Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What you did when you joined, and what are you doing now?
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > General > General Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Pieface
You have a kid?!
Massacre
He's a pretty good Asylum-dweller for being a father...
bOnEs
i figured this would be a good place to post that i have a second job now (since it seems to be active about jobs and shit)... on top of being a full time graphic artist, i am also now a part-time cafeteria worker at the local brewery... i get to know the regular drunks, serve them food at overpriced prices, and hear that everything thing tastes great because their drunk... ohh, and i make tips biggrin.gif... now, THAT's a second job right there... plus, i get a free beer at the end of the shift... and a sandwich on full days... kick ass...
Massacre
That's a pretty sweet gig.
bOnEs
i needed some extra income at the cost of my videogame time... an OK trade for the moment... when new vegas hits, i might start regretting that decision... but then again, it might help me enjoy it that much longer...
Massacre
Video game time becomes the most precious thing in the world when you spend most of your time working.
bOnEs
if only i had a full time cushy job that pays $20 an hour... then i would get all the video game time back!!

*facepalm*

fucking money...
Massacre
No joke, if I were mad rich, I'd start the More Free Time for Stoners charity.
bOnEs
maybe stoic could fund us... from the looks of his wedding pics, he married into $$$$...
Dunpeal
Lets see...where to begin. Lets take it back to 2001-2002, GTA 3 is out and I met Psy via GFCC where he use to make codes for Gameshark/Datel cheating devices. Many members from GFCC started going to Psy's forum back in 2003, including me of course, been at this for 8+ years. Not on that much, as many of you know, but hey this is a site I'll always visit. Then: school. Now: I manage people...nuff said smile.gif
Darth Sexy
I err, encourage problem gamblers to keep gambling. They may be destroying their lives, but I'm making a fat wad of cash off their misery.
Massacre
I want to start my own suicide hotline.

QUOTE (bOnEs @ Sep 7 2010, 11:27 PM) *
maybe stoic could fund us... from the looks of his wedding pics, he married into $$$$...

It seems that I'm missing out on a lot by not having a Facebook page. I suppose I could start a page for Warlord, Inc.
Jáger
QUOTE (Pieface @ Sep 7 2010, 10:11 PM) *
You have a kid?!

I do. She was one-year old on the 25th.

QUOTE (Massacre @ Sep 8 2010, 12:23 AM) *

If you'd bother to read my post, you'd know I no longer live with my ex-girlfriend and baby. We argued all the time and that wasn't good for our little girl. I've moved back home temporarily while I find a new job and/or house.
bOnEs
QUOTE (Massacre @ Sep 8 2010, 12:53 AM) *
It seems that I'm missing out on a lot by not having a Facebook page. I suppose I could start a page for Warlord, Inc.

you would at least have a few friends... me, stoic, DiO, and ast... ohh and that jew kid analogkid...
Massacre
QUOTE (Jaeger @ Sep 8 2010, 03:06 AM) *
QUOTE (Pieface @ Sep 7 2010, 10:11 PM) *
You have a kid?!
I do. She was one-year old on the 25th.
QUOTE (Massacre @ Sep 8 2010, 12:23 AM) *
If you'd bother to read my post, you'd know I no longer live with my ex-girlfriend and baby. We argued all the time and that wasn't good for our little girl. I've moved back home temporarily while I find a new job and/or house.

I did read your post. You never specified whether your kid stayed with you or your ex, and either way, you're still a father, which is all I said in the first place. I never said your kid still lived with you.
DuPz0r
QUOTE (Dunpeal @ Sep 8 2010, 05:16 AM) *
Lets see...where to begin. Lets take it back to 2001-2002, GTA 3 is out and I met Psy via GFCC where he use to make codes for Gameshark/Datel cheating devices. Many members from GFCC started going to Psy's forum back in 2003, including me of course, been at this for 8+ years. Not on that much, as many of you know, but hey this is a site I'll always visit. Then: school. Now: I manage people...nuff said smile.gif

Damn, i actually remember those days. Because i was also a Gameshark/Datel code cracker. I was one of the guys who helped find the codes to change your car paint job to a certain hex colour within your garage in GTA3. I think i may have seen you and Psy on the GFCC website, that's what made me join his own website when he first launched it. I remember creating an "artists impression" of how i thought the SA map would look. I posted it on his first website. Damn, it's weird how you forget these things until someone jogs your memory!
Jáger
But surely you'd assume that seeing as I've moved back in with my parents, the baby is with her.

tongue.gif

Meh, doesn't matter, anyway. The fact of the matter is I'm a father, I'm hardly an Asylum-dweller (especially when you compare it to how active I used to be on these forums) and, well, thats it, lolzzzz.
Nerginican
Well, let's see. Back when I joined slightly over 6 years ago, I was 13 and infatuated with video games and not getting laid. Now, I'm almost at my 2 decade mark and I am a Lance Corporal in the United States Marine Corps. My lifestyle mostly consists of training to kill sand niggers in Afghanistan and getting wasted and fucking as many females as possible before I deploy and fulfill my deep desires of taking human lives that I have had since I first played GTA. I haven't owned a video game console since I enlisted straight out of high school.

Anyway, it's nice to see that nothing's changed since I left over 2 years ago. You're all, for the most part, ambitionless losers living pathetic lifestyles, especially Corey. 24 years and still a fuckin' dishwashin' virgin. Doesn't get any better than that. Peace, nerds.
Jáger
Darth Sexy
QUOTE (Nerginican @ Sep 19 2010, 03:59 PM) *
Well, let's see. Back when I joined slightly over 6 years ago, I was 13 and infatuated with video games and not getting laid. Now, I'm almost at my 2 decade mark and I am a Lance Corporal in the United States Marine Corps. My lifestyle mostly consists of training to kill sand niggers in Afghanistan and getting wasted and fucking as many females as possible before I deploy and fulfill my deep desires of taking human lives that I have had since I first played GTA. I haven't owned a video game console since I enlisted straight out of high school.

Anyway, it's nice to see that nothing's changed since I left over 2 years ago. You're all, for the most part, ambitionless losers living pathetic lifestyles, especially Corey. 24 years and still a fuckin' dishwashin' virgin. Doesn't get any better than that. Peace, nerds.

This is why I don't trust soldiers.
cuda is your boi
hey scrappers
Nerginican
QUOTE (cuda is your boi @ Sep 19 2010, 04:08 AM) *
hey scrappers

Fido 15
I joined when I was 15 in the summer of 2005. I was a bit of a hothead back then and I was usually persecuted by various leftist ideologues. I was a Hitlerite back then, but now I'm a Strasserite. I'm attending college and wish to work for law enforcement after attaining a B.A.. Either becoming a correctional officer or a regular officer in a large city is my goal so I can crack down on parasitic scum. The aforementioned goals most likely will not happen because I'm a revolutionary with a passion for revival of a long-gone, ancient lifestyle, and complete reform of the entire system and general mentality and spirituality of the layman.
TreeFitty
QUOTE (Fido 15 @ Sep 19 2010, 10:34 PM) *
The aforementioned goals most likely will not happen because I'm a revolutionary with a passion for revival of a long-gone, ancient lifestyle, and complete reform of the entire system and general mentality and spirituality of the layman.

And there's a psych exam for those jobs.
Fido 15
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Sep 19 2010, 10:39 PM) *
QUOTE (Fido 15 @ Sep 19 2010, 10:34 PM) *
The aforementioned goals most likely will not happen because I'm a revolutionary with a passion for revival of a long-gone, ancient lifestyle, and complete reform of the entire system and general mentality and spirituality of the layman.

And there's a psych exam for those jobs.

You're absolutely right. Thank G-d those things exist to keep out the wackos from entering a serious societal occupation.
Massacre
There are serious societal occupations?
Fido 15
QUOTE (Massacre @ Sep 19 2010, 10:49 PM) *
There are serious societal occupations?

Why, yes, sir. Did someone stutter? unsure.gif
Massacre
I was unaware such a thing existed. What types of occupations are these?
Fido 15
QUOTE (Massacre @ Sep 19 2010, 11:02 PM) *
I was unaware such a thing existed. What types of occupations are these?

Law enforcement, military, governmental officials, etc. It was a pleasure to help you out! thumbup.gif
basicked
i was going into like 8th grade something, just being a kid. now i'm in a sober house in philadelphia for a couple more weeks, going back to nyc and finishing up culinary school
CutThatCity
QUOTE (Pieface @ Jul 6 2010, 01:49 AM) *
I was 14, entering Year 9 in High School. Now I've done my GCSE's and A-Levels since then and I'm about to go to Uni after an unplanned Gap Year.

ditto
Meyer Lansky
I joined back in 2005...when I was around 15, very immature back then, I've looked up posts from back in the day and can't believe most of the shit I was saying!
FreemanXtreme
I joined in March of 2004. I was in my final year of college and I was looking for a GTA: San Andreas fan site with new info on the game. Now, I'm 27, married and living with my wife and our dog outside of Pittsburgh. I don't come here very often anymore but I've had a lot of good memories here. I've gone from being a regular member, to a Mod, to an Admin, back to a Mod, and now to a gold member. I like coming back every now and then and see what's going on... maybe post a few random comments here and there. I like to try and keep things interesting.
Fido 15
Damn, nigga, you done tied the knot?
FreemanXtreme
QUOTE (Fido 15 @ Nov 19 2010, 03:24 AM) *
Damn, nigga, you done tied the knot?

lol yeah, I've been married for 1 year 4 months.
Edgecrusher
Let's see, when I joined I was 22, still living at home, jobless and bipolar. Since then I have had three kids, got married, been widowed and moved eight times. Now I am a full time father (still jobless, lol). I still consider myself a GTA fan though, and I doubt that will ever change so I will continue to lurk here indefinately I suppose. smile.gif
Bitch Heartless
I was finishing my freshman year in high school.. I was 15 at the time.. probably not doing much but sports in school.. Now I'm 20, married, have a daughter and im in the army in afghanistan FML..
Pieface
So you're in Afghanistan now? What's the weather like?
Bitch Heartless
QUOTE (Pieface @ Nov 29 2010, 11:48 AM) *
So you're in Afghanistan now? What's the weather like?

cold at night.. was pretty hot during the summer months.. but we got heat now so i cant complain..
The Awesome One
I did my GF Sam when I joined....now I do my wife Sam...

Seriously though, i'm still working for my Dad, i'm looking for a new job cause i'm fed up of not doing anything when I get to work.

Getting married has matured me though, you can see the difference in my posts from last year and this year. Its my 20th in January, and in Febuary I will mark 4 years of being with the best, sexiest girl in the world.
Mekstizzle
What's there to talk about. GCSE's/A Levels/Uni/Work it's all the same shit nearly everyone of us does. Ugh. Nothing to report here.
Massacre
I'm glad I live in a bunker filled with canned ravioli and electronics. It makes me feel unique compared to you twats.
Banksthaman
Uuuhh when I Joined I was only 15 think I must have been sitting my standard grades. Was obsessed with Grand Theft Auto. Posted regulary then I lost touch with the site for a couple of years and found it again recently. Now im 21, work as an NDT Tech and drive an Audi A3 :-)
Sheep
When i first joined here i was 17 i believe, and i didnt even know Psy ohmy.gif and i didnt work, now im 22, i know Psy, and i work at HP (not the sauce) doing tech support
basicked
bitch heartless did you always have that avatar?
Massacre
He did. I think the last username of his you would know is Clutch, perhaps?
TrIgGeR HaPpY
I joined when i was 12, lol i got banned by someone called Stanbush or something because they found out lol. I used to be called indian-gangsta. Now im trigger happy lol, what the hell was i thinking, they are both corny. Anyway when i turned 13, because that was the legal limit to use forums lmao, i managed to get unbanned, by contacting people i knew on this site. That was years ago, time flies...

Man this place was booming, before the release of San Andreas, i used to love going on these forums, it seems pretty dead now. Even with the new GTA 5 trailer, nobody is talking about it. Yet people still buy the games anyway. Even though it is brainwashing, desensitizing mind control.

Before GTA SA, there would be mega discussions on this site, about what people wanted in the game, doesn't seem to be much community anymore. We all zombified. But seriously this virtual reality we are living in, is trapping us in a box. We need to break out.

Wow where did all the post counts go lol, this is my first post haha, wow it says my join date is August 04, that was like nearly 7 years ago, when i was still in school, thats crazy. I had joined even before that, but i remember they reset the forums back then and everyone had to make a new account.

"Welcome back; your last visit was: Sep 27 2008, 01:59 PM" cool lol, it says im member no 440, thats pretty cool considering over 50,000 people on here now.

QUOTE (Meyer Lansky @ Nov 13 2010, 09:51 AM) *
I joined back in 2005...when I was around 15, very immature back then, I've looked up posts from back in the day and can't believe most of the shit I was saying!

Thats how i feel now looking back lol
Massacre
We're still going, we just moved here.

Crazy active over there now that the trailer's out. We had nearly 2000 guests at one point today.
selpy
Wow... this is still a thing?!

mellow.gif

I cant... holy crap, I cant believe this is still going! I havent been on here since, christ, 2009! I joined in 2004 I think at the age of 19/20, was a second year in college here in san diego ca. loved the kids (and yes, most were kids) and honestly I got pretty childish myself sometimes. Now Im going to turn 28 later this year, dont really design much anymore (that hurts to say), barely play games anymore (last new game I bought was DXHR), do some freelance writing and photography, sell stuff, just trying to survive. Underemployed, underwhelming, just barely a spec on the universe's radar..

...well that was fucking sad. THANKS FOR NOTHING DUFFMAN!!

Nah, but it's good to see a few of you are still around I guess. I hope everyone's doing well? happy.gif
TreeFitty
pssst! in here.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.