Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Scott Pilgrim
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > General > Entertainment
Hardcore Ottoman
Was fucking awesome! Midnight showing. Out for the night, so, discuss.
PabloHoneyOle
I'll see it.

I'm mostly looking forward to the game on XBL.
Massacre
Movie looks good, won't see it for a while, though.

Michael Cera humor, Mary Elizabeth Winstead in a pink wig, how could it go wrong?
bOnEs
looks DUMB... plus, i hate michael cera... his only role that was decent was his role in superbad... he sucks at acting... his movies appeal to the generation below me...
DiO
Looks kinda dumb but I am gonna download when the dvd rip comes about. I'd fuck that girl with the pink/green hair.
Massacre
QUOTE (Ian Jacob Cisson @ Aug 13 2010, 04:30 PM) *
I'd fuck that girl with the pink/green hair.

QUOTE (Massacre @ Aug 13 2010, 11:22 AM) *
Mary Elizabeth Winstead
bOnEs
who??
Massacre
QUOTE (Massacre @ Aug 13 2010, 04:43 PM) *
QUOTE (Massacre @ Aug 13 2010, 11:22 AM) *
Mary Elizabeth Winstead

bOnEs
never heard of her...

*checks IMDB*

ohh, lucy mcclane... hmm, yea she's alright...
Hardcore Ottoman
bOnEs, you're going to miss out on some cool cinematography and effects.
PabloHoneyOle
You're the worst movie salesman ever.

Don't post movie threads any more if you're not going to talk about it other than your vague shitty posts.

Dick.
bOnEs
QUOTE (Chainsaw Fellatio @ Aug 13 2010, 07:21 PM) *
bOnEs, you're going to miss out on some cool cinematography and effects.

no i wont... there's this thing called netflix, and i'll just wait until it comes out on DVD... then, i'll contemplate whether or not i want to see it... i only go to the theater maybe a few times in a year... so far i've seen the book of eli... and i'll be watching the expendables sometime real soon... and then i'll go to something later in the fall... i'm not wasting $10 on this...
Hardcore Ottoman
QUOTE (Stoic Person Eater @ Aug 14 2010, 10:30 AM) *
You're the worst movie salesman ever.

Don't post movie threads any more if you're not going to talk about it other than your vague shitty posts.

Dick.

Eat shit. Truth is the story was garbage, I just hyped up the best part about it. Fuck the rest.
TwoFacedTanner
I hate those type movies. And by those type movies I mean the ones with Michael Cera in the,
He is not a good actor, well, I take that back...hes good at being the shy quiet guy...oh in this movie he might be less shy because hes a rock star but fuck it.

Want to date a girl so you have to fight her seven evil ex boyfriends?
What the fuck? I mean yeah the effects in the movie look neat and the song in the trailer was catchy but I think I'm going to pass.
I may red box it later on.

PabloHoneyOle
If you don't know, Scott Pilgrim is a series of comic books that were made into the movie. I read the first book back in the day, but when I realized there were going to six books, I said "Fuck it." It's a novel idea and the comic/movie are full of nostalgic videogame references.

I'm not going to see it in the theater, but I'll get it on-demand one night when I have some extra weed laying around.

QUOTE (Chainsaw Fellatio @ Aug 15 2010, 01:08 AM) *
Eat shit. Truth is the story was garbage, I just hyped up the best part about it. Fuck the rest.

So you went to a midnight showing for it? You must have been pretty excited about it. Douche.
Hardcore Ottoman
I don't watch a movie for any one element, like storyline. I skimmed some of the comics and realized the storyline was crap but the premise and potential was awesome. The movie basically capitalized on that.

I went to the midnight showing to see an old friend too. I was 50-50 on it before knowing he was going to be there. The movie reel cut out near the end and everyone flipped at first. My buddy Soto was doing the film so I obnoxiously called out his lazy ass which got the attention of other friends I didn't see even enter the theater. Was pretty much a gathering of friends I barely ever see anymore.

Edit--The characterization was strong as fuck though. Which is how it should be, with all the video game references.
ENVi3
I liked it because it was kind of different but in a good way.
I didn't really see any advertisements or trailers so I honestly didn't care about the movie until my gf asked if we could watch it, so I did and I'm pretty glad I did. Sure it's not the best movie I've seen but it doesn't have to be.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.