iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > Red Dead Series > Red Dead Redemption
asthenia
The credits just rolled.

*wipes a tear away from eye*
DiO
A whole topic just for your gayness? locked.gif

I cried a little too.
PabloHoneyOle
I have to admit, during the last John Marston mission, I got a little emotional in the barn scene where he sends Jack and Abigail away. Mostly because I knew what was coming, but I think the last few missions spent with Jack, reestablishing the father-son bond set up what was probably the only emotional moment I've ever had in gaming. My wife was in the living room and was like, "What's wrong with you?"

I'll miss you, John Marston.
Massacre
I was mostly just pissed off, but I got a little sentimental.
bOnEs
i saw it coming too... something told me it was a "calm before the storm" when the family missions were happening... when john told his wife and kid to leave, i got goosebumps... it was an emotional swing at that point and really set up that final showdown between him and 20 lawmen...

it was one hell of a ride, that's for sure...
Massacre
So how many lawmen did you guys kill before John died?

I made it halfway through. Was hoping I could kill them all and John wouldn't die. lol.
DiO
I was pissed. I was like, fuck that shit. Lemmie get good cover and take these motherfuckers out. I can handle it.

edit

I had 5 medicine too. I'd be fine as fuck.
asthenia
Hell yeah. As soon as Dutch died I felt the lump in my throat building up, then going home to that song, I jumped straight into the missions and started playing happy families again for a while, and seeing as some fuck ruined the end for me, everytime John told Jack he wasn't going anywhere it just made it a little bit worse. Then ofcourse, John's death. I can never forgive Rockstar for it, because it hurt so much. He's definitely my favourite R* character of all time, and that's what made the ending so much better.

I've also been super emo'y recently cause I just came out of a 6 year relationship and took solace in gaming.. WRONG game to wile away your days with while moping around.

R.I.P. John Marston .. I can't wait to get my HD tv and replay the whole game again.
Massacre
QUOTE (DiOtard @ Jun 15 2010, 01:22 PM) *
I was pissed. I was like, fuck that shit. Lemmie get good cover and take these motherfuckers out. I can handle it.

edit

I had 5 medicine too. I'd be fine as fuck.
Not to mention the barn's loft overlooking the ranch. He didn't even have to go out there.

I think the idea was that John figured that even after he killed the guy from the Bureau, there would still be people coming after him and putting his family in danger. He sacrificed himself to protect his wife and kid.
bOnEs
i only managed to kill 3 lawmen at the end... i knew it was a lose-lose situation so, i tried to take out as many as i could... 3 wasn't very many but, next time i do that mission, i am taking down as many with headshots as i can target in the short amount of time i have... i wanna waste like 10 of them... i might bust out the mauser for that one... 15 shot clip i think...
ViceMan
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Jun 15 2010, 06:33 PM) *
i only managed to kill 3 lawmen at the end... i knew it was a lose-lose situation so, i tried to take out as many as i could... 3 wasn't very many but, next time i do that mission, i am taking down as many with headshots as i can target in the short amount of time i have... i wanna waste like 10 of them... i might bust out the mauser for that one... 15 shot clip i think...

You can't choose which weapon you start the scene with can you? Oh and don't forget to take down Archer Fordham.
bOnEs
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jun 15 2010, 01:46 PM) *
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Jun 15 2010, 06:33 PM) *

You can't choose which weapon you start the scene with can you? Oh and don't forget to take down Archer Fordham.

i didn't get him the first time... i won't miss him the next time biggrin.gif...
asthenia
I always fucking hated Fordham more than Edgar. What happened to him? Why didn't Jack go after him too?
ViceMan
QUOTE (Asthenia @ Jun 15 2010, 06:59 PM) *
I always fucking hated Fordham more than Edgar. What happened to him? Why didn't Jack go after him too?

I thought he was more polite towards John and showed him a bit of repsect.
Massacre
He pointed a gun at him in every other cutscene...
asthenia
Ross was a condescending asshole who knew exactly how to twist John to get him how he wanted him. Fordham was a straight up cunt, who nearly showed his better side while rescuing Nastas, but then went back to being a straight up cunt.

My opinion ofcourse...
DiO
I was figuring they were saving Fordham for DLC missions but I guess if you can kill him in the duel then nvm.
asthenia
I don't actually remember killing him in the Duel, I looked for him and Ross ... Does anyone know if you can take Fordham down? It'd be cool if that was tied up in the DLC but I can't see what else Jack could do.... Go and see Bonnie? v.gif Pick up where his dad left off and throw her husband out? wink.gif
DuffMan
QUOTE (Massacre @ Jun 15 2010, 05:51 PM) *
I was mostly just pissed off, but I got a little sentimental.

Yeah. Jack Marston comes across as a fucking pussy. The voice just isn't the same when he tries to threaten people in cutscenes.
Massacre
You actually played it to completion? Cool.

Also, does "Work, ya damn nag!" fill you with as much hatred as it does me?
BAMF
I finished the story yesterday and almost immediately started John's story over again. Then played another two hours. thumbup.gif
DiO
QUOTE (BAMF @ Jun 16 2010, 09:14 PM) *
I finished the story yesterday and almost immediately started John's story over again. Then played another two hours. thumbup.gif

Make sure you did the last strangers missions you find in blackwater. If the credits didn't roll, you didnt beat the game. Im just saying cause you said almost immediately.
BAMF
QUOTE (DiOtard @ Jun 16 2010, 09:20 PM) *
QUOTE (BAMF @ Jun 16 2010, 09:14 PM) *

Make sure you did the last strangers missions you find in blackwater. If the credits didn't roll, you didnt beat the game. Im just saying cause you said almost immediately.

Yes. I went to the (long as fuck with no game footage) credits before immediately starting over. Thanks for asking. By that time I'd had enough exposure to Jack that I just saved the game to revisit him another day. Sometimes Jack sounds like a young George Bush. LOL. Annoying. scooter.gif
DiO
A friend of mine didnt even do the killing edgar ross missions. I bet a lot of people did that. Good thing I told him about it.
Chicago51
Finshed it yesterday myself. I got great great satisfaction out of putting a full clip into that bastard right between the eyes. Especially since I was intentionally using the gun he gave John.

BTW Does anyone know if you can get The Obscuridad del Santo Andres while playing as Jack?
asthenia
QUOTE (Chicago51 @ Jun 18 2010, 11:53 AM) *
BTW Does anyone know if The Obscuridad del Santo Andres while playing as Jack?

What? If you're asking if you can get it - yes. I've got it.
Chicago51
Sorry i left a few words out there... Did you recieve it while playing as John or Jack?

I've only got the fame and honor up high enough to get it now. I was wondering if ya had to get it before the credits rolled.
ViceMan
Is there a second cross that you're given, cause i've only had one so far, I think it was while I was still playing as John.
asthenia
QUOTE (Chicago51 @ Jun 19 2010, 02:48 PM) *
Sorry i left a few words out there... Did you recieve it while playing as John or Jack?

I've only got the fame and honor up high enough to get it now. I was wondering if ya had to get it before the credits rolled.

No sir, I killed pretty much every nun I saw as John... He had... Christ issues. I got it as Jack, this morning.
Massacre
Dude, your sig is freaking me out. I gotta stop smoking and then logging onto the forums...
Spoiler
Ah shit, those spoiler tags are the fucking most effective reverse physiological tools. i can't help but keep reading them.
DuPz0r
I know it's horribly awesome isn't it? Oh and John Dies, so Does his wife, but we don't know how, maybe natural causes. Jack takes over and gets revenge on the guy that killed his father, even though he was one of the guys i killed with my dead eye at the end of Johns last mission in the barn where he gets shot to shreds. Is that enough spoiler taggage for ya?
asthenia
Dup you're a huge dickhead. Nawh, I'm just kidding. You're not. Oh and Spoiler, (lol, what a name for this topic) and the guy from Deadalus & Son dies.

Sorry Massy. Every single time I look at it I laugh pretty hard. Now to say something relevant to the topic...

There's only one cross that I know of.
Massacre
I laughed when I was sober, but high? Not so much.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.