Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Avatar: the Last Airbender
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > General > Entertainment
Heartless
The movie comes out soon. Anyone seeing it? Anyone already seen the show?
PabloHoneyOle
I have never seen the cartoon, so I am kind of looking forward to seeing it with an open mind.
ViceMan
I saw adverts stating it's going to be on Sky movies, do they mail you a pair of glasses for viewing? Otherwise it'd be pretty pointless, the whole point of it was the "oooh-aaah" 3D faggotry wasn't it?
Hardcore Ottoman
I don't plan on seeing this.
Heartless
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jun 28 2010, 04:16 PM) *
I saw adverts stating it's going to be on Sky movies, do they mail you a pair of glasses for viewing? Otherwise it'd be pretty pointless, the whole point of it was the "oooh-aaah" 3D faggotry wasn't it?

Yeah, it doesn't look good so far. It's an all white cast, directed by Shamalamadingdong, in 3D. I think all this is going to be is the ring of Nickelodeons cash machine. I'll still see it, but I doubt I'll see the rest, if they come out. I have seen the show, and hey, for a kids show, I liked it, even if a ton of it made not a lick of sense.
ENVi3
yeah the show was pretty good, I remember watching it a few years back. I'll probably go watch this movie just for that reason. I'll catch an early showing for about $4 and maybe I'll fork over the $2.50 extra for 3D.
DiO
Another movie called avatar. What the fuck.
Heartless
QUOTE (Taylor Blake @ Jun 30 2010, 03:02 PM) *
Another movie called avatar. What the fuck.

I said the same thing. I was really excited when I heard James Cameron was making the avatar film. Then I saw a shit ton of ads filled with weird blue monkey cat people running about and I was honestly confused for a while until the trailers and stuff hit. Then I heard the actual Avatar movie was being helmed by the genius that brought us The Happening, The Village, The Stapler, and realized then that the inevitable ending to this new Avatar film was that the main character ends up being the Firelord in a surprise twist ending.

Heartless
Haven't seen it yet, but it's officially a flop.
ENVi3
QUOTE (NukaLurk @ Jul 2 2010, 04:58 AM) *
Haven't seen it yet, but it's officially a flop.

yeah it was kind of noticeable that it would be from the commercials.
I'll probably still watch it (someday)
Heartless
If I had made the film, I wouldn't have relied so much on CGI, except where needed. I've also heard that the action was like watching slow-motion tai chi. Not sure why they got a tae kwon do kid to play a character who's a master of Bāguzhǎng.
ENVi3
After reading some reviews I think I may be better off just re-watching the cartoon episodes. A friend of mine said they're playing them on some Nick channel that me , a normal cable subscriber, doesn't get. Luckily you can find them online fairly easily.
Massacre
I imagine this will be like the other Avatar: Pretty lights and 3d effects with no actual entertainment to be found.

Shymalon (or whatever that shit is), just make Unbreakable 2 and then blow your fucking brains out.
Heartless
QUOTE (Massacre @ Jul 3 2010, 06:53 PM) *
I imagine this will be like the other Avatar: Pretty lights and 3d effects with no actual entertainment to be found.

Shymalon (or whatever that shit is), just make Unbreakable 2 and then blow your fucking brains out.

I call him Shamalamadingdong. I've heard this one didn't even have that good of effects, making a lot of people ask where the money went too.
Massacre
But, supposedly, he does plan on starting Unbreakable 2 sometime soon. Have you seen Unbreakable? Of course you have.
ENVi3
and don't forget The Last Airbender is supposed to be a trilogy.
Massacre
*Commits suicide*
ENVi3
Hasn't Twilight been directed by a different person each movie?
If they continue The Last Airbender, I hope they get some person that will do it justice.
Heartless
bOnEs
the 3D in this movie is just like the "clash of the titans" 3D... another director trying to cash in on the 3D craze and up-scales his movie to 3D, meaning, nothing is really 3D at all... just cheap parlor tricks...

i like shamaylan's directing skills and visuals... he is a master behind the camera... but behind the desk with a pen and a pad, he's god awful in half his movies... the script has already been written for this movie but apparently, he's changed a lot of that so fuck this movie... you can go out on a limb with movies like signs and the 6th sense but, don't re-write something that's already been written... this movie only needed your directorial skills, not your input on story plots...
ENVi3
I watched this movie using my "2 for 1" personal discount, and I've got to say it's not completely terrible. It's not the piece of sh*t all these reviews say it is, but I'm not saying it's good ... it's more like around or a little less than OK.
The cartoon is way better, especially since the movie is about 20 episodes crammed into about 90 mins, but I'm curious to see what is going to happen with the trilogy.

Also, I have no idea why they changed the pronunciation of Ang's and Sokka's name. It was annoying throughout the movie.
ENVi3
this guy's rant nails it pretty well:
Heartless
That guys funny as shit.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.