DuPz0r
Platform:
PS3

Ammunition:
Cannon x8
Turret gun x2
Enemy drops

What's happening:
We're going to see how long we can hold the fort, and try to get some of the bounty challenges at the same time. And we'll just go with the flow of course.

Time:
11pm GMT/6pm EST on the 7th of June '10.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The transporter is right outside it, so no travelling on foot.

It's the perfect location to rack up your bounty. I first stumbled across it alone in a private freeroam. I managed to get up to $4000 easy by myself, but then i found i was getting a bit raped from behind. So i did it again with just 1 friend and it was solid.

A group of us need to go and try this asap! If we can get two men on the cannons, one guy at the front door railing them with turret ammo, and one or two people guarding the front and back entrances, then we have a solid fortress to build our bounty up to sick heights!

Post back here if you're interested in this! (PS3)
DiO
Im down.
Hardcore Ottoman
I'm game too.
Psy
Me me me! I'll be on tonight any time after about 8 PM GMT.
asthenia
Can't say for sure but I'll be on around the same time as Psy if so.
Hardcore Ottoman
We need to set a time...
asthenia
Weren't most GTA matches from 11pm GMT? That makes 6pm EST, doesn't it?
DuPz0r
Sweet, I'll see you tonight then.

If 11pm GMT/6pm EST suits everyone then that's the time we'll meet?

I'll be on after about 8pm anyway, so that's fine with me.
bOnEs
i can't be there until like 9pm EST... you'll all probably be offline by then but, i would be totally down for holding the presidio fort... i want to get that "kill 500 enemies with a mounted gun" trophy and i think the only way to do it is online with friends at presidio... you don't kill enough enemies in the single player game to get this trophy...
DuPz0r
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Jun 7 2010, 04:07 PM) *
i can't be there until like 9pm EST... you'll all probably be offline by then but, i would be totally down for holding the presidio fort... i want to get that "kill 500 enemies with a mounted gun" trophy and i think the only way to do it is online with friends at presidio... you don't kill enough enemies in the single player game to get this trophy...

So true. I also need this trophy. I doubt I'll be on at 2am though man sad.gif I have to be up early.
asthenia
Same as DuP, I'm afraid... Surely we can hold a 2nd one in bOnEs' honor?
Hardcore Ottoman
I can do 9pm EST. Invite me whenever you're on. I'll probably be fucking around in story mode.
DuPz0r
QUOTE (Asthenia @ Jun 7 2010, 04:52 PM) *
Same as DuP, I'm afraid... Surely we can hold a 2nd one in bOnEs' honor?

Yeah of course. Meet-up games should be a regular thing! As long as everyone can get on each time.
bOnEs
well, i'll be online tonight so, i'll play with whomever is on... maybe a couple of my friends could join in on the action, if they're online... i'd like to do some trophy hunting soon because, all i have left is the online trophies...
DuPz0r
After close investigation, i now realize that there are 8 cannons and 2 turrets XD.png. They only appeared as blips on the map after i used them, i thought they were unusable before hand!
DiO
Sonds like we're gonna merk.
ViceMan
I doubt i'll be on, i've only just sorted out my multiplayer, turns out the actual save file data was corrupted, so all that re-levelling I did last night to get up to 27 was lost (again) as it was saved to the same corrupted file, i've now deleted that file and started from rank 1 for a third time, so hopefully everything's sorted out now, it's a good lesson in not turning your console off before it's saved... It's going to take a while to get back up to rank 47 again.
DuPz0r
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jun 7 2010, 08:16 PM) *
I doubt i'll be on, i've only just sorted out my multiplayer, turns out the actual save file data was corrupted, so all that re-levelling I did last night to get up to 27 was lost (again) as it was saved to the same corrupted file, i've now deleted that file and started from rank 1 for a third time, so hopefully everything's sorted out now, it's a good lesson in not turning your console off before it's saved... It's going to take a while to get back up to rank 47 again.

Damn that sucks. Maybe you should still come on and t-bag NintenDiO.

/edit

Had a good laugh with the people that made it. Maybe the short notice didn't help anyone. The next one we will plan a week or two in advance as with the GTA matches.

Me and Dio had a laugh towards the end. I had over $10k bounty as most wanted, and i needed to evade the police. But i was stuck up a tower in the fort for a good 20 minutes before i decided to make a run for it while Dio was Rambo-ing all the police for my escape. After all that effort i didn't even get the most wanted trophy! Maybe it was because we were in private freeroam or something... meh. I had a great laugh though, hope everyone else did.
Hardcore Ottoman
Whoops. I'm tired guys... I changed plans.
Psy
Same with me, it was like 10:45 PM and I just passed out lol. Was exhausted. If it's just the UK guys on one night can we not do it a bit earlier? Like 9 or something? And yeah Dup you need to be in a public match for that trophy.
DuPz0r
QUOTE (Psy @ Jun 8 2010, 08:28 AM) *
Same with me, it was like 10:45 PM and I just passed out lol. Was exhausted. If it's just the UK guys on one night can we not do it a bit earlier? Like 9 or something? And yeah Dup you need to be in a public match for that trophy.

Yeah i didn't realize i was in private until afterwards XD.png. I'm up for an earlier game btw.
bOnEs
where did you go DiO? confused1.gif... i went to take a piss and when i came back, you were offline...

oh well, i worked on my challenge list when you left... i got most of them up to level 4, and even got some of the harder ones like fall to your death 50 times, barrel-roll 50 times, travel 150 miles on horseback, etc... i am now hunting legendary characters too... but, none of the new titles are any good... i usually use "maniac militia member" but, i like "weed whacker" too laugh.gif...
Hardcore Ottoman
I think I'm using weed whacker too. Dup, set up a date so we can work out a good night.
DuPz0r
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Jun 8 2010, 03:27 PM) *
where did you go DiO? confused1.gif... i went to take a piss and when i came back, you were offline...

i am now hunting legendary characters too... but, none of the new titles are any good... i usually use "maniac militia member" but, i like "weed whacker" too laugh.gif...

Lmao i use the exact same ones. I think we should all use Maniac Militia Member and go on random freeroams sabotaging other players!

QUOTE (Pelican @ Jun 8 2010, 05:14 PM) *
I think I'm using weed whacker too. Dup, set up a date so we can work out a good night.

Yeah, i can't be on any time this week after tomorrow or next week before Thursday because I'm going away for a few days after i get married.
ViceMan
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Jun 8 2010, 03:27 PM) *

oh well, i worked on my challenge list when you left... i got most of them up to level 4, and even got some of the harder ones like fall to your death 50 times, barrel-roll 50 times, travel 150 miles on horseback, etc... i am now hunting legendary characters too... but, none of the new titles are any good... i usually use "maniac militia member" but, i like "weed whacker" too laugh.gif...

The legendary characters aren't worth it from what i've heard, two Walton gang members, an old lady and some old cowboy dude. When I get to 50 i'm staying there, don't want to ride no shitty bull either. And when I saw the Weed Whacker title I immediately thought of you, I myself use the Head Hollower one.

And I was having fun in the match last night until I got up to $4850 bounty and my game froze.
DuPz0r
Good game Vicey and bOnEs. I like the fact that we started off owning the fort, and then ending up freestyle team deathmatching everyone else in the game because they started to attack our fort!

Epic times.

I finally got the Most Wanted trophy too!
bOnEs
i was getting owned in the freeroam deathmatchin'... i wasn't concerned with the other guys trying to get into the fort because, i was only concerned with trying to get my mounted gun kills up... i did own a bit when i was in the fort but, when we all left, i kept getting sniped, it was like marney was playing or something mad.gif...

i'm about a hundred kills away from getting that mounted gun trophy... now i need to figure out how in the hell i am ever going to get a 8-man posse together... maybe we need to host another one of these so we can get a few people the posse trophy...
ViceMan
Those three guys that kept sniping everyone were annoying, since everyone was still in the fort they kept going for me. But when everyone left they started getting owned.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.