Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My curious mind,
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > Important Information > Website & Forum Problems & Discussion
demon
This fellow Zacko started to post on Sep 12 2004. It's funny that his join date is 4-July 2006. How did this happen?

I know this is not a problem and I almost posted it in the Asylum. I am just technically intrigued so please bear with me.
Heartless
The database has been dumped a few times; users lost, posts lost, whatever. It happens.
Qdeathstar
:-/. I'm almost sure i posted a reply in this topic. infact... i am sure..

great. First messed up quotes, now missing posts >.>

What i said was that the last time we switched Psy allowed some users to have their join dates be changed back to what they were pre-move. All you had to do was give the correct Unix time code. Probably what happened is that Psy coppied the time code wrong or Zacko provided the wrong one.
DuffMan
That was when Dunpeal gave Scrappy his admin account and he went on a deleting spree, wasn't it?
Heartless
QUOTE (DuffMan @ Jun 8 2010, 02:43 PM) *
That was when Dunpeal gave Scrappy his admin account and he went on a deleting spree, wasn't it?

I know we've lost cabin pressure a few times. Like, didn't Damien (or whoever) hack in and do the same once?
demon
QUOTE (NukaLurk @ Jun 8 2010, 07:27 AM) *
The database has been dumped a few times; users lost, posts lost, whatever. It happens.

Users lost... blink.gif
Will you look for me if I get lost?

QUOTE (Qdeathstar @ Jun 8 2010, 02:01 PM) *
:-/. I'm almost sure i posted a reply in this topic. infact... i am sure..

great. First messed up quotes, now missing posts >.>

What i said was that the last time we switched Psy allowed some users to have their join dates be changed back to what they were pre-move. All you had to do was give the correct Unix time code. Probably what happened is that Psy coppied the time code wrong or Zacko provided the wrong one.

When we were moved last September? The accounts was migrated/copied to this site so they should not need to have their join dates corrected. My join date didn't get messed up.

QUOTE (DuffMan @ Jun 8 2010, 08:43 PM) *

Holy shit! It sounds like a "good" story, if nothing else. I see they're not in the admin group now.

TreeFitty
They're talking about things waaay before your time
cuda is your boi
04 crew represent.

This forum has nice stories to tell.

DuffMan
QUOTE (Dickruler @ Jun 9 2010, 10:54 AM) *
04 crew represent.

This forum has nice stories to tell.

cool.gif
Qdeathstar
actually, i think the dates are off a bit.. i'm like 99% sure i joined in march of 04 not august..... but who cares.

EDIT: Yeah, it is off because it says Mello Yello joined the same day i did, but he was here before me because i remember when i first joined up he told me i was a newb and had no business trying to become a moderator.
asthenia
04 cool.gif

QUOTE (Qdeathstar @ Jun 9 2010, 01:29 PM) *
actually, i think the dates are off a bit.. i'm like 99% sure i joined in march of 04 not august..... but who cares.

EDIT: Yeah, it is off because it says Mello Yello joined the same day i did, but he was here before me because i remember when i first joined up he told me i was a newb and had no business trying to become a moderator.

August '04 was the first big database change I remember, when the forums stopped being built into the site. Everything was reset then.
Darth Sexy
I've been here way too long.
Heartless
After this long in the bush, I wish I hadn't used up all my 1-up 'shrooms. I mean, I'm still '04 and all, but I kind of wish my user number was lower like it was when I first joined. It's like a constant reminder of juvenilia.
SelfieDK
Have the Achievements ever gotten messed up? O.o'
demon
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Jun 8 2010, 06:24 PM) *
They're talking about things waaay before your time

Of course.

QUOTE (SelfieDK @ Jun 17 2010, 03:32 PM) *
Have the Achievements ever gotten messed up? O.o'

No, the achievements are a new feature from Sept. 2009. That was when the new site iGTA was launched. We used another site before that.
SelfieDK
Oh okay wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.