Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: iGTA Webcomic - Attempt #4
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > Important Information > Website & Forum Problems & Discussion
Massacre
iGTA Webcomic

I'm bored, and I have a lot of free time, so I'm going to do the webcomic by myself. I can't count on you ADD-afflicted motherfuckers to do anything useful, so all I need is for you dicks to post up some links to whatever useful info you can get on Hawaiian culture and crime. Post any good pics you can find of Hawaii, whether it's nature-type shit or the actual city areas. Large pics preferably.

The reason for you guys doing the Googling is quite simple: I'm lazy as fuck.

Now to part 2 of your duties, I'm terrible at naming shit. I need ideas for character names, city names, whatever needs named in the comic, I have no ideas for it. We'll get into the specific items that need naming as I throw together character art and the like.

Your rewards for all this not-at-all hard work? Cameos. You post something useful for me, and I write you into the comic. If there isn't a picture of you available to me, I'm going to take liberties and make up what you look like.

iGTA Webcomic - It's happening this time. Mostly because I'm doing it alone.

^ That's our slogan.

TreeFitty
SelfieDK
Heres some "Help".
-----------------------

This picture aint much help, but damn shes hot (And Hawaiian)
Massacre
That's suprisingly helpful. And that girl may wind up as part of the cover art.

@ Fitty: Did you just whip that up, or is that something you did a while back?
Passionate Homo Sapiens Ingester
Can you please make reference in some way or another to Kikin' It With My Homies?
Massacre
If you can provide a link to said item to accomodate my marijuana-induced lack of memory, then yes.
Hardcore Ottoman
Damn, that shit goes way back to the days when Pyro used to lurk...
OptimumPx

TreeFitty
QUOTE (Massacre @ Jun 17 2010, 08:07 PM) *
@ Fitty: Did you just whip that up, or is that something you did a while back?

while back. edit: creation date is the end of february.

QUOTE (Massacre @ Jun 17 2010, 09:52 PM) *
If you can provide a link to said item to accomodate my marijuana-induced lack of memory, then yes.

From Psy a bit ago...

QUOTE (Psy)
asthenia
QUOTE (Passionate Homo Sapiens Ingester @ Jun 18 2010, 02:22 AM) *
Can you please make reference in some way or another to Kikin' It With My Homies?

I miss Kickin' With With My Homies. :'(
DuPz0r
I could've helped, but i didn't get asked. I have summer time off, so loads of free time atm.
SelfieDK
You need anything else?
I can send you some Cannabis in the mail or something??
Massacre
QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Jun 18 2010, 12:17 PM) *
I could've helped, but i didn't get asked. I have summer time off, so loads of free time atm.

Well, it wasn't summer the other three times I tried to do this, and I kind of figured you didn't have time, you being the forum member with a life and all. If you actually want to help, I would appreciate it.

QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Jun 18 2010, 03:15 AM) *
QUOTE (Massacre @ Jun 17 2010, 09:52 PM) *

From Psy a bit ago...

QUOTE (Psy)

WTF. I should've read that before agreeing to include a reference in the comic. Now I have to think.

Never mind. Mexican furniture store.
demon
Why is this topic in the board feedback forum?

QUOTE (Massacre @ Jun 17 2010, 05:34 PM) *
iGTA Webcomic

I'm bored, and I have a lot of free time, so I'm going to do the webcomic by myself. I can't count on you ADD-afflicted motherfuckers to do anything useful, so all I need is for you dicks to post up some links to whatever useful info you can get on Hawaiian culture and crime. Post any good pics you can find of Hawaii, whether it's nature-type shit or the actual city areas. Large pics preferably.

The reason for you guys doing the Googling is quite simple: I'm lazy as fuck.

Now to part 2 of your duties, I'm terrible at naming shit. I need ideas for character names, city names, whatever needs named in the comic, I have no ideas for it. We'll get into the specific items that need naming as I throw together character art and the like.

Your rewards for all this not-at-all hard work? Cameos. You post something useful for me, and I write you into the comic. If there isn't a picture of you available to me, I'm going to take liberties and make up what you look like.

iGTA Webcomic - It's happening this time. Mostly because I'm doing it alone.

^ That's our slogan.

Quite honest and forward. You don't beat around the bush. laugh.gif
This sounds like a fun idea. I'm too sleepy to be your slave at the moment, but I'll post some material if/when I can come up with something.

QUOTE (SelfieDK @ Jun 17 2010, 07:18 PM) *
Heres some "Help".
-----------------------

Dam what a beautiful picture!
The woman picture is missing hips and legs, but what is visible is very hot.

QUOTE (OptimumPx @ Jun 18 2010, 12:24 AM) *

Very very nice!
Massacre
QUOTE (demon @ Jun 18 2010, 06:15 PM) *
Why is this topic in the board feedback forum?

It's for problems and discussion. This counts as discussion since it's going to be an official forum feature, once it gets going.
ViceMan
Hawaii is an island in the Pacific ocean, known for its volcanic activity and shield volcanoes. It is part of the USA. Hope that helps. mellow.gif
Massacre
Gee, thanks.
asthenia
You should have a ganglord called Kamaka and he should always be playing an Ukulele or have someone playing an Ukulele around him.
Massacre
I'm going to try and have some art or something done by the time my good computer's fixed. Dup never wandered back into the topic, but I'd rather not bother him about helping me if he's possibly changed his mind.
Qdeathstar
I think you need a script before pictures.... so if you have a script then i'd be interesting in turning that into pictures.. but just googling pictures about hawaii.. meh.

In GTA Hawaii you play the role of Lance Vance's mother hell bent on revenge for the death of your son, lance vance. Rumor has it that a certain vercetti has retired from the high-risk mafia life style to a retirement home on the east side of the islands. All you have is some peroxide and a t-shirt to wear because the discount airline you were using lost your luggage at a layover in Los Venturas.

DiO
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hawaii

There.
Massacre
Fuck you.
DuPz0r

ooo0ooo nice.
DiO
Maybe this can give you character ideas.

http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/Global/story.asp?S=3425664

Hawaii's most wanted.
Massacre
There's going to be one hell of a shootout up there.
DuPz0r
QUOTE (Lee Bridges @ Jun 24 2010, 07:57 PM) *
Maybe this can give you character ideas.

http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/Global/story.asp?S=3425664

Hawaii's most wanted.

Awesome, nice find.
Massacre
I shudder to think what those two grannies did to get on that list.

Read this guy's profile. If that's not a GTA character, I don't know what is.

Since I'm thinking of making the main character start out as a drug dealer, this guy would make a good boss-turned-enemy, resulting in a motorcycle chase across the island.

This dude escaped police by stealing a surfboard and hopping into the ocean. I think he makes the cut. Also, another guy from the list, Charlie Tan, could be a friend of the main character. He didn't do anything special, he just looks right.
DiO
Escaping on a stolen surf board. Not that's bad ass.
Massacre
I'm more partial to the amputee drug dealer myself. Nigga rolls a moped.

scooter.gif
DuPz0r
I found some good pictures of Honolulu town area. This is a good view away from the cliché palm trees and sandy beaches.

http://photo-hawaii.net/Honolulu/HL.html
ViceMan
Any pictures, storylines, characters yet Massy?
Massacre
I can't post any of my sketches until my computer is fixed (or at least, I don't feel like dragging my scanner over to the other computer), and other than my sketches we don't have anything to post other than some rough practice works.

Aside from a few things that get posted in here, most of the work will be done privately and info will be slowly released leading up to the first issue, just like R* does with GTA. Where's the fun if all the info is released now?

There might be a jumble of comic panels posted as a "trailer" of sorts before release, but we're a long way off from that, if we even do it.
ViceMan
"We"? I thought this was a project you were doing alone.
Marney1
So how's the Web.comic.com going? Would love to help but I found my front door again.
ViceMan
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Jun 27 2010, 03:43 AM) *
So how's the Web.comic.com going? Would love to help but I found my front door again.

Who stole it this time? The police? The OAPs from the home down the road?
Massacre
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jun 26 2010, 03:25 PM) *
"We"? I thought this was a project you were doing alone.

I was, until Dup proved himself to be the only useful member of the forums. Now he's doing loads of work, and I'm sketching things that won't even be uploaded here for another week.
DiO
I didn't know you were good at drawing...
Massacre
I've been told I am. Dup is likely better, but I can't remember if he's ever posted anything hand-drawn. It mind end up with him taking my sketches and making them presentable.
Massacre
Your mom draws like a five year old retard.
asthenia
Why would you say that to yourself? (had to be done)

OT: How's the mobo coming along?
Massacre
The site I bought it from sold me a faulty one, so once D-O is done writing out my strongly-worded Canadian complaint, I'm returning it and getting another one somewhere else.
ViceMan
When he said mobo I thought he was talking about that award ceremony for niggers. Talk about racism, they have an award ceremony just for niggers. Oh, right, this isn't the asylum. *scurries back*
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.