Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: playstation plus
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > Other Gaming > Other Games
JamieMilne
hey was looking to see if anyone had made a topic but it didnt show up on search so i made one lol

is anybody on here getting it, im thinkin about it , i prob will get it soon
bOnEs
we were discussing it in the PS3 ID thread... i plan on getting this in a few days once i can finally update my system.. there's just too much value packed in a neat little $50 price tag... each month will net you free PSN games, exclusive demos and betas, free PS mini's and PSone classics... plus discounts on all games and even free avatars and themes...

it sounds like a hell of a deal to me... i'm sold...
JamieMilne
im getting it on monday once i have money to spare lol.

im hoping it gets better but, cause some of the game they offer, i wouldnt play lol
bOnEs
i've always been interested in wipeout HD but, i never wanted to pay $20 play it... rally cross(Psone) and age of zombies(mini) seem like they're worth the price of FREE too... and my friend is borrowing my copy of litlebigplanet so, having a digital copy of it would be pretty sweet and would allow me to continue to loan it out to friends so i can play with them... i don't know, i just hope the games they offer for free continue to be worth it... if they start giving away shitty games no one plays then i will start to get upset...
JamieMilne
im never been interested in wipeout hd either, but il download it since its free. i was reading that discounts change every month, so theyl not be available for ever? is it the same for the free games, will i not be able to get wipeout hd for free if i wait till next month to sign up ?
DuPz0r
I bought Wipeout HD a while back, and it is a good game, so it's worth getting if you haven't played it yet. I buy a lot of crap from PSN, so i need to wait for newer stuff to come out before i get Plus tbh, otherwise my money isn't really well used.
ENVi3
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Jun 30 2010, 05:02 PM) *
i've always been interested in wipeout HD but, i never wanted to pay $20 play it.

lol, I've been on the same boat for quite some time.
$50 for 15 months is only about $3.3 per month.
The only catch seems to be that whatever free stuff you get from Plus is only good for as long as you are subscribed. It'll only mostly suck if you get a good game the last month, and just for that it's almost like by force you have to renew, but if you were going to renew anyway, then I guess there's no problem.
bOnEs
and in all honesty, $50/year isn't a bad investment for free shit... even if it's just to keep the games available that were free... it's like all subscription based things like netflix... why should you continue to rent movies after you've canceled your account? same thing applies with PSN+... at least the games that we pay even $1 for will still be available after the subscription runs out but, the free ones won't be...

xbox fanboys might think we are finally paying for online service but, it's far from the truth... we can still online game for free but, now we have an alternative option which almost rewards us for being a gamer... PSN+ is really cool concept IMO... i'm buying my year subscription this weekend biggrin.gif...
DuPz0r
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Jul 1 2010, 03:26 PM) *
and in all honesty, $50/year isn't a bad investment for free shit... even if it's just to keep the games available that were free... it's like all subscription based things like netflix... why should you continue to rent movies after you've canceled your account? same thing applies with PSN+... at least the games that we pay even $1 for will still be available after the subscription runs out but, the free ones won't be...

xbox fanboys might think we are finally paying for online service but, it's far from the truth... we can still online game for free but, now we have an alternative option which almost rewards us for being a gamer... PSN+ is really cool concept IMO... i'm buying my year subscription this weekend biggrin.gif...

Well, let me know about all the benefits you get from it in the first couple of months, because you might swing me. At the moment, I'm still not sure i want it yet, until they have some decent games on the list anyway.
TheAnalogKid2112
I'm with you Dup. That and I don't have $50. I'd rather spend it on drugs.
Kamahl
like others said, this looks good but im not sure i wanna pay $50 for it... specially now that im not playing that much...
TheAnalogKid2112
QUOTE (Kamahl @ Jul 1 2010, 11:00 AM) *
specially now that im not playing that much...

Exactly. If it were 1-2 years ago when I was playing games for literally all my free time, I would buy it in a heartbeat. But I simply don't have the time anymore so I don't think the $50 would go to good use.
DuPz0r
QUOTE (TheAnalogKid2112 @ Jul 1 2010, 08:04 PM) *

Exactly. If it were 1-2 years ago when I was playing games for literally all my free time, I would buy it in a heartbeat. But I simply don't have the time anymore so I don't think the $50 would go to good use.

I know why you don't want it. You've bought like every PSN game available. Don't lie, I've seen you trophy list! lol
bOnEs
lol, i was gonna say the same thing... analogkid has a TON of PSN game trophies... but, they're also giving away PSone classics and minis... i've already purchased a couple of these... i got the monopoly mini and the simcity 2000 PSone classic...

really, outside of those, echochrome and PAIN, i haven't purchased anything else so, this looks like a no-brainer for me... plus, mortal kombat II (a game i have seriously thought about buying) is 1/2 off with my membership in this first month so, again, i am sold...
TheAnalogKid2112
QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Jul 1 2010, 12:14 PM) *
QUOTE (TheAnalogKid2112 @ Jul 1 2010, 08:04 PM) *

I know why you don't want it. You've bought like every PSN game available. Don't lie, I've seen you trophy list! lol

Actually, I've only paid for less than 10 of the PSN downloadable games. I have a friend who helps me out haha
JamieMilne
got a heavy rain demo automaticly downloaded this morning lol. too bad ive already played the game lol
Marney1
Downloaded the PS+ demo and shall check it out later but I'm a bit sceptical of the part which says you'll get 200* worth of games. Can't find the small print for the *.
bOnEs
i turned the auto download function off, i don't need that shit... it's nice to get automatic updates but, i don't want the system to download crap that it thinks i would be interested in... videos, demos, etc... i have yet to see any use for that feature for me... plus, i am leery of my PS3 turning on and doing an automatic download while i am sleeping or at work... what happens if it locks up? it'll sit in that stage for hours, which can't be good on the system...

but other than that, i like the new PSN+... the free games are actually pretty good, minus "age of zombies" which to me is just some cheap flash game with an insane amount of enemies, which makes it no fun for me... i am sure a couple of my zombie-fan friends wouldn't mind playing it though...

wipeoutHD is a pretty good game though... i thought it was one of those small PSN titles but, this game is a full-fledged racing title... 8 stages, and about 60 races it looks like... tons of vehicles and challenges... and it's entertaining... comes with trophies, including a chance to get a platinum but, i doubt i could achieve this one because, i am not a great racer by any means...

rally cross is a fun arcade racer with some actually good car physics for a PSone classic... but, it's a game to play with friends, and not really something worth going through campaign mode with... although, i might give it a go someday just to unlock stuff...

the free premium theme is really sharp looking too... i like it...

mortal kombat II and rampage world tour ($2.50 each with PSN+) are just as good as i remembered them to be, and even includes an online mode for both which i have yet to check out...

---------------

all in all, the first month to me is worth about $25... not bad considering that i still have 14 more months of goodies and discounts to go biggrin.gif... if your like me and haven't really purchased much off the PSN, this could be worth the money... the only games i bought were jeopardy, worms, echochrome and PAIN... and i don't see any of those becoming the free game any time soon...
DuPz0r
Sounds cool. I might get it next month if i have the money to spare.
bOnEs
i don't think the midway games discount will be available next month... but then again, $5 for MKII isn't a bad price anyways... i hope there's a nice selection of free stuff again next month biggrin.gif...
JamieMilne
so did you get different games from what i got in the uk cause i didnt see mortal kombat on my plus menu ?

automatic downloads is a godsend i think ohmy.gif, its pain waiting on demos downloading, games updating. if it does all this while im asleep and all i had to do was turn my ps3 on and everything was waiting on me, thats exellent lol.

what premium themes did you get, i got 'game is just the start' and a little big planet one.

i also got destruction derby ps1, but no rally cross.
bOnEs
no little big planet for americans, which sucks... i already own it but, i'd love to lend out my game to friends so i can play with them... mortal kombat II wasn't a free game but, it was 1/2 off for PSN+ users...

so basically, this is what i got:

wipEoutHD (PSN) (free)
rally cross (PSone) (free)
age of zombies (mini) (free)
collision theme (free)

and...

mortal kombat II and rampage world tour (each one $2.50 for PSN+ users)

there was more games discounted but, these were the only ones i was interested in
JamieMilne
how come uk and us have different ps1 classics on plus offer ?

how come uk and us have different ps1 classics on plus offer ?
bOnEs
i really don't know why... you guys have theme hospital and we don't... i fucking LOVE THAT GAME!! why can't we have it too?? why do the stores have to be different?? i won't rest until a waiting room full of patients have a disease i can't cure... and i keep sending them through diagnostics until they fall over and die in my hospital... i... ...
ENVi3
wait, so there is new content and discounts every week?
DuPz0r
QUOTE (ENVi3 @ Jul 7 2010, 08:40 AM) *

Didn't b0nEs say every month?
ENVi3
QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Jul 7 2010, 05:14 AM) *

oh yeah. I must have read over that.
It's just that the PS Store updated yesterday, and I assumed they were talking about their new Plus updates (this week).

which sort brings up a question: does the content of Plus change every month?
meaning, If I get plus next month, does that mean I won't get any of the games and discounts that were offered this month?
bOnEs
QUOTE (ENVi3 @ Jul 7 2010, 02:38 PM) *
QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Jul 7 2010, 05:14 AM) *

oh yeah. I must have read over that.
It's just that the PS Store updated yesterday, and I assumed they were talking about their new Plus updates (this week).

which sort brings up a question: does the content of Plus change every month?
meaning, If I get plus next month, does that mean I won't get any of the games and discounts that were offered this month?

you would miss out on this months discounts and freebies, yes... and i do think the + store changes on a weekly basis... not the maor freebies but, i thought i saw somewhere that said fieldrunner was a free game this week for + users so, maybe their are little freebies like that weekly... i don't know for sure yet though... i've only been a member for 2 days biggrin.gif...

but, there are monthly freebies, that's a given... but, there may be weekly feebies thrown in from time to time as well... i actually think there is a free minis game (fieldrunner) and a theme for this week...
ViceMan
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Jul 7 2010, 06:50 AM) *
i really don't know why... you guys have theme hospital and we don't... i fucking LOVE THAT GAME!! why can't we have it too?? why do the stores have to be different?? i won't rest until a waiting room full of patients have a disease i can't cure... and i keep sending them through diagnostics until they fall over and die in my hospital... i... ...

Funny, I was thinking about playing Theme Hospital a few minutes ago without even knowing this. It's a pity I sold it years ago.
bOnEs
...you can always re-purchase it in the PS store, you lucky euro trash, you... theme hospital is easily one of the best PSone games IMO... i can't remember how many hours i wasted playing that game...
DuPz0r
I enjoyed Theme Park more. But Theme Hospital was a classic. I think i may still have parts of the disc laying around my house!
JamieMilne
i have theme hospital downloaded on my ps3, i have no idea how to play it, my gf said she used to play it all the time and wanted it lol
ENVi3
it seems to me there's new stuff for Plus every week. Not major stuff like free games, but smaller stuff like discounts and themes, etc.
ENVi3
I got Plus, I figured I should just get it this month so I could get Wipeout HD ... which turned out to be kind of lame because so far it's pretty much just like Wipeout Pure on PSP, except with better graphics and it's on the PS3. I mean it's a good game and all, but I already had it.

I'm looking forward to what the year brings. As long as I can get those $50 paid for (and more), I will be happy.

Also, It's kind of lame you can't pick what gets downloaded automatically. There is just a On or Off for all sort of deal with the automatic downloads. I would have it set to On if it was just game updates, but for now I don't want random videos and etc downloading.
bOnEs
yea, the auto update is pointless for me... i don't mind taking the time to manually download updates...
ENVi3
well, I would like the patches to be downloaded, since that way I can just boot up the game and play instead of booting it up and then having to wait some minutes before playing. It could be useful for those games I never really play much anymore, like Pain which I stopped playing for a while and then when I wanted to I had to download this massive update and I didn't feel like it so I just never played it again and the updates kept building up and I kept being too lazy to update it, until I just deleted the game.
TheAnalogKid2112
QUOTE (ENVi3 @ Jul 16 2010, 12:31 PM) *
well, I would like the patches to be downloaded, since that way I can just boot up the game and play instead of booting it up and then having to wait some minutes before playing. It could be useful for those games I never really play much anymore, like Pain which I stopped playing for a while and then when I wanted to I had to download this massive update and I didn't feel like it so I just never played it again and the updates kept building up and I kept being too lazy to update it, until I just deleted the game.

That's why you let it run when you're asleep, bozo.
ENVi3
but then the PS3 doesn't shut off automatically, and I never thought about it unless I wanted to play the game (which I rarely did), so not such a big loss.
ENVi3
some details explained : http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-12218-V...ership-and-more
I wondered about this, and now my question is answered
DuPz0r
So you only get the free stuff for as long as you subscribe...? I guess that's not so bad. Most people would have completed the free games by the time a year subscription comes out. But i know for a fact they will start making more interesting games free every month, just to keep your subscription going even longer!
bOnEs
it's getting to be about that time where they unveil the next batch of free games... can't wait to see what's in store for me...
ENVi3
QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Jul 26 2010, 03:00 AM) *
So you only get the free stuff for as long as you subscribe...? I guess that's not so bad. Most people would have completed the free games by the time a year subscription comes out. But i know for a fact they will start making more interesting games free every month, just to keep your subscription going even longer!

they'll probably release a really good game near the time everyone's year subscription ends, lol.
and yeah about the free stuff I understood that, but I always wondered about the stuff you get at a discount, hence why I found/posted that link.
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Jul 26 2010, 10:31 AM) *
it's getting to be about that time where they unveil the next batch of free games... can't wait to see what's in store for me...

yeah, no doubt. As long as it's something decent or a game I don't already have then it's all good.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.