Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PS3 Themes
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > General > Media & Graphics
DuPz0r
Ok, so i've never really been satisfied by the GTA themes made by other users out there. They just never had that look i wanted. So i took it into my own hands and made one myself.

I used the GTA IV icons from the trophies, and i also used the weapon icons from in-game. The wallpapers i decided to use had to be awesome, so i went with patrickbrown's awesome GTAIV master-pieces.

I am working on getting audio files in there too, so it feels even more like a premium GTA Theme.

Anyway here is a picture of it, and i'll add the PS3 Theme to the download section if anyone is interesting in downloading it smile.gif.

Error: The file could not be verified as a valid ZIP or RAR file. Go back and try again.

Can someone sort that out? because I've tried uploading it loads. It gets to 100% then refreshes to this message.

Here's a temp link:
http://www.storewith.com/filedownload.aspx...43a46ef13aa8c2e
DiO
That is fuckin sick.
DuPz0r
Thanks. I was thinking of adding the GTAIV menu sounds like when you're scrolling through the menus and clicking on them etc. But i dunno if they would get annoying. What do you think, shall i or shan't i?
trathen93
QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Aug 14 2010, 09:54 PM) *
Thanks. I was thinking of adding the GTAIV menu sounds like when you're scrolling through the menus and clicking on them etc. But i dunno if they would get annoying. What do you think, shall i or shan't i?

put the sounds on. it would just be even more epic. notworthy.gif Its fantastic, I shall download it before I go on the ps3 next
TreeFitty
Pretty cool. Never thought about making custom themes but definitely something I would play around with eventually.
DuPz0r
Did you get any notifications on my upload attempt to the website? Because it kept fully uploading and then that message i got above appeared.

Update v2. I've now added some cool GTAIV audio sound effects which are from the GTA menu. Check them out for yourself.

Linkage: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=W33TZM68
TreeFitty
Got nothing. If you can get the direct URL from Mega Upload, that may work. Images have had that issue with .jpg I think. Couldn't upload from computer but worked from Imageshack or similar website.
DuPz0r
Here is the direct link i got when trying to download it: http://www312.megaupload.com/files/4ae12b0...e_by_DuPz0r.zip

And here is a new error i got when i tried linking it:
FILE SUBMISSION
Error:MySQL server has gone away

So i guess it can't be direct linked. Is there anywhere else i can direct link the file from?
bOnEs
let me know when you get this to work.. i'll check it out biggrin.gif...
DuPz0r
It does work, it's just not uploading on this website. I posted the link to version 2 above. The sounds are pretty cool imo. But that's for you guys to decide.

Link to download: http://www.storewith.com/filedownload.aspx...43a46ef13aa8c2e Does this work?
bOnEs
"The file you are trying to access is temporarily unavailable."

EDIT: nevermind, i got it to download... what's the name of the folder you put it in on an external hard drive for the PS3 to read it??

EDITv2: lol, nevermind again laugh.gif... you left detailed instructions biggrin.gif...
DuPz0r
Ok cool, let me know what you think!

Oh btw everyone, i forgot to mention this theme supports both SD and HD screens. I had to add the wallpapers twice, one for each definition.
bOnEs
i'm diggin' the icons biggrin.gif... does the background change or something because, i have the TLAD background right now... and i don't hear any sounds outside of the usual ones... but, i'll support the theme for a while biggrin.gif...

nice work, dup... now i need to learn how to make my own theme too...
DuPz0r
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Aug 15 2010, 05:45 PM) *
i'm diggin' the icons biggrin.gif... does the background change or something because, i have the TLAD background right now... and i don't hear any sounds outside of the usual ones... but, i'll support the theme for a while biggrin.gif...

nice work, dup... now i need to learn how to make my own theme too...

Which version did you get? v2 has the sound effects. They are only subtle, because i cant stand noisy themes lol. When you move through the xmb it has the same sounds as when you're in GTA's pause menu.

oh yeah and there are 3 wallpapers in all. The ones i posted up top. They should alternate when logging out and in etc.

Actually, does anyone have any theme requests?
TreeFitty
I was looking at this [official] guide to making your own: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/06/06/...own-ps3-themes/

Seems easy enough.
bOnEs
QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Aug 15 2010, 01:24 PM) *
Which version did you get? v2 has the sound effects. They are only subtle, because i cant stand noisy themes lol. When you move through the xmb it has the same sounds as when you're in GTA's pause menu.

i guess i didn't get that one... only one of the links above allowed me to download it, and it must of been version 1...

if it's as easy as i think it is, i might try to make a theme myself... i am sure it will involve pirates somehow laugh.gif...
DuPz0r
Sweet. Might as well change this thread to PS3 Themes or something? Looking forward to seeing everyone else's themes.

One warning though. They take longer than you make think to make lol. It depends if you're making your own icons or not though. I spent a while getting my white icons the way i wanted them.
bOnEs
yea, i kind of figured it would take a while... especially if you want it to look good... i already got the background, i just need to think of how i want to handle the icons and what they should be...
TreeFitty
made some time to try this. I'm just doodling some icons. Nothing serial.

edit: Just replaced the friend list icons and the "create a new user" icon. Loaded it up and it worked aside from a few things I think they added over the years since that how to was posted.. Now I have to figure out how to get a screenshot... :-/
TreeFitty
Okay, I tried a free upload site which seemed to work (uploaded to iGTA) but didn't (file was messed up or not the right thing)....

edit hours later: .zip seems to be working for me... still playing around.
DuPz0r
Cool what was the website ? And how's your theme look? what program did you use? I used PS3 Theme Builder.

lol sorry about the multiple questions.
TreeFitty
I was using the program I linked to earlier but the one you just pointed out seems to be better so I'll give PS3 Theme Builder a shot later.

I just messed around a bit. Bunch of stick figure icons with an iGTA background. tongue.gif
bOnEs
yea, i found the flag i want to use for the icons but holy shit, it's going to take a lot of time and work to make all the icons... i was going to put these icons on the pirate flags but, it's not an easy task when there's a ton of icons, it took me nearly an hour to do just one icon... i think i am going to pass on making one right now... too much work at the moment...
TreeFitty
*wonders if this will work*

nope, no direct link. But the .zip still uploaded fine.
asthenia
I didn't even know we could do this.
bOnEs
nice sig laugh.gif... it's nice to see my likeness will live on in iGTA infamy...
DuPz0r
Hey guys. Now you can see how many icons there are, you can see the amount of work i had to put in :S.
I just worked my arse off today getting this theme completed. I really like it though. I spent ages on the graphic design point of view. I wanted a nice slick and clean looking sci-fi/techno look.

I'll spend some time picking out some cool sounds effects for it in v2.0.

DiO
QUOTE (asthenia @ Aug 16 2010, 03:47 PM) *
I didn't even know we could do this.

There are tons of theme sites. Only assholes buy themes.

http://www.google.ca/search?client=firefox...G=Google+Search
DuPz0r
Yeah, i put my themes on Ps3-themes.com just waiting for a mod to accept them... they can take up to 7 days. lol, that's well long.

Oh fitty, i downloaded your theme. Not bad for a first. Nice way to advertise iGTA i guess tongue.gif

/edit

They're finally up now:

http://www.ps3-themes.com/gaming/epic-gtaiv-theme.html

http://www.ps3-themes.com/art-graphics/led-black-v1-0.html
DuPz0r
I made a white Version of my LED theme. I think it looks slicker, and I've also put the sound effects in it.

Download it here:
http://rapidshare.com/files/414420005/LED_...e_by_DuPz0r.zip
Marney1
I just downloaded the Patrick Brown one DuPz0r did (excellent work by the way smile.gif) but where can I check out the iGTA one? I don't have a 'media storage device' so can't see it here.
TreeFitty
Not sure what you mean about the storage device. The one I made was just an iGTA background and some yellow icons and not nearly finished off. I should get back to that one of these days......
Marney1
I'm using my PS3 which doesn't seem to have all the necessary plug-ins you need to browse the web so quite often I'm prompted to 'insert media storage device'.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.