Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Buffalo gone
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > Red Dead Series > Red Dead Redemption
gators
ok i have beat dutch and just slowly doing the side missions with marstons, mainly exploring

i went crazy and killed maybe 30 buffalos, i know its been like three days and in the great plains there is no more? is it possible there is only that many, i have looked all over the great plains and tall trees and by mcfarland ranch and cant find them anymore. has this happen to anyone else?

BTW this happening on single player.
TwoFacedTanner
Come to think of it, there havent been any on my game either.

I know there is an achievement or trophy called manifest destiny where you kill the last buffalo and none come back.
Psy
Apparently by completing that trophy/achievement, you literally kill off the buffalo and they never respawn again on that game.
Hardcore Ottoman
Fucked up. Going to try this right now.
Assassin
QUOTE (Pelican @ Jun 5 2010, 09:48 AM) *
Fucked up. Going to try this right now.

Yeah it does sound a bit fucked up because you will never find buffalos again.
Hardcore Ottoman
You missed the irony of my response...
Assassin
No I saw the irony of your post I was just saying it does sound a little annoying.
ViceMan
There are 20 buffaloes, not 30. (And they're actually bison.)
DiO
Im gonna leave the poor buffalo alone. sad.gif
DuPz0r
Is there any challenges that require buffalo? I might leave whats left until after i get 100% (98% atm).

Erm... Bison burger anyone?
DiO
QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Jun 5 2010, 07:11 PM) *
Is there any challenges that require buffalo? I might leave whats left until after i get 100% (98% atm).

No challenges for buffalo. I'd rather see them booking around the plains instead of gettting a trophy.
Hardcore Ottoman
QUOTE (Assassin @ Jun 5 2010, 10:01 AM) *
No I saw the irony of your post I was just saying it does sound a little annoying.

What sounds annoying?
asthenia
QUOTE (DiOtard @ Jun 6 2010, 12:15 AM) *
QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Jun 5 2010, 07:11 PM) *

No challenges for buffalo. I'd rather see them booking around the plains instead of gettting a trophy.

To get the achievement I'm going to save in a new slot, kill them all, then reload my original save. Did it for the LeMat trophy too.
Assassin
QUOTE (Pelican @ Jun 6 2010, 09:04 AM) *

What sounds annoying?

Not being able to find buffalos again.
Hardcore Ottoman
QUOTE (Assassin @ Jun 5 2010, 08:06 PM) *
QUOTE (Pelican @ Jun 6 2010, 09:04 AM) *

What sounds annoying?

Not being able to find buffalos again.

Seamed like you were ripping on me...
ViceMan
So there are no buffalo left after you shoot them, big deal. The only reason you'd want them there anyway would be to shoot them and skin them, unless you like the idea of watching them frolick on the open plains.
Psy
You could always kill them all, get the trophy then not save the game so they'll still be there.
DiO
QUOTE (Psy @ Jun 6 2010, 05:23 AM) *
You could always kill them all, get the trophy then not save the game so they'll still be there.

Good idea

QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jun 6 2010, 04:24 AM) *
So there are no buffalo left after you shoot them, big deal. The only reason you'd want them there anyway would be to shoot them and skin them, unless you like the idea of watching them frolick on the open plains.

Yupp.
DuPz0r
Every time i try and kill them, at least one strays from the group and gets away while I'm concentrating on the groups. But i wait two or three days and that lone buffalo doesn't seem to return... any ideas?

Are you suppose to kill them all in one rampage or what?
DiO
QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Jun 6 2010, 02:17 PM) *
Every time i try and kill them, at least one strays from the group and gets away while I'm concentrating on the groups. But i wait two or three days and that lone buffalo doesn't seem to return... any ideas?

Prolly just gotta find the lone buffalo
ViceMan
QUOTE (DiOtard @ Jun 6 2010, 07:23 PM) *
QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Jun 6 2010, 02:17 PM) *

Prolly just gotta find the lone buffalo

Yupp.
PabloHoneyOle
I killed my last Buffalo yesterday.

Pretty tragic shit.

asthenia

You shot a buffalo?
ViceMan
I shot all the buffalo and got the trophy ages ago, but after playing today I found a lone one wandering the southern plains. At first I thought it was a boar.
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jun 7 2010, 03:17 PM) *
I shot all the buffalo and got the trophy ages ago, but after playing today I found a lone one wandering the southern plains. At first I thought it was a boar.

They don't respawn. It's likely you killed the last buffalo, got the achievement and then were killed before the game saved again.
ViceMan
QUOTE (Stoic Person Eater @ Jun 7 2010, 08:48 PM) *
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jun 7 2010, 03:17 PM) *

They don't respawn. It's likely you killed the last buffalo, got the achievement and then were killed before the game saved again.

Yeah possibly, and with my MP fucking up I did reload a different save.
DuPz0r
I found mine in the end. There was only one that got a way, but there was a bunch after about a week in-game. I actually found them by accident, where as when i was looking for them i never found them once. Bloody typical isn't it!

I got an evil file going on now!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.