Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: iRD Multiplayer Event #1 (PS3)
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > Red Dead Series > Red Dead Redemption
Pages: 1, 2, 3
bOnEs

EVENT DETAILS
Kick back and have some fun with fellow PS3 forum members for an hour of gaming goodness. We can discuss in this thread, leading up to the event, what we'd like to do for that hour. We could do some gang hideouts, FFA matches, gang matches, freeroam challenges, trophy hunting, co-op stuff, etc...

Lets discuss a schedule to go by. Start with FFA, then move onto hideouts? What should we do?

PARTICIPATING MEMBERS
bOnEs
DuPz0r
ViceMan
Dominic Pybus
JamieMilne
Woy Hodgson
Cecil Bumfluff
TreeFitty
Chainsaw Fellatio
Psy
firecwolf

...WTF is with these names?!

Post in this thread if your interested in joining us. And so, let the discussions begin. biggrin.gif
Marney1
I'll stay off this list (for the moment) because I've hardly had time to play it lately and have only just got into West Elizabeth plus I haven't even played online yet. I don't want to join in and be a burden on anyone by being crap. This should be kick ass when it becomes regular though.
bOnEs
there's no burden... we could use all the members we can get, and you know this man biggrin.gif...
ViceMan
Two hours of gaming goodness? It'll be 1am by then, and I have work on Tuesdays. I'll stay till 12 at the latest.

And i've seen hardly anybody playing recently, everyone is playing other faggoty games.
bOnEs
yea, i say two hours just to let everyone know the event could last as long as we want and if your still on, we can still play... but at least one hour would be ideal...

and yes, i have noticed that no one is playing RDR anymore, which is why i am trying to get this going... we should of started one of these weeks ago but, i didn't realize that i'd be the only one with balls to get it started... but yea, no one on my friends list plays this anymore... what a shame... me and my good friend from work played friday night but, even that's not as often as we both thought we'd be playing this game...
ViceMan
Half the people online aren't even playing any game it seems, WTF else reason do you use a PS3 for? Listening to music, browsing the web? Bullshit.
bOnEs
DiO was online all night last night, doing nothing... perhaps netflix doesn't indicate that your watching a movie under your name... makes sense but, it should at least state that your n/a... either way, i hope there's more that enter this gathering than just a few people... i know there's people here still playing this game, even if they aren't online (like marney)...
DuPz0r
I'm the same as Vice, i'll be on till 12am, maybe 12.30 if you're lucky.
Marney1
This is already starting to sound like 'attempt #1' of the GTAIV matches when everyone had an excuse not to commit themselves. With not having come even close to finishing the story yet (and that only being possible by catching an hour or two here and there) I'm not even fully used to the controls which is why I'm not committing yet.
Can I just go into unlimited time freemode with other players like GTAIV and not have to fight if I don't want to?
bOnEs
you can try and get away from attackers, or just join another freeroam... it's pretty simple once your into the mulitplayer portion of the map... it doesn't take long to find another match, and you don't have to go back to the single player after each attempt either...

but, you shouldn't have much of a problem... give it a go and see what you think... if people start trying to kill you, join a new freeroam, or join someone else's posse too and they'll probably help you along biggrin.gif...
JamieMilne
im in biggrin.gif. ive been sayin we should start one of these for weeks not, im clearly not popular enough on here for anyone to listen to me haha to get a match started lol.

i dont just use my ps3 for games, i watch movies on it and basicly just have it running all day every day lol. im fine for playing for the 2 hours btw.
Marney1
QUOTE (JamieMilne @ Jul 6 2010, 11:02 PM) *
im in biggrin.gif. ive been sayin we should start one of these for weeks not, im clearly not popular enough on here for anyone to listen to me haha to get a match started lol.

i dont just use my ps3 for games, i watch movies on it and basicly just have it running all day every day lol. im fine for playing for the 2 hours btw.

Similar situation here with mine, it might look like I'm on it a lot but most of the time it's either the wife's iPod left on charge or my game is paused while I'm busy or the tv is on. I sometimes check my messages and reply but get a response like - "WTF you talkin' bout Lewis?" because the message was about 6 hours old.
trathen93
Im in. *hopes internet holds up* Ive not been online on RDR yet, should be very interesting. I must polish up on my red dead skills.
DiO
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Jul 6 2010, 03:53 PM) *
DiO was online all night last night, doing nothing... perhaps netflix doesn't indicate that your watching a movie under your name... makes sense but, it should at least state that your n/a... either way, i hope there's more that enter this gathering than just a few people... i know there's people here still playing this game, even if they aren't online (like marney)...

Lol. My cable is out. I was hittin up sirfthechannel watching shit off megavideo and comedycentral.com.

Fucking comedy central's vids always fuck off in the middle of them.

Im down for this. Cant promise. Maybe Ill have a job in a week. LOL! If not Ill be there.
bOnEs
participant list has been updated... if you fail to make this meeting, you will forever be the burn in QD's scrotum...
TreeFitty
  1. Submit this for news.
  2. Add me for now. I might be around.
  3. I often start my PS3 and forget about it while logged in. Once for the whole day. Other than that I sneak in some Battlefield 1943 at night. I'm using shit wifi at the moment.
  4. oh and auto-aimless deathmatches shootouts might attract some new members. but that can be for the next one or something. thumbup.gif so many people whine about it.
Marney1
ViceMan
Lol, Carphone Warehouse. You scousers are a hilarious bunch.
Marney1
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jul 7 2010, 02:52 PM) *

It's a strange set up I've got, BT, AOL and Carphone Whorehouse all rolled into one package. I'm changing it all soon.
ViceMan
QUOTE (Cecil Bumfluff @ Jul 7 2010, 02:58 PM) *
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jul 7 2010, 02:52 PM) *

It's a strange set up I've got, BT, AOL and Carphone Whorehouse all rolled into one package. I'm changing it all soon.

AOL! AHAHAHHA! IT GETS BETTER! YOU FUCKING CLOWN! YOU'SA FUNNEH!
DuPz0r
AOL = fail. I didn't even know Carphone warehouse did broadband..., is it 56k too?

At least you have RDR tongue.gif
bOnEs
i'll submit this as news as soon as i figure out what kind of matches we are having... any suggestions??
DuPz0r
I think we should do a gold rush match at least! But as suggested, autoaim off please. Too easy to get quick head shots with it on.
ViceMan
QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Jul 7 2010, 08:40 PM) *
I think we should do a gold rush match at least! But as suggested, autoaim off please. Too easy to get quick head shots with it on.

That's going to be difficult for people who haven't unlocked the hardcore matches then. We'll lose potential players.
DuPz0r
Oh yeah true. I forgot about that! Hmm fine, we'll just have to play carefully like we used to on GTA.
bOnEs
i'm leaving auto-aim on... i really don't know what people's issues with it are... i haven't ever done a no auto-aim match so, i don't want to play without my precious auto-aim...

so, gold rush?? how about a standard deathmatch to start things off first?? i don't think you can pick how long each match is but, i am sure we'll have plenty of time to play a few different ones...

locations?? i am thinking that a deathmatch at the railroad camp would be pretty fun... lots of cover... i did a gold rush in armadillo and it was pretty fun...
DuPz0r
Gold Rush at the US army Camp is always fun, loads of crates to hide behind and weave between.

I like Deathmatch's in Macfarlanes Ranch tbh... but that's my preference.
bOnEs
is the army camp and railroad camp the same thing?
DuPz0r
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Jul 7 2010, 09:30 PM) *
is the army camp and railroad camp the same thing?

yeah smile.gif I did mean the Rail Camp, but the Army outfit came to mind as i was typing it!
bOnEs
arm wrestling perhaps? laugh.gif...

ok, here's the agenda... and i am going with your suggestions, dup... you've played enough to know what probably offers up the best matches... but, the RR camp is a no brainer for any match... lots of cover and lots of little alleys...

with "hold your own" teams have their own base and opposing members must try and steal their gold and bring it back to their base... this one could span across a couple of towns so, i think i might just leave that one blank for now and see what our options are when we start the match... but, this will be a team-based match and we'll just go with what team they place us on and see what happens...

1st match:
SHOOTOUT - McFarlane's Ranch

2nd match:
GOLD RUSH - Pacific Union Railroad Camp

3rd match:
HOLD YOUR OWN - ???

if someone has done a hold your own, please inform me of what locations are available and, what that mission is all about...
ViceMan
I don't think there are any specific locations I like, i've played a lot in Armadillo so I know it fairly well. Apart from that Chuparosa might be good for a TDM.

Is there anything in Torquemada, it's quite small I know.
JamieMilne
aol is not = fail ohmy.gif. i have aol and its a brilliant internet, unlimited downloads every month, thank god since i download a hugh amount of stuff. films take minutes to download, im happy with it lol

btw my psn is jamievxr, just incase people inviting in to the match cant find a jamiemilne on their list lol
Hardcore Ottoman
When is this?
ViceMan
July 12th, 6pm (EST) 11pm (GMT)
bOnEs
you in punxtr??
Hardcore Ottoman
Well, I am open that night. Most people are for Monday. I will try to be there... I'm not a dedicated gamer though.
Psy
I'm in! And I'll also try to record it. Only problem is it'll all be from my viewpoint but it's better than nothing smile.gif
DuPz0r
Cool. Sounds awesome Psy. We'll have to get our best glad rags on then so we can show off! lol
firecwolf
yeah im up for that rolleyes.gif
DuPz0r
QUOTE (firecwolf @ Jul 10 2010, 11:24 AM) *
yeah im up for that rolleyes.gif

What's your PSN ID buddy?
bOnEs
wow, 11 possible players!! gangs can only roll 8 deep so, we'll have to create a couple of gangs... and what a great opportunity to get the 8-man posse trophy finally biggrin.gif...

hey firecwolf, what's your PSN name so we can add you?? and welcome to the forums BTW biggrin.gif...
DuPz0r
Awesome, but can everyone in a freeroam get into a competitive match or do you have to be in a party? I've never tried before. I know you can have up to 16 players in a freeroam though. So two parties of eight would be awesome!
ViceMan
Finally I can be on the other side of the fence and terrorise some lone players with some backup.
p1429
man i'd like to join my psn id is DaKILLnewbs1429
DuPz0r
See you guys tonight. Oh and bring some spare condoms!
bOnEs
i need p1429 and firecwolf to add me on PSN, my ID is artistadam... i will be the one setting things up this week so, please add me as a friend so i can invite you to the match... i hope you guys show up, the more the better biggrin.gif...

to all participants: this will be a private match (sorry viceman, no losers to rape)... and when new people show up to the event, don't invite them to the posse... let me do that... i have to be the one that invites all members to get the trophy so, let me do that first... then, while we wait for the rest of the members to show up, we can get the trophy for others that are interested... sound like a plan??
Disowned122
Hey, my PS3 tag is Disowned122 and I would like to join you all tonight on Red dead redemption.
DuPz0r
Welcome Disowned, see you tonight. Looks like we might have a pretty busy event tonight, lets hope everyone turns up!
Disowned122
QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Jul 12 2010, 07:19 PM) *
Welcome Disowned, see you tonight. Looks like we might have a pretty busy event tonight, lets hope everyone turns up!

Yup ill try my best unless something unexpected happens! Just to make sure, i live in Arizona, so what time will it start for my time zone?
JamieMilne
bones, you have me on your friends list dont ya ? , cause i put my name down the other day for this match, but its down as jamiemilne, incase your looking for me, im jamievxr smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.