Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wait a sec. - Spoilers
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > Red Dead Series > Red Dead Redemption
Massacre
I'm not using spoiler tags. Fuck you, it says spoilers in the title.

So, during the final encounter for "I Know You," the Strange Man comments on how the area he's standing in is a "nice spot." Anyone notice that it's the same place where John is buried?

This may have been mentioned before, and I don't care if it has, I felt like posting this.
DiO
Dam. Nice find.
Massacre
I just realized that shit. Unfortunately, it's all over the Red Dead Wiki, so I can't take any credit, even though I figured it out myself.

You should see all the crazy theories people have for him.
ViceMan
QUOTE (Massacre @ Jun 24 2010, 05:34 AM) *
I just realized that shit. Unfortunately, it's all over the Red Dead Wiki, so I can't take any credit, even though I figured it out myself.

You should see all the crazy theories people have for him.

Yup, read them all. I first started to get suspicious of him on the second encounter, sitting out alone atop a mesa in the lower regions of Mexico wearing his suit and top hat.
Massacre
Yeah, the Rolling Stones theory is especially lulz-worthy, albeit oddly accurate.
Dog Mauser Truck
The strange top hat guy? He is not a demon or other supernatural being; the holy artifact(fancy crucifix given to John by the Mexican sisters)would have driven him off. Also, I see I see no evidence that he is an alien/time traveller/invader from another dimension.

I believe that John is suffering from some sort of psychiatric disorder, possibly even a residual head injury effect(remember John's facial scars). The man's elegant dress symbolizes John's subconscious desire to better himself, he always urges to do right, too. When John emptied the automatic into him without effect, this was obviously a hallucination.bullet proof vests weren't invented until the 1920s. Kevlar wasn't used in until at least 1965.
asthenia
What about "Damn you!" - "Many have..." or however it goes.
Chicago51
QUOTE (Dog Mauser Truck @ Jun 26 2010, 02:09 AM) *
The strange top hat guy? He is not a demon or other supernatural being; the holy artifact(fancy crucifix given to John by the Mexican sisters)would have driven him off. Also, I see I see no evidence that he is an alien/time traveller/invader from another dimension.

I believe that John is suffering from some sort of psychiatric disorder, possibly even a residual head injury effect(remember John's facial scars). The man's elegant dress symbolizes John's subconscious desire to better himself, he always urges to do right, too. When John emptied the automatic into him without effect, this was obviously a hallucination.bullet proof vests weren't invented until the 1920s. Kevlar wasn't used in until at least 1965.

Also it would mean John's got some psychic abilities. Or else how did he know about the nun and the cheating man? Na. The Well Dressed Man was either God or Death. I'm kinda leaning toward God...

ViceMan
QUOTE (Chicago51 @ Jun 26 2010, 10:47 AM) *

Also it would mean John's got some psychic abilities. Or else how did he know about the nun and the cheating man? Na. The Well Dressed Man was either God or Death. I'm kinda leaning toward God...

Indeed, the man had knowledge that John himself did not posess, meaning it would have to be an entity separate from his own psyché.

http://reddead.wikia.com/wiki/Strange_Man#Interpretations
Massacre
I suppose no one took into account the most likely scenario, which is that R* put him in the game to make us wonder who/what he's supposed to be. In all likelyhood, R* didn't mean for him to actually be any specific thing, they just implied a few things to get us talking.
ViceMan
I gathered that, R* like to put things in which they never explain. But it's fun to speculate, people get really insistent that their theory is the right one.
SirPsychoSexy
QUOTE (Chicago51 @ Jun 26 2010, 11:47 AM) *

Really? I'm kind of leaning towards Death. At first I thought he was someone who had lost a deer one, that loss caused by John. And now he was obsessed with John or something but had decided to give another chance by helping out. But after the last encounter I was a little surprised becuase R* deals with supernatural stuff, but then I just "hm, so that guy was Death".

Very nice find by the way, kind of poetic.
PabloHoneyOle
Maybe I was smoking too much or just skipped the cutscenes, but I totally missed this.
Chicago51
QUOTE (SirPsychoSexy @ Jun 27 2010, 09:46 PM) *
Really? I'm kind of leaning towards Death. At first I thought he was someone who had lost a deer one, that loss caused by John. And now he was obsessed with John or something but had decided to give another chance by helping out. But after the last encounter I was a little surprised becuase R* deals with supernatural stuff, but then I just "hm, so that guy was Death".

Very nice find by the way, kind of poetic.

I was thinking the same about him being some who's loved 1 was killed by John. But that was because of the way he was asking if John remembered a certain woman that he killed. Then I was thinking Death because of the comment about him being an 'accountant of sorts'. But it was the 'Damn you' 'Many have...' bit that made be think of God.
asthenia
Bitches, you all ignored me.
ViceMan
QUOTE (asthenia @ Jun 28 2010, 06:36 PM) *
Bitches, you all ignored me.

I'm sorry, who be you?
asthenia
Your mother.
ViceMan
QUOTE (asthenia @ Jun 28 2010, 09:22 PM) *
Your mother.

I came out of your happy flaps? Never!
TwoFacedTanner
I think it was probably God. I mean, John says "I won't be held accountable for" something and the strange man says "yes you will john"

Don't quote that word for word, Its been a while since Ive heard him speak.

and then there is

What about "Damn you!" - "Many have..." or however it goes.
Hardcore Ottoman
God
PabloHoneyOle
http://kafkaskoffee.com/wp/?webcomic_post=703-pm
DiO
I lol'd.
bOnEs
yea, that was hilarious laugh.gif... every other comic had him getting attacked by cougars, which had me LOL'n too... and the 3 ones involving the poker game too...

this was the funniest one though:
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.