTE (Massacre @ Sep 17 2010, 06:07 PM) *
I've said this a thousand times, I don't want a main character who's a "murderer with a heart of gold." I want a remorseless thug who is a criminal because he wants to be one, not because "society forced him to."

One of the reasons that Tommy was such a popular character.
cuda is your boi
i don't want any more shit pc ports.

christ, just tried out 4 on the PC and they really fucked up, driving with a mouse is GRAETTT.
TwoFacedTanner
QUOTE (Massacre @ Sep 17 2010, 05:07 PM) *

I disagree.

I don't mind the whole "society forced him to" kind of character. I mean, look at CJ, he was a product of his environment. He has a funny side, a somewhat caring side, yet he was still an ice cold killah who would kill a mo'fuckah in a heartbeat if nigga gonna touch my chicken like that!

I mean, Tommy killed because he had to, he didn't just WANT to go kill. Someone got in his way, he killed them. He was badass.

Johnny Klebitz. He was my favorite of the GTAIV trilogy. Why? Because he was the only one I could actually see going around fucking up peoples day. He was the only one I could actually see in a police chase shooting back at them. He was the only one who was a believable, bonafide badass who didn't give-a-fuck.

EDIT:

I just realized I had no point to that, what I was saying is that the character you described sounds like something from Manhunt. I don't mind guys like Tommy, Johnny, and Carl who kill because they have to and don't cry about it later. I mean, I liked Niko's character how he was a kwahog, but it didn't seem right that he felt bad about killing people like [Insert] McReary or Dwayne, yet had no problem it seemed killing pedestrians.
asthenia
Asian gangs.

Interest flops when I hear about the Yakuza for the 6 billionth time.
trathen93
Jews.
-
-
-
-
-
oh and maybe motorbikes that have shitty handling, the only thing that really made iv annoying as fuck was the motorbikes. goes round corner, hits oncoming car/pavement and then wall.
bOnEs
1) i don't want my phone ringing off the hook with friends wanting to hang out every 5 minutes... if you have 5 friends, they don't all need to call once a day... it should be a rare thing, like if they haven't heard from you in like a in-game week... the DLC episodes friends never called, which to me was a little strange... they still need to call, just not as often as they did in IV...

2) i don't want the cops to recognize me as soon as i turn the corner... i want them to have a sort of radar that registers at like 70% efficiency... if i drive past a cop in a car fleeing a scene where i murdered someone, i don't want the cops to instantly recognize me just because you drove past them... there should be variables like how fast you are driving, if traffic is kind of hiding me, if there's a traffic distraction in front of the cop, etc...

they did do this system right though in the fact that if i flee the scene in a car not recognized by the police, i can get away at a distance... but as soon as i get close, they spot me... cops don't regularly look at drivers of other vehicles when looking for suspects... they usually look for them on foot, or the vehicle you were last spotted in...

3) i don't want to amass a huge amount of money with nothing to spend it on... give us some businesses to purchase, make the main character a bit of a real estate entrepreneur who wants to make his money work for him... the lost and damned gave johnny a small amount of money, which worked to an extent but, again, there was nothing to spend it on except for more weapons...
TwoFacedTanner
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Sep 22 2010, 11:32 AM) *
1) i don't want my phone ringing off the hook with friends wanting to hang out every 5 minutes... if you have 5 friends, they don't all need to call once a day... it should be a rare thing, like if they haven't heard from you in like a in-game week... the DLC episodes friends never called, which to me was a little strange... they still need to call, just not as often as they did in IV...

2) i don't want the cops to recognize me as soon as i turn the corner... i want them to have a sort of radar that registers at like 70% efficiency... if i drive past a cop in a car fleeing a scene where i murdered someone, i don't want the cops to instantly recognize me just because you drove past them... there should be variables like how fast you are driving, if traffic is kind of hiding me, if there's a traffic distraction in front of the cop, etc...

they did do this system right though in the fact that if i flee the scene in a car not recognized by the police, i can get away at a distance... but as soon as i get close, they spot me... cops don't regularly look at drivers of other vehicles when looking for suspects... they usually look for them on foot, or the vehicle you were last spotted in...

3) i don't want to amass a huge amount of money with nothing to spend it on... give us some businesses to purchase, make the main character a bit of a real estate entrepreneur who wants to make his money work for him... the lost and damned gave johnny a small amount of money, which worked to an extent but, again, there was nothing to spend it on except for more weapons...

I love you.
bOnEs
yea, i get that a lot...

4) i don't want to drive in and out of the spray paint shop over and over just to get a color i want... if your not going to allow car customization in the next GTA that's fine... but at least allow us to choose the color of the car... maybe keep it mapped to a button because, some people really do use the garage to flee the cops so, maybe let the garage work normally like it does in GTAIV... but if your interested in customizing the color/ride, give us the option of holding down a button to enter the garage...

or give us a special garage we can take out car to so we can choose the color/customizing options there... give us one on each island so we don't have to drive across two islands just to change the paint job...
asthenia
Damn TFT beat me to it.
JohnByng
I hate being chased by cop copters in the city and not being able to shoot them, they hover right overhead where you cant aim your RPG but they can shoot you.

I like the mouse driving, it's weird at first but you get used to it and it can help you when turning corners at speed etc.

I like all the main characters so far, CJ is my favourite but Nikko is great too. I don't want a cold hearted killer - where's the interest in that? Psycho's are boring, they don't have much converstion except "Do you want to see what your heart looks like?".

They could leave out the ambulances. Now that you don't get to do ambulance missions (I liked them!) they just get in the way because they drive like CJ did on his way to SF in the hippy van.

I tjhink it might be difficult but I would like to be able to swim underwater like in SA, maybe they could have weapon stashes wrapped in plastic to find and hidden entrances to buildings (they should have had a way of getting into the dam building via a outflow pipe or something in SA).

Edgecrusher
I don't want my car to plow through people and lamposts only to be stopped dead by a sapling tree... GTA IV was a vast improvement in terms of physics, but I think it could be tweaked a lot more.
Marney1
QUOTE (JonnyCanonFodder @ Nov 23 2010, 01:30 PM) *
I don't want my car to plow through people and lamposts only to be stopped dead by a sapling tree... GTA IV was a vast improvement in terms of physics, but I think it could be tweaked a lot more.

Small trees and bushes stopping cars dead in their tracks is realistic.

I think they should get rid of the fat security guards in multiplayer. Sometimes I'll be sitting off near the airport and can't figure out who the hell is shooting me. I'm looking through my scope but can't see any other player for miles, let alone within range, then I look down and that fat fucking security guard is slotting me.
Tranque
I do not want to accrue money like a Saudi Sheik and only spend it on useless shit.

I do not want a lackof fashion, and I do not want a lack of glamour.

I don't want a hollow storyline [so far they have been excellent] and I don't want a lack of character motivation.

Kay. Also I don't want the spraypainters to control what color I want to paint my damn limo.
alooper21
hell, most people get to say what they want, which is not what this topic is about. what i don't want in the next gta is events that somehow force me to participate in, in order to not loose something. and that's the larger view of it. because when i focuse on it, it comes down to "friends" thing. i mean is ok to have friends to go out with, but they should be triggered by calling them, not randomly, when they call you. so if i want to play a speciffic minigame, this should have the freedom to do that whenever i want, not whenever the game thinks so!
so yeah, it is all about not being forcibly dragged by the game into minigames!
DuPz0r
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Sep 18 2010, 09:10 AM) *
^lol

I absolutely do not want the same online ranking/level "i'm higher than you so i get to kill you faster" crap RDR has. Quite annoying. I like IV where everyone gets the same guns and does the same amount of damage. It's all about skill, not how many hours you grinded through hideouts to get a stupid zebra.

Yeah 2nd that.

i'd like to not see unstable online games with stupid crashed, and i'd also like to not see less side missions like GTAIV... I'd also like them to retract the silly friendship feature and having to keep baby sitting them to earn perks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.