Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: inception
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > General > Entertainment
JamieMilne
went to see inception last night. it was excellent, you need to really focus on it but or you might get lost in it haha. but i thought it was pretty easy to understand what was going on,

its on for just over 2 hours but its worth going to see. the visual effects and the acting were amazing.

i want to go see it again thumbup.gif lol
Massacre
Ellen Page... So yeah, I'll see it.
JamieMilne
you go for ellen page lol. i went for Christopher nolan lol.
Massacre
So you like the cock?
JamieMilne
no i like his style of directing, i like his films.
Passionate Homo Sapiens Ingester
That was pretty fucking brilliant.
PabloHoneyOle
I was waiting for someone to make a post, but this one is pathetic. Didn't even capitalize the title, for fucksake.

Anyway, yes, this movie is amazing. Mind blowing. I'm a big dream person and this movie fucked my ability to sleep the night after watching it.

I've seen it twice, the most recent being last night. It is definitely worth seeing in theaters and it is definitely worth seeing a second time in theaters.

I'll wait until a few more people see it to start discussing spoilers. I'm afraid conversation would be wasted talking to Jamie about it.
ENVi3
I saw it. It was pretty amazing and I think I definitely need to see it again (or a few times) just to maybe get answers to some questions I had after watching it. I might just wait for DVD to re-watch it.
The guy that plays Arthur in this movie was great, he's not the lead but just his persona made him really stand out.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE (ENVi3 @ Jul 23 2010, 02:42 PM) *
The guy that plays Arthur in this movie was great, he's not the lead but just his persona made him really stand out.

Joseph Gordon Levitt.

He stole all his scenes. He's a great actor. Check out 500 Days of Summer and Brick. Seriously. He's great.
Massacre
500 Days of Summer is good? I'll have to acquire that. I hear he's going to play The Riddler in the next Batman.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE (Massacre @ Jul 23 2010, 03:23 PM) *
500 Days of Summer is good? I'll have to acquire that. I hear he's going to play The Riddler in the next Batman.

500 Days of Summer is okay, but he's great in it.
bOnEs
dude, he's the man!! i've liked him ever since "3rd rock from the sun"... i haven't seen this yet and chances are i won't see this until it comes out on DVD... i am just not into going to the theaters right now... i guess if i had a girlfriend, i would of seen this already...
JamieMilne
dont talk to jamie about it haha ?

i was only making a simple basic post about it, was going to dive into details considering i posted it the day after release, a lot of people might have seen it, didnt want to give anything away. the only thing you said stoic was that youd seen it twice, and couldnt sleep after it lol haha
ENVi3
QUOTE (Stoic Person Eater @ Jul 23 2010, 01:50 PM) *
QUOTE (ENVi3 @ Jul 23 2010, 02:42 PM) *

Joseph Gordon Levitt.

He stole all his scenes. He's a great actor. Check out 500 Days of Summer and Brick. Seriously. He's great.

I will try to remember to check them out next time I head to Blockbuster or something.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE (JamieMilne @ Jul 23 2010, 08:28 PM) *
dont talk to jamie about it haha ?

i was only making a simple basic post about it, was going to dive into details considering i posted it the day after release, a lot of people might have seen it, didnt want to give anything away. the only thing you said stoic was that youd seen it twice, and couldnt sleep after it lol haha

I'm just kidding. I'll start with the spoilers. Be sure to use a spoiler box.

At the end of the movie, do you think he was still in limbo or was the top about to fall?

If anything, this movie has made me more "conscious" of my dreams.
PabloHoneyOle
Here's a pretty interesting theory regarding the end:

The "wedding band theory" states that DiCaprio's character only wears his wedding band (on his left hand) in dream-states and not in reality-states of the movie. I went back to verify this, and it's right. Every scene where they go into a dream, he's wearing it. Every time he comes back out, he's not. In the ending, DiCaprio spins the top and walks to his children, but he's not wearing the ring... indicating that he's in reality and that he is really with his children and not stuck in limbo or another dream.

Heartless
That's stupid. The children were wearing the same clothes and hadn't aged a day. They were even in the same recycled footage reel. People are just feeding into this movie as much as they are because they haven't even had a mediocre film in years. What do you have here that isn't the Cell? The Matrix? Dark City? Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind? This movie gave us nothing new.
Jacko
I saw the film couple of days ago and I think it's even better than The Matrix though it's only my opinnion. The film had great depth in it, great cast and the subject of dreams was interesting and it was portrayed in a very fascinating way. Not to mention the perfect score this movie has. Hans Zimmer rules.
Heartless
Read anything by jean baudrillard if you want something really deep about reality.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE (NukaLurk @ Jul 30 2010, 01:42 AM) *
Read anything by jean baudrillard if you want something really deep about reality.

Thread has been killed.

If you enjoy this movie, you're an idiot. How dare you enjoy one of the best movies this year?

Fucking cynics. Shove a book by jean baudrillard up your ass.

QUOTE (NukaLurk @ Jul 27 2010, 12:36 AM) *
That's stupid. The children were wearing the same clothes and hadn't aged a day. They were even in the same recycled footage reel. People are just feeding into this movie as much as they are because they haven't even had a mediocre film in years. What do you have here that isn't the Cell? The Matrix? Dark City? Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind? This movie gave us nothing new.

The characters made the movie. There was nothing EARTH SHATTERING about the movie, but IT'S A FUCKING MOVIE.

Heartless
So, leonardo decaprio has made you more "conscious" of your dreams? Because that guy from 3rd Rock was in it and wasn't playing a goofball, you felt compelled to comb the internet looking for theories and meanings of a film? (Hint: it doesn't have one) Don't except something as fantastic just because everything else is shit - or because everyone is telling you it is.

And come on, the Matrix was a lot better. It had a manson song.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE (NukaLurk @ Jul 30 2010, 11:17 AM) *
So, leonardo decaprio has made you more "conscious" of your dreams? Because that guy from 3rd Rock was in it and wasn't playing a goofball, you felt compelled to comb the internet looking for theories and meanings of a film? (Hint: it doesn't have one) Don't except something as fantastic just because everything else is shit - or because everyone is telling you it is.

I've always been interested the process of dreaming and I am often fascinated by some of my dreams. I loved Eternal Mind and the Cell (haven't seen Dark City) and their views on the subconscious going-ons inside our head. I just enjoyed the way Inception put everything together. It was a good MOVIE. It was very entertaining to watch a "heist" taking place in someone's subconscious. Some of the ideas brought up, like the dream within a dream and Limbo were very well executed and were a welcomed perspective to any dreamer.

I didn't search the internet for theories, rather they were presented in another forum I frequent - which ironically has more posts and members, likely because silly theories are being discussed and not just shit on. I know there is no meaning to the movie. When it ends, all it was - was a 120 minute cinematic experience. It hasn't changed my life - but it did entertain me.

The first Matrix was good, the other ones sucked major cock.

Massacre
So, I saw 500 Days of Summer. Pretty good.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE (Massacre @ Jul 30 2010, 03:10 PM) *
So, I saw 500 Days of Summer. Pretty good.

Oh please, there is nothing in 500 Days of Summer that hasn't been done in Annie Hall, High Fidelity or Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. What you liked it because the little faggot from Angels in the Outfield writes greeting cards and experiences true love (there's no such thing)? Don't see this movie if you're looking for a romantic comedy that might be enjoyable just because Massacre said so. He's not even a real film critic. He might not even be a real person, but a robot sent from the future to rape us and give bad movie recommendations.

And come on, the Matrix was a lot better. It had Morpheus.
Massacre
Lawrence Fishbourne was better in Boyz in the Hood.
bOnEs
he was good in event horizon too... that's a creepy one right there...

still haven't seen this yet... waiting for a friend from work to get a good digital copy so i can watch it on my PS3...
Heartless
QUOTE (Stoic Person Eater @ Jul 30 2010, 12:52 PM) *
QUOTE (NukaLurk @ Jul 30 2010, 11:17 AM) *

I've always been interested the process of dreaming and I am often fascinated by some of my dreams. I loved Eternal Mind and the Cell (haven't seen Dark City) and their views on the subconscious going-ons inside our head. I just enjoyed the way Inception put everything together. It was a good MOVIE. It was very entertaining to watch a "heist" taking place in someone's subconscious. Some of the ideas brought up, like the dream within a dream and Limbo were very well executed and were a welcomed perspective to any dreamer.

I didn't search the internet for theories, rather they were presented in another forum I frequent - which ironically has more posts and members, likely because silly theories are being discussed and not just shit on. I know there is no meaning to the movie. When it ends, all it was - was a 120 minute cinematic experience. It hasn't changed my life - but it did entertain me.

The first Matrix was good, the other ones sucked major cock.

Well, at least your honest, in that you're a whiny little shit who can't stand these forums. If that's your real beef, take it somewhere else. I never really understood this stoic fad - you're just some guy with a tiny prick who wanders on here and trolls anyone who remotely disagrees with you. By all means, if you're getting a better asshole tonguing somewhere else, fuck off and enjoy it then. Otherwise I stand by my assertion that this movie is overrated and is nothing to get excited about. What - they make some passing pseudo-philisophical musing about dreams and everyone goes crazy? That's it? The guy took over ten years to make this film - not because he was perfecting it but because he was stuffing it with every latest gadget and CGI technique that came out. The dreams were boring. So many have already compared the matrix, so I'll take it a step further. In many of the scenes involving the computer world, they used body doubles and twins/triplets to convey a feeling that everyone was the same. Only, you'd never notice because you're never really paying attention. Sentiments like that are far more compelling then a dream within a dream. (Thank you Poe, btw)
PabloHoneyOle
You've read Poe? What a genius!

I was being honest about what a shit head you are on these forums. You call me a troll? Read back over the this thread. You make lame insults based on this movie. Sorry you didn't like the movie, don't know why you have to get all high-and-mighty about it. If anyone ever wants a fatass shithead perspective on a movie, they should ask you. Otherwise, stick your "holier-than-thou" attitude up your ass.

I think you might be a little jealous that members of this site like me more than you. Poor baby. Suck my cock.
0bs3n3
Yeah anyway agree with Heartless...Most people thought Avatar was mind-blowing because random shit floated towards you, afraid this is no different.
Heartless
QUOTE (0bs3n3 @ Aug 1 2010, 12:27 AM) *
Yeah anyway agree with Heartless...Most people thought Avatar was mind-blowing because random shit floated towards you, afraid this is no different.

lol.
DuPz0r
I got it just now. About to sit and watch it with my wife. I'll comment on my thoughts afterwards.

/edit.

Wow, what a fucking interesting film. I really liked the concept of dreams within dreams and planting info in peoples heads. The ending got me though. I think i'll stick with the happier ending smile.gif In case i go nuts thinking too deep about it.
cuda is your boi
watched it today, was alright. i don't know, might of missed something.

i was hoping for a really complex twist.

one thing i didn't quite get, when dicaprio and the girl end up in the "4th level" dream state, this is limbo? he goes about how it's the world he created with his wife, but then he has to save the asian guy? on that realm?

i also got a bit caught up in the part where dicaprio tests the sedatives, when he wakes up he is washing his face and checks the totem, thought that scene could have been a potential twist later on...
cuda is your boi
fuck.

i had to watch this a second time today, i'm leaning towards not actually liking this movie that much.

the end was supposed to leave us thinking if the totem was going to stop spinning or not, personally, i think it does, since it looks like it's losing speed, and that never happened before.

on a different level, i understood how Cobb was nuts about reality, he was constantly using the totem to make sure he was awake, this could be because of the nature of his business: espionage into dreams, after a while everyone would be paranoid, but also because we know his wife kinda descended into madness when she considered their dream state a true reality. i understand how the necessity to see his kids took over his constant need to make sure he was awake, walking away from the totem in the end scene clearly explains that.

now, the dream into dream into dream etc etc thing i didn't find too fantastic, it's pure science fiction, it didn't open my mind at all about dreams...

then there's the big list of possible plot holes (possible as in, i'm not trying to state 100% facts here):

so, fischer is trained in dream invasion, he can obviously recognize EVERYONE in the plane, but still doesn't say a damn thing? ugh, did i miss something here?

why did Cobb plant an idea in his wifes head? why not just kill her? she would wake up and truly realize she was dreaming...

why not show her the totem? it would clearly prove she was wrong?

why didn't Cobb off himself, wake her up with a "kick", and be done with that?

how in the fuck is fischers dad in the snow dream? eames would have to play the roll, but he was busy killing everyone (here i felt i was watching a rambo movie), fischer clearly only understood the word "disappointed" before, now he gets the full message?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.