Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Missions you're stuck on
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > Red Dead Series > Red Dead Redemption
coreyko_2003
So yeah, what missions are you guys having trouble with........Personally, I'm stuck on West Dicken's second horse race......because that damn horse was fuckin slow >_>

Psy
Buy some Horse pills? Or can you not use them if you've got to drag a cart? The best technique for running with horses is to tap sprint after every 3 gallops by the horse. You'll pretty much have unlimited stamina and you'll be going at full speed too.
Chicago51
I generally double tap A then hold A. Double tap then hold. It seems to work well. Also try to stayon the road as much as possible. The horse slows down alot on the grass.
coreyko_2003
QUOTE (Psy @ Jun 14 2010, 02:03 AM) *
Buy some Horse pills? Or can you not use them if you've got to drag a cart? The best technique for running with horses is to tap sprint after every 3 gallops by the horse. You'll pretty much have unlimited stamina and you'll be going at full speed too.

Oh, I'm past the cart race, I'm on the one in Rathskeller Fork........and didn't think to use horse pills....I'll give that one a try later. Thanx.
asthenia
Yeah horse pills and apples got me through that second one.
bOnEs
are you still using the kentucky saddler that bonnie macfarlane gives you after a certain mission?? if not, go out and tame another one because, having the fastest horse in a horse race would greatly benefit you from the damn rubberband AI in a race...
DiO
Just buy the horse deed. Worth it.
ViceMan
I forgot to use the horse pills when I did this race (actually i've never used them.) I kept retrying it until I eventually won by forcing my way to the front on the 3rd turn from the end. blush.gif
bOnEs
QUOTE (DiOtard @ Jun 14 2010, 12:50 PM) *
Just buy the horse deed. Worth it.

at this juncture in the game, i doubt he has the money for one laugh.gif... i didn't get up to a thousand dollars until i was into mexico... and if he's playing tghe evil route, that horse deed will cost ya $1500 instead of $750... it's cheaper to just go to a horse spawning zone in new austin and rope another one until you get enough to buy the deed...

and by then, i would suggest taming the pure white hungarian half-bred in mexico to unlock that deed...
Massacre
I had two thousand dollars by the time I rolled into Mexico. You guys must not have spent as much time hunting as I did.
asthenia
I had about $1500 when I hit Mehico, I rarely spent anything at the beginning of the game. Hunted a fair bit, but when I got to West Elizabeth I started pissing money everywhere... Damn cities.
bOnEs
QUOTE (Massacre @ Jun 14 2010, 02:10 PM) *
I had two thousand dollars by the time I rolled into Mexico. You guys must not have spent as much time hunting as I did.

you must not of been buying a bunch of stuff like me... i was buying new weapons, maps, sometimes ammo, survivalist maps, rabbit's foot, outfit scrap pieces... yea, money was a bit tight for me until i started working on the mexican missions...
Massacre
I had money troubles at the beginning, until I found out that you eventually get all of the weapons in the game during the missions, then I was rich.
ViceMan
I have $20,000 at the moment... Throughout most of the game I had $1,000 or so.
Psy
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jun 14 2010, 07:07 PM) *

I have $19,000 with at least another $10,000 in my bag. Got about 70 wolves and about 30 grizzly's skinned which I need to sell. I'm seeing if the game stops you collecting any more once you get 99 lol
DiO
QUOTE (Psy @ Jun 14 2010, 05:13 PM) *

I have $19,000 with at least another $10,000 in my bag. Got about 70 wolves and about 30 grizzly's skinned which I need to sell. I'm seeing if the game stops you collecting any more once you get 99 lol

Lol. You would.
Chicago51
Money was never a prob for me. The only thing i wanted that i didn't have the money on me was 1 of the mexican safehouses.

Hell I even still have all the gold from the treasure hunting. I refuse to buy ammo. If i want ammo someone dies....
Psy
QUOTE (DiOtard @ Jun 14 2010, 10:52 PM) *

Lol. You would.

I can now confirm that once you collect 99 of any item (e.g. Wolf Pelt) the "MAX" logo appears over it in your Provisions and you can't carry any more smile.gif. You can still skin the animals though, although I only have 54 wolf Hearts, because you only get one from every 3 or 4 skinned solves, so maybe if I collect 99 hearts too it'll stop me skinning wolves. Who knows.
DiO
QUOTE (Psy @ Jun 15 2010, 07:53 PM) *
QUOTE (DiOtard @ Jun 14 2010, 10:52 PM) *

Lol. You would.

I can now confirm that once you collect 99 of any item (e.g. Wolf Pelt) the "MAX" logo appears over it in your Provisions and you can't carry any more smile.gif. You can still skin the animals though, although I only have 54 wolf Hearts, because you only get one from every 3 or 4 skinned solves, so maybe if I collect 99 hearts too it'll stop me skinning wolves. Who knows.

Safe to say that it would stop at 99.

Abotu about having horse deeds. I had one well before Mexico.
DuffMan
All the missions are easily passable without going on some grinding spree to get better weapons or horses, and you don't need pills. Just keep going at it, but you need some precision on a lot of the missions. The horses slow down far too much when you hit some weeds on the side of the road imo.
Massacre
Yeah, I went through the entire game without using any medicine, horse pills, etc. Mostly because I didn't remember I had it.
DuffMan
QUOTE (Massacre @ Jun 16 2010, 05:29 PM) *
Yeah, I went through the entire game without using any medicine, horse pills, etc. Mostly because I didn't remember I had it.

Yeah. Only time I was even aware was the first mission you use the gatling gun and it tells you to use them to protect yourself. I still said 'fuck no' to it, though.
Massacre
The only times I died during missions were if I fell off of something or got mauled by an animal I didn't see coming. Not really situations where you can use medicine, anyway.
bOnEs
i died in a wave of bullets a few times but, i never remembered to use any medicine... at least on my first playthrough... so far on my second one, i've been using stuff to refill the deadeye meter often because i have turned into a deadeye whore laugh.gif... i barely ever used deadeye on my first playthrough but, i use it all the time now...
ViceMan
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Jun 16 2010, 10:35 PM) *
i died in a wave of bullets a few times but, i never remembered to use any medicine... at least on my first playthrough... so far on my second one, i've been using stuff to refill the deadeye meter often because i have turned into a deadeye whore laugh.gif... i barely ever used deadeye on my first playthrough but, i use it all the time now...

I only used moonshine for a few of the challenges, but yeah I use deadeye a lot more now than when I first started, even when i'm replaying old missions.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.