Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: how to attach playstation eye ( for move) camera to tv?
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > Other Gaming > Other Games
JamieMilne
hey i was looking at images online and it doesnt look like theres a simple way to attach it to the top of a flat screen tv which is an inch thick. ive saw a few clips but i dont know if theyd fit on top either, any one know ? thanks
PabloHoneyOle
It would depend on your model TV and blah blah blah.

Duct tape is your answer.
bOnEs
can't you set it below the TV? does it have to be on the top?
ViceMan
I'm sure Sony offer an attachment that costs about 40 quid.
JamieMilne
i dunno if it would still work if it was placed at the bottom, the bottom of my tv has its own stand which sits on a unit i have in my room,

id prefer it to sit on top but if im going to be standing up for move lol

i found this

http://www.thehut.com/games/games-accessor...=gp_electronics

i just dont know how that clip fits onto my tv lol
DuPz0r
Yeah there is attachments out there. I have a slightly older TV so it's just thick enough to put my eye on top of it. But it does occasionally fall off randomly.
bOnEs
i though the eye would work below the TV because, can't you adjust the camera lense anyways?? just have it point up a little instead of straight... the move controller will pick it up with ease i'm sure...
DuPz0r
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Aug 12 2010, 07:37 PM) *
i though the eye would work below the TV because, can't you adjust the camera lense anyways?? just have it point up a little instead of straight... the move controller will pick it up with ease i'm sure...

Yeah you can, but wasn't Jamie's TV really low down as i may recall? that would make him look distorted from that angle. but yeah it's a good point. i have a cabinet under my TV which isn't that low, and will look up to head-hight no problem.
JamieMilne
i took a few pics to show yous,

if you can but the camera at the bottom and angle it then that will be fine, id just prefer it on the top lol

bOnEs
mount it to the wall? unsure.gif... lol, maybe not...
JamieMilne
yeah but if i mount it id still need to find a way to attach the camera haha
Pieface
Go to Halfords.
Buy numberplate foam pads.
Attach to TV.
????
PROFIT!
JamieMilne
id love it if you could tell me what id do with numberplate foam pads lol
DuPz0r
ok, it wasn't your tv set-up i saw before. Who had the big screen like nearly on the floor with red wallpaper, was that marney?
Pieface
It's double sided sticky pads. Stick the camera onto the TV.
JamieMilne
ahh ok, and this wont leave any marks on the tv ?.. it would be easier if sony made it the stand adjustable to clip on to the top of tvs lol
DuPz0r

It might leave marks, but it's your cheapest option. Just use a LCD-TV cleaning wipe to get rid of any sticky patched when you decide to take it off.
Pieface
Or use a product called Tardis. It's to remove heavy duty tar on cars, so should work fine on TV's as long as you use it properly.
JamieMilne
ok thanks
Qdeathstar
epoxy is the best solution for a permanent installation.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.