QUOTE (strontium dog @ Jul 12 2010, 06:09 AM)
apart from the obvious like the cheating at poker outfit, what benifits are gained from all the other outfits you can collect in the game? and are they worth the bother of collecting?
100% completion achievement/trophy.
From Red Dead Wiki: http://reddead.wikia.com/wiki/Outfits
These 13 outfits are available in all versions of the game.
* Cowboy Outfit: This is Marston's typical bounty hunter attire, and the one he wears at the beginning of the game. It conveys no particular benefit except extra room in the pants for his massive cock.
* Duster Coat: This is the Cowboy outfit with a brown duster over it. This is achieved once the player receives the honor level "peacemaker". No additional bonus, however it can be worn without clothes underneath for flashing children and ladies.
* Elegant Suit: Bought from the tailor in Thieves' Landing. Wearing this suit allows the player to cheat at poker. Obtaining this outfit will also score the player the He Cleans Up Well! achievement and make you a smooth motherfucker.
* Legend of the West Outfit: Once unlocked, Marston has more Dead Eye than usual and looks fucking badass.
* Bandito Outfit: Banditos and outlaws in Mexico consider you a friend until you take aggressive action. Free burritos and handjobs in Escalera.
* U.S. Marshal Outfit: This is achieved by beating all US gang hideouts in 24 GAME hours. This is required for 100% game completion. If you have already beat half the hideouts, gangs will return. While wearing this, US Posses and Marshals will not pursue you. The people in Thieves' Landing will shoot at you on sight, kill those niggers.
* Bollard Twins Outfit: Bollard Twins gang members consider you a friend until you take aggressive action. This consists of the Cowboy Outfit with leather chaps and a red scarf. You can now participate in circle jerks around the campfire.
* Mexican Poncho: A musty old poncho. A souvenir of your travels in Mexico, along with AIDS. No added bonus when wearing this outfit except looking like a dirty spic.
* Reyes' Rebels Outfit: Disguise yourself as one of Reyes' Rebels. Mexican Law posses and the Mexican Army won't pursue you, but they will stick their fingers inside you.
* Rancher Outfit: Marston's typical attire when tending the ranch at Beecher's Hope. No additional benefits except looking like a total faggot.
* Treasure Hunter Outfit: Treasure Hunters consider you a pretty lady until you take aggressive action.
* U.S. Army Outfit: Makes you look like an enlisted US Army man. Marshals will treat you with respect and free passes at the glory hole in the latrine.
* Bureau Uniform: Acquired upon reaching 100% game completion. Dress like a federal bureau agent and the law won't be able to touch your cockandballs (complete amnesty from the law and the gays).