Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mortal Kombat Reboot?
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > General > Entertainment
PabloHoneyOle
Found this while not working at work today:

Pretty awesome video. Possible reboot? E3 announcement?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0293429/
Hardcore Ottoman
Just saw this before class... pretty interesting. Time will tell if it's an awesome promo for a videogame or a trailer for a movie.
Heartless
Is it to much to hope for both?
Hardcore Ottoman
Dunno, but I love harlequin babies tongue.gif

Edit--This is for the movie. Fighting choreographed by Larnell Stovall.
DiO
Yah fuckin right. I just watched the old MK movie yesterday with NO knowledge of this. lol. Weird.
asthenia
Oh christ I can't wait.
Massacre
I didn't watch the video, but if it's the one I think it is, it's fake. There is a new game coming, though. Details at E3.
asthenia
Apparently the director made it to sell WB on the idea of a new one. I hope if it does become a reality then Reptile is made more like ... himself. Mortal Kombat games suck ass, unfortunately.
Massacre
While I'm thinking about it, the old MK movies were cool as fuck.
DiO
QUOTE (Massacre @ Jun 11 2010, 07:29 PM) *
While I'm thinking about it, the old MK movies were cool as fuck.

1at pretty good. 2nd one crappier. Cheesier but the fighting was decent. I know. I watched the 2nd yesterday and the first monday.
asthenia
They were cool when I was a kid, and the characters are still cool now, but watching some of the fight scenes on YT is straight up painful. Good for the time.
bOnEs
i like the fact that "black dynamite" himself is playing jax biggrin.gif but, i don't know... they're trying to go for that realistic serious tone that christopher nolan set with batman and, i am not sure if that will work with mortal kombat... how in the hell are they going to explain the undead shang tsung, the lightning powered raiden, or sub-zero?? what about the 4-armed goro... mileena??

i think it needs to stay a bit fantasy... the realistic approach will probably permanently kill the franchise... a new game was announced alongside this movie pitch, and the new game sounds promising... it's a throwback to the old-school 2D games, with improved fighting mechanics and one of the deepest fighting game stories ever...
Heartless
I think a gritty fantasy yarn is exactly what this movie climate needs right now.
bOnEs
QUOTE (NukaLurk @ Jun 14 2010, 04:47 PM) *
I think a gritty fantasy yarn is exactly what this movie climate needs right now.

a gritty fantasy setting would be sweet but, this realistic approach just screams boring...
Heartless
When I saw this video I thought of the original Saw movie. It doesn't look great, but I'm compelled to watch.
bOnEs
i'll give it a go when it gets to DVD, no doubt about it... i don't go to the theaters to see movies much anymore... too expensive for lackluster entertainment... plus, everything is in 3D now and it's no better than 2D...
Handsome B Wonderful
Hmm. This could be decent. In a Resident Evil "hey this is ok for a movie about a game zomg boobies yuck cgi hey this is kinda shit but it aint Uwe Boll" kind of way. Hopefully the idea of a Streetfighter reboot stays buried along with Van Damme's acting career.
DiO
QUOTE (Hot Stud @ Jun 21 2010, 09:08 PM) *
Van Damme's acting career.

Lol. Apparently his last movie was pretty good.
Massacre
He hasn't killed himself yet?
DiO
QUOTE (Massacre @ Jun 21 2010, 10:24 PM) *
He hasn't killed himself yet?

No. But he actually plays himself in the movie. Its called JCVD. I downloaded it but it didnt have subtitles.
DuPz0r
I like the look of this. I like how they've evolved the characters some more, given them a better backstory. This will be one to watch for me, as I've always loved MK (more than Street Fighter).
Hardcore Ottoman
Well, hopefully not in terms of gameplay. Street Fighter is still much more fun to play than the original Mortal Kombats.
cuda is your boi
never liked MK, too damn slow.

the movies are FUCKING terrible as well.
Bulkstack
Loved the games, Loved the films and i loved dressing up in my thunderbirds costume wearing y fronts on my face (closest i had to a ninja outfit) then fighing brother pretending to be sub zero.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.