Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Carbon Monoxide (CO)
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > General > General Discussion
Marney1
If you have gas appliances installed in your home ensure they are checked by a 'Gas Safe' registered installer at least evey 12 months. As a gas engineer I'd just like to remind people how important it is that you don't let anybody who is unqualified do gas work in your home unless you are certain they are competent.

'I'm not in Liverpool atm and I'm using someone elses pc which won't let me copy/paste/link but I'm talking about the story on SkyNews'
ENVi3
I'm assuming you are referring to this story: http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/C...201008115676929
PabloHoneyOle
marney1 = Black Nigger Wog?
Massacre
Uh-huh.
DuPz0r
what?
TreeFitty
Everytime marney changes his name, his warns help to identify him. tongue.gif

And I go to CO "emergencies" all the time. Appliances being one of many causes from lack of maintenance or just going bad. Smoke and CO alarms save lives.
ViceMan
Can I bash the exposed pipes with a hammer until I get a happy, unconscious feeling?
Marney1
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Aug 4 2010, 09:44 PM) *
Can I bash the exposed pipes with a hammer until I get a happy, unconscious feeling?

CO is a product of incomplete combustion, you're getting your 'gas leaks' mixed up. Natural gas is pretty harmless on its own but once you get a gas to air ratio of 5%-15% it becomes potentially explosive. So no - it's not a good idea to bash any exposed pipework.
ViceMan
QUOTE (Black Nigger Wog @ Aug 5 2010, 02:13 PM) *

CO is a product of incomplete combustion, you're getting your 'gas leaks' mixed up. Natural gas is pretty harmless on its own but once you get a gas to air ratio of 5%-15% it becomes potentially explosive. So no - it's not a good idea to bash any exposed pipework.

I know. But I need something to keep me busy, it's either that or sticking my cock in the toaster and pissing inside. What can you do to help me Appliance Doctor?
Marney1
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Aug 5 2010, 02:50 PM) *
QUOTE (Black Nigger Wog @ Aug 5 2010, 02:13 PM) *

I know. But I need something to keeep me busy, it's either that or sticking my cock in the toaster and pissing inside. What can you do to help me Appliance Doctor?

Go electric instead?
ViceMan
Electricks? Never heard of that, are you sure you know what you're talking about? Basically I just want a setup where I can bash something that's potentially hazardous and gives me a slight thrill.
Marney1
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Aug 5 2010, 02:58 PM) *
Electricks? Never heard of that, are you sure you know what you're talking about? Basically I just want a setup where I can bash something that's potentially hazardous and gives me a slight thrill.

A pit bull. Make sure you're wearing trainers though.
demon
QUOTE (Not Guilty @ Aug 4 2010, 07:25 PM) *
If you have gas appliances installed in your home ensure they are checked by a 'Gas Safe' registered installer at least evey 12 months. As a gas engineer I'd just like to remind people how important it is that you don't let anybody who is unqualified do gas work in your home unless you are certain they are competent.

I always park my car in my drive-in living room. Should I start to turn off the engine? I don't do that because I like how it sounds and it makes me sleepy at night which I need.

Seriously: CO is from incomplete combustion, why is that happening? And how do you prevent the stove/heater from combusting incomplete?

Marney1
QUOTE (demon @ Sep 6 2010, 10:13 PM) *
QUOTE (Not Guilty @ Aug 4 2010, 07:25 PM) *

I always park my car in my drive-in living room. Should I start to turn off the engine? I don't do that because I like how it sounds and it makes me sleepy at night which I need.
Sigh.

Seriously: CO is from incomplete combustion, why is that happening? And how do you prevent the stove/heater from combusting incomplete?

Get it serviced regularly and take note of the advice your gas engineer will give you.
demon
No one uses gas for cooking in my part of the world, only electricity. Naturally I don't know much about it.
Mattay
My house used a monitor heater for the longest time. In the last ten years or so we've had two CO leaks, the last one (2007) was bad enough that we had to go to the hospital to get oxygen for three fucking hours.

Use them alarms nigguz, they've saved my life more than once.

Woodstoves ftw
demon
Scary stuff. I would not dare to use gas in my home, and if I had to I would install a ton of gas detectors.
Marney1
QUOTE (Mattay @ Sep 29 2010, 01:54 AM) *
My house used a monitor heater for the longest time. In the last ten years or so we've had two CO leaks, the last one (2007) was bad enough that we had to go to the hospital to get oxygen for three fucking hours.

Use them alarms nigguz, they've saved my life more than once.

Woodstoves ftw

Wood burning stoves can be lethal too. Always follow the manufacturer's instructions when burning any fuel, be it wood or fossil.
Never become complacent.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.