Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: iRD Multiplayer Event #2 (PS3)
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > Red Dead Series > Red Dead Redemption
bOnEs

EVENT DETAILS
Kick back and have some fun with fellow PS3 forum members for an hour of gaming goodness. From Shootouts to Bag Games, it's all fair game. So grab your guns and sign up by posting in this thread! Friendly Freeroam shenanigans usually happens afterword so, if you have the time, stick around after the hour. Maybe some Co-op stuff could occur as well.

PARTICIPATING MEMBERS
bOnEs
DuPz0r
ViceMan
JamieMilne
TreeFitty
x-M1K3-
ViceMan
Again, work the next day, i'll stay for an hour.

Actually... I just remembered i'm off for two weeks. I'll be on dis byatch all night bwaaai.
JamieMilne
im in, hopefully i dont get disconnected again this time
TreeFitty
yes for now
DuPz0r
Sweet. I was waiting for someone to get off their arse and start a thread. Us lot a so lazy.

Nice one b0nEs.
x-M1K3-
I'll play. PSN is x-M1K3-
bOnEs
you know, you can take over if you want to dup biggrin.gif... i'm more of a follower than a leader, lol...

i can't stick around after the hour is up though... there's this hot wing eating contest taking place monday at 7:30... i literally got them to delay the competition just so i could attend this multiplayer event laugh.gif... it's a competition between two of the guys on the softball team and the whole team is going to be there... i wasn't going to go but, since they delayed it just for me, i feel obligated to attend now... sorry...

also, MIK3, add me on PSN and i'll send the invite once we get started... be sure to be there at the time indicated... last match two new members said they'd attend but, they never got online, and we haven't seen them since...
bOnEs
event is tonight... if just a few of us show up, we can do some co-op'n or something... or we can join a public server and team up and play against other people in team gang matches... we'll figure something out biggrin.gif...
DuPz0r
I don't mind what we end up doing tbh. Oh and b0nEs, save me some hot wings, i love spicy chicken wings!
ViceMan
Going to go practice, cause y'know, it's been like 2 hours since I last played.
bOnEs
i haven't played since the last event...
DuPz0r
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Aug 2 2010, 08:15 PM) *
i haven't played since the last event...
JamieMilne
i haven't played in ages either lol
bOnEs
yea, i'll be rusty fo sho... but, i really don't give a fuck... something tells me it's just going to be us 4, and maybe three if it keeps kicking jamie out like last time laugh.gif... i think its going to be a co-op kind of event, just a hunch...

EDIT: lol, i forgot to submit it to the website... lol, it's still advertising the july 12th match laugh.gif...
JamieMilne
i really hope it doesnt kick me out, it doesnt do it any other time, i thought it was something to do with who ever invited everyone in last time , there connection lol i dont know,
bOnEs
well, i'll stop inviting you if you keep getting kicked out laugh.gif... i'll have dupzor invite you or something if that happens... add him just in case...
JamieMilne
looks like im not getting into free roam sad.gif its just constantly stuck on the loading screen, does this after ive not played it for a while ?@
DuPz0r
Where you guys at?
JamieMilne
im on, it just wont load into multiplayer for me, its stuck on the red screen with the revolving bullet chamber saying free roam
DuPz0r
WTF, The co-op match started then it said Mission failed, Game over - All other players left the game. I take it i got kicked! Looks like i'm having an early night!
JamieMilne
were going to invite you in after this match, i got killed lol
DuPz0r
ok just reloading the game then.
bOnEs
that was fun, i knew it was going to just be the 4 of us so, co-op'n was the name of the game biggrin.gif... that tezero azul place though, that's a tough cookie...

ohh, and the wing competition was hilarious laugh.gif... one of the competitors gave up after 20 wings and the winner finished the other guys wings, a half-eaten burger, some olives, fries and a piece of pie afterwards laugh.gif... iron stomach me thinks...
ViceMan
As I said those Co-ops are tediously boring and repetitive after playing through them a couple of times. I managed to create a bit of fun by attempting to knife enemies and getting killed a lot.

Afterwards I went and owned a couple of noobs in a TDM, when I joined the match they were mouthing off over the mic about how great they were to the one guy on my team, by the end they'd shut up when they lost by about 20 kills. Fun times.
bOnEs
yea, mindless killing does get boring after a while... i mean come on, your were killing about 50 per mission just by yourself... you wipe out an entire town of people after each of these missions... the objectives are fun but, the mindless killing gets old after a while... when we passed the first mission, i ended up getting the trophy for completing all co-op missions so, i guess i got something out of it tongue.gif...

hopefully we can have a better turnout next time and get back to some regular matches...
DuPz0r
I would have won that hot wing contest. I could eat many of them! Yeah back on topic, i had a nice time playing co-op with you guys finally tbh. Although i wasn't able to help at the last location of the river because i was knocked into the water before i even got off the jetty!
ViceMan
QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Aug 3 2010, 05:43 PM) *
I would have won that hot wing contest. I could eat many of them! Yeah back on topic, i had a nice time playing co-op with you guys finally tbh. Although i wasn't able to help at the last location of the river because i was knocked into the water before i even got off the jetty!

So that's where you went. I wondered why the three plucky Brits got killed and left it to the American to save the day, only for him to get killed. I didn't expect to get far running into that building attempting to knife the shotgun wielding guy.
JamieMilne
haha, it was fun last night. hope more people turn up for the next match, we should have went into a free roam last night with other people
bOnEs
i was thinking that after the 30 minute mark... but, the 30 minutes went so fast that i wasn't really done playing the co-ops after just a couple missions...

but yea, i remember the river finale at nosalida laugh.gif... that house in the middle is a death trap... it's happened just about every time i've played that mission... someone goes in there and dies... then, the next guy thinks he can survive the same fate and tries laugh.gif... then, it's usually left up to me, because i wasn't dumb enough to go in there... the guys with dynamite or fire bottles need to use them on that building there... otherwise, they have all the angles and the best cover...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.