Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Utah to execute condemned killer by firing squad
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > General > General Discussion
Marney1
Don't want to start a debate on the rights and wrongs of the death penalty here, just a discussion about this particular case..........

"Barring the success of any final appeals, Ronnie Lee Gardner will be strapped into a chair, have a target pinned over his heart and die in a hail of bullets from five anonymous marksmen armed with .30-caliber rifles and firing from behind a ported wall."
Full story
Massacre
I don't care what this guy did, just... absolute props to these people using a firing squad. Fucking awesome. Not sure why they're putting him in a chair, though.
Passionate Homo Sapiens Ingester
He chose, I read.

I would have my hands tied and have myself blindfolded, make my last request a cigarette and shout "iVIVA LA REVOLUCIÓN!" after the call to fire.

I would either request a five-man single-shot firing squad to shoot me from 10 yards with a red brick wall behind me, or a circular ten man firing squad.
Massacre
QUOTE (Passionate Homo Sapiens Ingester @ Jun 17 2010, 09:35 PM) *
He chose, I read.

I would have my hands tied and have myself blindfolded, make my last request a cigarette and shout "iVIVA LA REVOLUCIÓN!" after the call to fire.

I would either request a five-man single-shot firing squad to shoot me from 10 yards with a red brick wall behind me, or a circular ten man firing squad.

This, minus blindfold. I want them to look me in the eye and vice versa.
Heartless
I wouldn't ask for an appeal myself. Die in a cell or die by a bullet, whatever. Doesn't have much different.
Marney1
So he spent his final hours watching the Lord of the Rings Trilogy?
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE (Frog Choker @ Jun 18 2010, 04:03 AM) *

I would have watched Grandma's Boy.

Anyway, I tried to find a clip from "You can't do that on television" from back in the day with the firing squads. Pure hilarity.
Bain
Lol, nice choice. There is nothing wrong with it. Noble ending, and the guys who kill him will feel guilt. Interesting if not ridiculous.
demon
Firing squad. Awesome. It's rare these days. Beheadings too. I don't know the details of what he did, so I'm just going to assume that he is guilty of a capital crime. Good to be done with him and not having to pay for his imprisonment anymore.

They shoot the heart and not the head? You don't die immediately if hit in the heart?

QUOTE (Massacre @ Jun 17 2010, 08:18 PM) *
Not sure why they're putting him in a chair, though.

So he won't fall and hurt himself.

QUOTE (Passionate Homo Sapiens Ingester @ Jun 17 2010, 09:35 PM) *
or a circular ten man firing squad.

Awesome. And don't sit on a chair, stand up. laugh.gif

QUOTE (Frog Choker @ Jun 18 2010, 04:03 AM) *

I'd ask for 9 hours of sex, but 9 hours of LotR are awesome too.
Marney1
I'd ask to sing 1 Million Green Bottles.
coreyko_2003
I LOVE that he took the firuing squad but i think they're pussies for putting him in a chair to do it...

What happened to him having his last smoke when they lead him?
Spoiler
Actual photo of the chair and details here.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/...-execution.html

I will watch the whole series of Band of Brother or if it's not allowed then Saving Private Ryan. to get in the mood of getting shot.
Marney1
QUOTE (KoreyKo @ Jun 19 2010, 08:30 AM) *
I LOVE that he took the firuing squad but i think they're pussies for putting him in a chair to do it...

What happened to him having his last smoke when they lead him?

Smoking is bad for your health.

trathen93
that chair is epic. looks like a normal electric chair with sandbags next to it. suppose it could be re used. I wonder if they get a prize if each bullet is within the target?
I'd rather die on my feet than live in a chair~
Bain
What that his last wish?
Marney1
QUOTE (Bain @ Jun 21 2010, 11:04 AM) *
What that his last wish?

Dunno about his last 'wish' but he watched 'The Lord of the Rings' trilogy and ate lobster, steak and vanilla ice cream.
Handsome B Wonderful
I'd ask for Dick Chaney to be part of my firing squad. My last words would be "Look Out! Duck!", and he'd take out the rest of the squad. At least i'd get lols before i die.
Massacre
You know, Cheney catches a lot of flak over that, but the fact of the matter is, shooting someone in the face is fucking hilarious.
QUOTE (Bain @ Jun 21 2010, 12:33 AM) *
He died in a chair after living on his feet........... so post something relevant.
Are you kidding? I was replying to a conversation about how people would have their death sentence carried out.

You absolute child.
Bain
I was just drunk as fuck I deleted my post.
QUOTE (Bain @ Jun 22 2010, 10:06 PM) *
I was just drunk as fuck I deleted my post.
Fair enough, I retract what I said.
Bain
I guess Im too good at it for others to see but when Im drunk as fuck I think its obvious. But yeah, I usually just act like a fool because I know I have an excuse, so its like me, but hidden. Anyway yeah.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.