Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: E3 2010
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > Other Gaming > Other Games
bOnEs
so, i guess microsoft has done their presentation... here's the highlights:

project natal renamed "kinect", and about a dozen shovel-ware games announced too...
gears of war 3 announced/previewed
a new forza game announced
metal gear rising debut trailer revealed
M$ ponies up and purchases first rights to call of duty: black ops DLC, and for all future call of duty games as well (go figure)
fable 3 previewed
halo: reach previewed
ESPN live-on demand revealed (sounds cool IMO)
new xbox 360 design, more slimmer, includes hard drive and built-in wifi... on sale NOW

nothing that we didn't already know about to be honest... kind of lackluster if you ask me... nintendo and sony will take their turns tomorrow... hopefully they do something more exciting than this because, quite frankly, i'm a little disappointed in this... i thought for sure there would be some cool new IP announced but, all they revealed is the same 'ol same 'ol microsoft stuff... plus, apparently the kinect failed to impress anyone in attendance... ouch...

i am guessing the biggest cheers came from the footage of metal gear solid:rising... that game looks badass, check out a trailer if you can... it's sword-play at it's finest biggrin.gif...
Massacre
How the fuck did I miss Fable? I haven't left the TV for two hours.
DuPz0r
I missed E3 this year. With my wedding and staying with family this week, it completely slipped my mind tbh.

Anyway, MGS sounds good.
bOnEs
QUOTE (Massacre @ Jun 14 2010, 04:30 PM) *
How the fuck did I miss Fable? I haven't left the TV for two hours.

i don't know... i am just re-posting what some website saw... all E3 related articles are blocked at work... the king had 2 kids, one rules and the other is an adventurer... the latter is you...
JamieMilne
just not long finished watching ubisoft's conference, that was weird lol. a lot of stuff that i didnt care about, and a few good things, new assassins creed biggrin.gif, new amazing looking DRIVER. ghost recon looked pretty cool and a decent enough game, usty love ghost recon games but grew apart from them when advanced warfighter was released, so probly wont pick this one up.

think im going to get natal, it looks cool but not as great as the hype suggests, the animal game would be cool to play with my niece.
Zacko
I wanna know what the announcement from Valve is. It'll probably end up being Left 4 Dead 14 or some shit but fuck it, I'm gonna be a stupid optimist and hope it's Source Engine 2 or something Half Life related.

It's apparently not Portal 2?
Massacre
Portal 2 is already confirmed and Game Informer did a huge article, but everything I've read still has Portal 2 as Valve's presentation.
Kamahl
QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Jun 14 2010, 03:31 PM) *
I missed E3 this year. With my wedding and staying with family this week, it completely slipped my mind tbh.

Anyway, MGS sounds good.

You are not late... Today was just the first day... The sony and nintendo presentations are tomorrow (today in the UK)
Massacre
Damn. Nintendo fucking brought it this year. Not bad, guys.
asthenia
Really? Breakdown? I've got to head out.
bOnEs
yea they did... a new zelda game, a new donkey kong, a new kirby, a 007 goldeneye re-boot, and of course, the 3DS, with a kick-ass lineup of games...

- Nintendogs + Cats
- Kingdom Hearts
- Resident Evil
- Metal Gear Solid
- DJ Hero
- Professor Layton
- Saints Row
- Street Fighter IV
- Assassin’s Creed
- Splinter Cell

and these all look really good... the 3DS might have a small HD screen on it or something because, these games look sharp... plus, you don't need glasses and the ability of the 3D can be adjusted to your liking... metal gear 3D looks really good... damn, i am a bit jealous... i might have to buy me one of these...

good luck sony, i think nintendo just took a commanding lead...

EDIT: other games announced are pac-man party, kid icarus, new pokemon stuff, some mario sports games, conduit 2, and a new raving rabbits game too... goddamn nintendo!! that's a show!!
PabloHoneyOle
Alright, I have already mapped out my gaming for the next six months. I'm probably not going to be getting any new games (although I did just pick up Mass Effect 2 for $20 - thanks to TwoFaceTanner) until this schedule begins and play my extensive backlog as opposed to the meager summer release schedule.

9/14: Halo Reach
10/19: Fallout New Vegas
11/16: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
1/25: Dead Space 2

Other than that, there are a few gems for the 360 that might catch my eye. Fable 3 looks good, but it releases a week after Fallout NV. When Fable 2 and Fallout 3 were released within a week of each other two years ago, I made the mistake of going with Fable 2 instead of Fallout 3 with my $60. Won't make that mistake again...

I also liked the looks of the Pirates of the Caribbean game. Call me a total faggot, but it looks like it has some potential. There's also a new SAW game coming out. I'm still in the middle of the first, so if I finish that and feel compelled to play the sequel, that will be available. Metal Gear Rising looks interesting, but I haven't played any of the other games to know whether or not it'll be worth a shit. So, we'll see.

I have decided I'm not getting Kinect, it's way too lame. I'll pick it up next summer when it's $60 with all the games included, just so I can play with the fake tigers while my dogs get neglected.

Massacre
Saints Row was a big shock. I was watching the 3DS reveal when they showed the giant wall of companies supporting the system. I saw the THQ logo and wondered, What could THQ be making - Oh shit!
bOnEs
dude, i am with you on that pirates game... i have been waiting for YEARS for a decent pirate game and this one sounds really fucking good... the last decent pirate game was sid meier's pirates, and that was like 15 years ago mad.gif... this one is an open-world adventure so, i will definitely keep my eyes on it closely...

i might pass on the new assassin's creed though... it all depends on what the gaming landscape looks like when it releases... i will be very very selective with games this fall because, i don't want to waste my money on something that will sit on a shelf because i am still too busy playing fallout: new vegas...

sony's press conference has begun... everybody is expecting HUGE announcements so, stay tuned...
Massacre
QUOTE (Stoic Person Eater @ Jun 15 2010, 01:59 PM) *
Other than that, there are a few gems for the 360 that might catch my eye. Fable 3 looks good, but it releases a week after Fallout NV. When Fable 2 and Fallout 3 were released within a week of each other two years ago, I made the mistake of going with Fable 2 instead of Fallout 3 with my $60. Won't make that mistake again...

I don't have friends or a wife or a job or a pet that requires maintenance (my cat takes care of himself), so I have enough disposable income and free time to buy them both. I'll probably take some time off from Fallout to beat Fable III and prolong my New Vegas time even more.

The downside is that there's nothing coming out this summer. I imagine you'll have to play RDR with me online until the Fall.

Wait, what is this Pirate shit? I haven't heard about this at all.
PabloHoneyOle
Oh, also The Force Unleashed 2, but I might wait on that one and ask for it for Christmas or something.

QUOTE (Massacre @ Jun 15 2010, 03:16 PM) *
I don't have friends or a wife or a job or a pet that requires maintenance (my cat takes care of himself), so I have enough disposable income and free time to buy them both. I'll probably take some time off from Fallout to beat Fable III and prolong my New Vegas time even more.

The downside is that there's nothing coming out this summer. I imagine you'll have to play RDR with me online until the Fall.

Wait, what is this Pirate shit? I haven't heard about this at all.

Let me know when you're online. I plan on playing RDR MP for a good portion of the summer, especially with the new co-op packs coming out soon.

Also, you're a lucky fucker for not having shit to do. The only time I regret getting married is when it comes to gaming.

Just checked out the 3DS. Looks incredible, but I'm not really looking to advance past my Gameboy Advance in portable gaming. I might get a DS down the road, but I don't really have much time for handheld gaming.
Massacre
I'll have to remember to get online in the evening, I have a tendency to only get on in the middle of the day. I'll hit you up if I see you online, though.
Kamahl
Im watching Sony's conference right now on IGN and they just showed the Gran Turismo 5 video!!!! NOVEMBER FUCKING 2ND 2010!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had an orgasm watching that video
Massacre
Twisted Metal looks good.
bOnEs
well, that was... interesting...

- a bunch of 3D talk
- killzone 3
- Motorstorm: Apocalypse
- Gran Turismo 5
- Sly Collection
- Crysis 2
- Mortal Kombat
- Shaun White Skateboard
- Ghost Recon: Future Soldier
- Tron: Evolution
- NBA:2k11

all the above are in 3D too...

- playstation move stuff... demo of games comes with move...
- playstation move priced at $49.99 (now that's a perfect price, i might get it now)
- sorcery (exclusive PS3 move game) - this actually looked pretty sweet, watch a video if you can
- tiger woods looked fun with the move (if you are an avid golfer like myself)

- PSP stuff - over 70 titles to be released by end of year (holy shit)
- new god of war for PSP

- littlebigplanet2 revealed and previewed
- playstation network plus (PSN+) announced, will not effect current free online, only adds more features for those that want to pay for them like exclusive betas, free PSN games and other free stuff... $50/year
- new metal of honor and dead space games to have exclusive PS3 content
- portal 2 for the PS3 announced, including exclusive stuff
- final fantasy XIV trailer
- assassin's creed: brotherhood has exclusive content too
- GT5 release date finally announced
- infamous 2 trailer (fucking SWEET!)
- twisted metal gameplay footage

overall, i think nintendo had a better show but, sony no doubt was better than microsoft... now that all of this shit is over, we can get to the stuff that really matters... and that's the games... the rest of the week will be devoted to those, including the ones already mentioned at these press conferences...

if only R* were there sad.gif... i am the most interested in what they have to offer...
Massacre
They're not saying jack shit about Saints Row 3. Red Faction: Guerilla came out after Saints Row 2, But Red Faction: Armageddon was announced now, with no SR3 in sight. Fuck Red Faction, I want my GTA clone.

Also, G4 had a brief hands-on demo of New Vegas. Shit was purdy. There's a new plasma-based heavy weapon. It's still semi-automatic like the other plasma weapons, though.
bOnEs
damn, i'll have to check that out when i get home... i lost power when i finally sat down at my computer last night so, i didn't get to check all those damn gaming websites that are blocked at work...

i'd like a saints row 3 announcement too... i heard rumors that it's knee deep in production so, it's surprising that they haven't mentioned anything about it yet... has volition/THQ already done their presentation?
Massacre
I'm not sure. If they got stage time like EA and Ubisoft did, G4 didn't cover it. Scouring the webs now.
bOnEs
so, not much is happening today, huh?? watched the gameplay video for new vegas but, that's about all i've found today...
Massacre
G4 doesn't start covering anything today until 6 pm, I don't know about everyone else.
Massacre
Saints Row 3 was pulled from E3 at the last minute, they're gong to debut it at the 2010 Spike TV Awards in December. Apparently, they've spent a year completely rebuilding the tech for the game, which is good, because SR2's graphics were complete shit. SR1 had better graphics. Also, there's going to be a movie, which will be horrible.

I'm hoping the Saints Row movie will go the way of the Halo movie and be forgotten before something embarassing happens.
ENVi3
Twisted Metal is coming to PS3.
that is all I need to know from E3.
Massacre
Did you see the footage from the reveal?
ENVi3
you mean this one http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/06/15/...tedmetal_061510 ?
or the David Jaffe interview/gameplay?
the teaser trailer looks pretty great, but the gameplay video is hopefully still the game in early stages, because I didn't see much improvement from PS2's TM:B
Massacre
Yeah, the trailer + Sweet Tooth "live appearance" combo.
bOnEs
QUOTE (Massacre @ Jun 17 2010, 02:33 PM) *
Saints Row 3 was pulled from E3 at the last minute, they're gong to debut it at the 2010 Spike TV Awards in December. Apparently, they've spent a year completely rebuilding the tech for the game, which is good, because SR2's graphics were complete shit. SR1 had better graphics. Also, there's going to be a movie, which will be horrible.

I'm hoping the Saints Row movie will go the way of the Halo movie and be forgotten before something embarassing happens.

that's pretty cool to know, actually... they know they have a very profitable franchise so, why not put a little more work into that aging engine... i didn't have a problem with the graphics but, i did have a problem with the physics... waaaaay too arcadish...
ENVi3
QUOTE (Massacre @ Jun 17 2010, 04:19 PM) *
Yeah, the trailer + Sweet Tooth "live appearance" combo.

yeah, it looked badass. I haven't played any Twisted Metal in years, so I'm pretty sure I'm pretty rusty. I just don't want to get pwnd online.
Massacre
I didn't even play the PS2 Twisted Metal, so I know I'm out of practice.

I want that ice cream truck, though.
bOnEs
is it a crime to admit that i didn't like twisted metal?? then lock me up...
Massacre
I didn't have Fallout or GTA back then, so I thought it was good times.
bOnEs
i didn't really get excited about it too much this year... it seems like the only thing exciting so far has been fallout new vegas footage, the metal gear solid rising trailer, and the re-releases of a few PS2 games in HD like MoH: frontline and the sly cooper series... but no rockstar, which meant no agent, no LA noir, no GTA, no RDR DLC... it was all about the move and the kinect, of which both failed to truly impress... nintendo showed that they are ready to move on to the next level, while microsoft showed nothing new... sony had the 3D but, they were still following in nintendo's shoes with the move...

3rd place: microsoft... only the star wars demo showed that the kinect had come 'core potential... otherwise, it almost looked like they were clinging onto their well known franchises like gears, halo, and fable... all the while trying to steal the wii crowd from nintendo... metal gear rising was definitely the highlight of the show IMO...

2nd place: sony... while a little more impressive with their motion-controls, they still failed to show anything quite impressive... sorcery looked cool, heavy rain and killzone 3 are suppose to be compatible but, i am still not impressed yet... the 3D stuff is impressive but, it's still years away from being mainstream... the games showcased were decent but, when valve's gabe hit the stage and dropped the fact that steam was coming to the PS3, i was impressed... it could be the first signs of digital distribution on consoles... major stuff but, it still wasn't the best...

1st place: nintendo... they knew the competition came to show off their motion-controlled tech... so, they go in the opposite direction and show the old school hardcore crowd that they still have the games we all like... zelda, kirby, mario, donkey kong... and some older ones we forgot about like pilotwings kid icarus, and even pac-man... and then they show that they are on board with sony's vision of the future in 3D and release an almost-3D version of their handheld, including major franchises like metal gear, resident evil, saints' row, street fighter, etc...

it might not be "true" 3D but, if it's going to have hardcore style games as well as the 'core ones, i am down... it made me want to possibly buy a wii... and it's only because they announced the next zelda... the only one i have missed out on playing was majora's mask... i don't want to miss this one...
Massacre
I have to agree with the order you have there.

I'm a huge Gears fanboy, so Gears 3 was Microsoft's highlight for me. For Sony, it was definitely Portal 2, especially since that guy said they would never put Portal on PS3. Nintendo... God damn, they dominated the show. They've failed at E3 since the Wii first came out, and they've made up for it. I'm actually going to be reading Wii articles now, even though I'd never buy one. Probably going to aquire a 3DS (which I'm sure will be expensive as fuck) through a "friend" for a much lower price once Saints Row: Drive By comes out.

To me, the new motion controls won't be moving any systems for Sony or Microsoft unless they get a big name like COD or GTA to support it, and I guarantee R* won't be making a GTA compatible with Kinect or Move, so it's up to COD on that front. 3D, on the other hand, I can see hitting mainstream within the next five years, and most games, GTA included, will get on that. It's the next step up, like HD. Whatever can better immerse us in our games will set the new standard for the industry, and if that means stupid glasses and overpriced TV's, we'll still be on board.
bOnEs
trust me, in five years, i think glasses will be pointless, i hope... 3D is the future and, nintendo's idea of using two separate screens to trick you like those holographic DVD covers is quite impressive... it's a poor man's 3D, which might be the smartest move right now, at least until the true 3D becomes mainstream... i am seriously considering a 3DS right now, no matter if it is $250+... fuck the 360, i want a 3DS now laugh.gif... i got the GBA advanced SP (limited NES edition, lol) but, i have been looking to jump into the next handheld generation... i think i found the answer, especially if i can still play chinatown wars... hell, it even converts games and movies in to 3D, thanks to that holographic screen biggrin.gif...

i admit, i never played portal because, i am not a big PC gamer, nor have i owned an xbox... but, it sounds like a huge announcement, and the fact that gabe has done a complete 180, and joined the darkside in the process is unbelievable... he's bashed sony for years and now, he praises them for allowing him to release steam... microsoft didn't want it because, they are very strict with what their "live network" does but, the PS3 was interested in the idea of expanding theirs...

but yea, it's going to have to take a company like R* or a major franchise like gears, COD or GTA to turn non-believers into believers when it comes to the motion controls... and even then, your gimping the online experience because, your going to have to create separate servers for those using motion controls because, i don't care what anyone says, a controller will always have the advantage...

motion controls << controllers << PC controls

it will always be but, never change...
Massacre
lol, I have that SP around here somewhere, too.

But anyway, with all this talk of 3D and motion controls, I can't help but think about how far off virtual reality could be, or if it's even possible. I don't mean heavy plastic goggles hanging off of my head, either. I mean like Matrix shit (minus the giant headphone jack stuck in my brain), with a computer transmitting images directly into my mind, with my nervous system effecting my in-game avatar's movements instead of my own. Can it even happen? It's weird how often I think about it.
bOnEs
i like everything about that idea except for the thought that if i died in virtual reality, i would die in real life... that 's what scares me but otherwise, i would love to start to see something like that... remember this commercial??

Massacre
Well, in my mind, the tech doesn't transmit the pain of getting shot into your brain, it would use those FPS vests that thump you when you get shot. Have you seen those? Either that or it could incorporate some kind of muscle twitch when you get hit in the game, but no pain.

Also, I can't watch that video, because in addition to my broken desktop, my laptop died a few hours ago, so I'm now on my "last resort" pc, which can't update it's Flash Player for some reason.
bOnEs
QUOTE (Massacre @ Jun 17 2010, 11:04 PM) *
Also, I can't watch that video, because in addition to my broken desktop, my laptop died a few hours ago, so I'm now on my "last resort" pc, which can't update it's Flash Player for some reason.

Click to view attachment

lol laugh.gif... although, mine is for the "very" latest update and i am just ignoring it laugh.gif...
Massacre
Well, the Flash on this computer hasn't been updated in years. I'm too lazy to figure out why, I usually just ignore all videos until I can use the good PC's.
bOnEs
i usually ignore most PC updates and things... i really don't put much effort into maintenance, i just run my virus programs and occasionally update stuff... which is why i don't spend money on new PC's very often...
bOnEs
ok so, this is the first time i've watched the kirby trailer... is it just me or does this look really fucking sweet?

ViceMan
Well what a surprise, i've heard nothing that has interested me, not that I expected anything to of course. I'm not following this shite anyway.
DuPz0r
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Jun 20 2010, 06:01 PM) *
ok so, this is the first time i've watched the kirby trailer... is it just me or does this look really fucking sweet?

That was pretty retro. Really brought back memories of the old one on NES. It looked good aesthetically to. Really nice art direction.
Massacre
Bump-worthy, I promise.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.