Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wolves Spawning
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > Red Dead Series > Red Dead Redemption
Joeyshmoe69
I've seen this mentioned on a few other forums but not spotted anything here.

Has anyone else experienced the almost continuous spawning of wolves? I didn't notice it until I'd made it to Mexico but whenerver I kill a pack of wolves, another pack usually shows up when I'm half way through skinning them - it's a great money earner as I've had 50+ to sell a few times.

It also happens to me quite a lot at Beechers Hope but these packs don't seem to attack me - they just wander through the farm.
asthenia
Yup. Happens with bears too.
Joeyshmoe69
yeah, had issues with the bear hunting challenge as I was pretty much being attacked by them from all sides!
asthenia
Have you got papers for a horse in your satchel? Once you've managed to do the challenge, switch to your satchel and click it to get a new horse. The game will save and you can just let yourself die... Easier than fighting off 15 bears. Obviously, you need to kill your old horse first .. or lose him somewhere.
Joeyshmoe69
I keep forgetting about that handy save tip - sure beats trying to find a good spot for the campsite! Also a good way of saving but not skipping time forward.

However, I do get rather attached to my horses - hate it when they die (or get accidently shot in the head by me...). When I first got to Mexico I was a bit dissapointed that my horse hadn't made the journey down the river with me - imagine my delight when I whistled and he came running round the corner!
bOnEs
cougars have re-spawned for me a few times... talk about dangerous...
ViceMan
I find a lot of wolves around Riley's Charge and Del Lobo Rock (which means rock of the wolf anyway so no surprise there.)
DuPz0r
My first infinite wolf spawn encounter was whilst i was looking for Treasure no.2. I must have collected over 70 pelts, before decided to call it a day (or two in-game days maybe), then before i managed to set up camp i got attacked by a cougar, it made quick food of my horse, and started ripping me to shreds. i managed to dot it with my revolver, but i was seeing red and got jumped from behind by the other cougar... I lost all my pelts.

And yes Cougar respawns happen too, i listed them on the hunting hotspots. I have actually had 6 attack me all in a row around there, can you imagine that....
asthenia
QUOTE (Joeyshmoe69 @ Jun 29 2010, 11:09 AM) *
I keep forgetting about that handy save tip - sure beats trying to find a good spot for the campsite! Also a good way of saving but not skipping time forward.

However, I do get rather attached to my horses - hate it when they die (or get accidently shot in the head by me...). When I first got to Mexico I was a bit dissapointed that my horse hadn't made the journey down the river with me - imagine my delight when I whistled and he came running round the corner!

I kept my horse from Bonnie for about 90% of the story! So I can definitely relate. Ha. After the end of the game though, I've not been so fussed about them. I can't remember how my first horse died now, but it was a sad time for me. But now, horses, they come, they go, Saturday through Sunday, Monday, Monday through Sunday yo! wink.gif

Dup - I can barely handle 3 cougars. :/ fuckers.
bOnEs
i lost my first horse while hunting 30 wolves (which fits in this thread perfectly)... i was out and about, killing the respawning wolves in gaptooth ridge... when i finally had enough, i whistled for my horse and was surprised to see a different one... apparently while i was killing wolves, a few of them decided to hunt my horse... while wandering around the area i was just in, i spotted an "X" on my map... when i approached, i saw my kentucky saddler sad.gif...

i had to skin him so i could hang his hide on the wall of my cabin... as a keep-sake of course...
ViceMan
QUOTE (asthenia @ Jun 29 2010, 07:35 PM) *
But now, horses, they come, they go, Saturday through Sunday, Monday, Monday through Sunday yo! wink.gif

I actually remembered what song that line is from, I must still be a wigger at heart.
DuPz0r
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jun 29 2010, 08:23 PM) *
QUOTE (asthenia @ Jun 29 2010, 07:35 PM) *
But now, horses, they come, they go, Saturday through Sunday, Monday, Monday through Sunday yo! wink.gif

I actually remembered what song that line is from, I must still be a wigger at heart.

I am still a wigger, because i still like Eminem...
bOnEs
his new album is GREAT... he's gotten back to his roots and his flows have more meaning and punch, just like the old days biggrin.gif... the beats are a little flat IMO though... dre only produced 3 songs... he needs to do the whole album again... i like eminem's flow as much as i liked dre's phat beats...

back on topic... so the wolves, they're everywhere, aren't they?? unsure.gif...
ViceMan
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Jun 29 2010, 09:17 PM) *
back on topic... so the wolves, they're everywhere, aren't they?? unsure.gif...

Pretty much. They displace any other predators that might be around, so if you're looking for cougars and find wolves you have to leave the area and come back.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.