Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The World Cup
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > General > Entertainment
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Kamahl
QUOTE (demon @ Jun 14 2010, 09:39 PM) *
It would be a refreshment if Spain and Netherlands met in the final.

Completely agreed. I want the winner to be a country that has never won it before... So im supporting Spain and then Netherlands (+ Germany cause im half german)
bOnEs

on second thought...
0bs3n3
Australia's first match, 4-0 loss to Germany. Pathetic.
demon
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Jun 15 2010, 02:09 AM) *

on second thought...

laugh.gif laugh.gif

Is that the Dutch flag?
Kamahl
Half time and Brazil 0 - North Korea 0

I expected North Korea to be like Saudi Arabia in other world cups, but they are actually decent... and the N 9 player is pretty good as well.
demon
QUOTE (Kamahl @ Jun 15 2010, 03:28 PM) *

I expected North Korea to be like Saudi Arabia in other world cups, but they are actually decent... and the N 9 player is pretty good as well.

How bad were the Saudis? Just bad or ridiculously bad?

I watched the second half of Brazil - North Korea. Neither team played very well, but I actually liked the Koreans because of their very polite and gentle attitude.

Last time North Korea was in the World Cup (1966), the players was incarcerated in a prison camp when they returned home, because the communist party was very displeased with their lack of success.

Kamahl
QUOTE (demon @ Jun 15 2010, 04:59 PM) *
QUOTE (Kamahl @ Jun 15 2010, 03:28 PM) *

How bad were the Saudis? Just bad or ridiculously bad?

I watched the second half of Brazil - North Korea. Neither team played very well, but I actually liked the Koreans because of their very polite and gentle attitude.

Last time North Korea was in the World Cup (1966), the players was incarcerated in a prison camp when they returned home, because the communist party was very displeased with their lack of success.

Well, in 2002 they lost their first game vs Germany 0-8... then 0-1 vs cameroon and then 0-3 vs Ireland. Then in 2006 2 losses and 1 draw.
Marney1
Switzerland 1 Spain 0 ohmy.gif
DuPz0r
I think North Korea actually played really well against Brazil. Up until they scored in the second half anyway, then they just fell apart. Very good defensive team, but not so good on the attack.
demon
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Jun 16 2010, 11:55 AM) *
Switzerland 1 Spain 0 ohmy.gif

Ya, can you believe it?

They can still get 6 or 4 points though. I don't know if 4 will be enough.
Indy
Apparently the football is crap lol
demon
QUOTE (Indy @ Jun 16 2010, 07:21 PM) *
Apparently the football is crap lol

The football (that is the ball) in this championship is apparently crap.
demon
Fraaance is probably out! snf (31).gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Mexico did a good match, I hope they get at least one point from Uruguay. I want Uruguay and Mexico to advance.
Marney1
There is something wrong with the ball but I can't put my finger on it. I think it seems too light, as though it's filled with helium and it seems to deflect like a bouncy ball. This may sound weird to anyone who doesn't really know the game but the ball just isn't right, but I don't think it can be blamed for any mistakes as both sides are using the same ball.
demon
The ball is light and unstable, the players says it's almost like a volleyball.
It's going faster and higher, and then it slows down and comes down quicker than old balls.

The balls are getting lighter and lighter almost every 4 years, I miss the good old heavy footballs. Those were like a meteorite.
Passionate Homo Sapiens Ingester

Ha, France suck balls.
Marney1
QUOTE (Pieface @ Jun 18 2010, 11:02 AM) *

That annoys the shit outta me!

On another note, I hope we see some of Rooney's fire tonight............or a fight at least.

DuPz0r
Yeah i really hope England show some of the good quality play they produced in the qualifying.

Anyone heard about Germany having used the WorldCup-football for a couple of months before the World Cup, where as no other team were aloud to use it...?
Marney1
QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Jun 18 2010, 05:53 PM) *
Yeah i really hope England show some of the good quality play they produced in the qualifying.

Anyone heard about Germany having used the WorldCup-football for a couple of months before the World Cup, where as no other team were aloud to use it...?

Really? Didn't do them any good anyway lol, beaten 1 - 0 by Serbia. Jumpy.gif
asthenia
Awful, awful, awful. I write us off. Fucking terrible playing.
Marney1
QUOTE (Αsthenia @ Jun 18 2010, 09:19 PM) *
Awful, awful, awful. I write us off. Fucking terrible playing.

WTF England? angry.gif
Bain
Wow england, how about you stop sucking at a sport you cherish. Enough of the lol Americans posts, England isnt much better. Personally, Im an ivory coast fan, since the last world cup. Not doin too well, but I have hope.
Marney1
I've still got hope, we're unbeaten!
ENVi3
w
QUOTE (Frog Choker @ Jun 17 2010, 06:36 PM) *
There is something wrong with the ball but I can't put my finger on it. I think it seems too light, as though it's filled with helium and it seems to deflect like a bouncy ball. This may sound weird to anyone who doesn't really know the game but the ball just isn't right, but I don't think it can be blamed for any mistakes as both sides are using the same ball.

It could be the Altitude too, I've heard that is also a factor to consider. Thinner air means less air resistance, so yeah.

Also, the USA deserved that goal.
DuPz0r
I seriously don't expect much from England any more. They were playing like the Women's England squad last night! The crowed booed them of the pitch, and Wayne Rooney had the cheek to moan about it after that performance. Yeah, one good thing is that they haven't lost a game yet, but at this level, we should be scoring, not just defending. The players were very hesitant on passing and even shooting at the goal.
QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Jun 19 2010, 10:33 AM) *
I seriously don't expect much from England any more. They were playing like the Women's England squad last night! The crowed booed them of the pitch, and Wayne Rooney had the cheek to moan about it after that performance. Yeah, one good thing is that they haven't lost a game yet, but at this level, we should be scoring, not just defending. The players were very hesitant on passing and even shooting at the goal.
The English women's squad is immeasurably more successful.
DuPz0r
QUOTE (Passionate Homo Sapiens Ingester @ Jun 20 2010, 11:10 PM) *
QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Jun 19 2010, 10:33 AM) *
The English women's squad is immeasurably more successful.

Yeah true lol. But they are still women, it's a different league!
cuda is your boi
I'm proud of my country today.
ENVi3
QUOTE (Dickruler @ Jun 21 2010, 08:33 AM) *

yeah that 7-0 was humiliating for North Korea.
DuPz0r
QUOTE (ENVi3 @ Jun 21 2010, 07:50 PM) *
QUOTE (Dickruler @ Jun 21 2010, 08:33 AM) *

yeah that 7-0 was humiliating for North Korea.

lmao!

I have the feeling The North Koreans are going to be sentenced: Stoned to death when they get home.... ohmy.gif
TreeFitty
Sadly that's probably true.
Handsome B Wonderful
At least Australia doesn't have the worst defeat at this world cup now...

To be honest, the Asian teams have stunk several shades of shit. I wouldn't be surprised if they drop our region back to 3 spots in 2014.

P.S Hi folks, HBW here.

Marney1
QUOTE (Hot Stud @ Jun 22 2010, 01:27 AM) *
At least Australia doesn't have the worst defeat at this world cup now...

To be honest, the Asian teams have stunk several shades of shit. I wouldn't be surprised if they drop our region back to 3 spots in 2014.

P.S Hi folks, HBW here.

Hello Handsome, I reckon there's more cock-ups and suprises to come yet. This World Cup is real weird!
cuda is your boi
http://twitter.com/DPRK_FA

haven't laughed this hard in weeks
Spoiler
SEOUL (AFP) - North Korea made good on its promise to carry the World Cup clash with Portugal live but a hail of goals from the European side left the commentator speechless, South Korean media reported Tuesday.

The communist state's Korean Central TV Broadcasting Station had aired recorded footage of the team's first group match against Brazil.

The North, making their first World Cup appearance for 44 years and ranked lowest among the finalists, put up a dogged defence against the five-time champions from South America before going down 1-2.

Apparently encouraged, the station aired Monday evening's game in real time -- reportedly the first-ever live World Cup broadcast in the football-mad nation.

A commentator expressed disappointment when Portugal scored their first goal 29 minutes into the first half, according to South Korean media that monitored the broadcast.

The North Koreans should have been more alive to the forward threat posed by Cristiano Ronaldo's team, he said. "If we play our own style of game, we will be able to score."

The hopes were soon to be shattered. Portugal added an avalanche of six goals in the second half to knock the scoreless North out of the tournament.

The broadcast ended immediately after the final whistle.

I'll forget about England. i have a feeling Brazil will get their 6th title.
Hardcore Ottoman
Yes! USA is still in!
DuPz0r
Yes, England is still in! biggrin.gif
ViceMan
Fuck, now i've got to put up with more of the mindless enthusiasm some people insist on spouting. Why couldn't they just lose.
Handsome B Wonderful
England v Germany...

I'm going to have to sellout and go for England, purely because the Germans are a pack of dunces. Dunces who beat Australia 4-0, mind you.

Fuck me, the top half of the Final 16 is poor. To think a team out of Uruguay, South Korea, USA, and Ghana will make the semi finals is beyond shit.
Kamahl
QUOTE (Hot Stud @ Jun 23 2010, 10:51 PM) *
England v Germany...

I'm going to have to sellout and go for England, purely because the Germans are a pack of dunces. Dunces who beat Australia 4-0, mind you.

Fuck me, the top half of the Final 16 is poor. To think a team out of Uruguay, South Korea, USA, and Ghana will make the semi finals is beyond shit.

I dont think Uruguay is a poor team at all... They are playing well, they got pretty good Strikers (Forlan and Suarez) and overall, its a balanced team. And they have won the world cup twice so its not a country without football history.
ENVi3
QUOTE (Kamahl @ Jun 24 2010, 01:35 AM) *
QUOTE (Hot Stud @ Jun 23 2010, 10:51 PM) *
England v Germany...

I dont think Uruguay is a poor team at all... They are playing well, they got pretty good Strikers (Forlan and Suarez) and overall, its a balanced team. And they have won the world cup twice so its not a country without football history.

Also, you can't ignore they don't have any goals against or losses (yet).
Even if they aren't an amazing team, I still think they've held down pretty well.
cuda is your boi
ololol italy

OUR DEAR LEADER HAS SENT BIG BOX OF TISSUES TO ITALIAN DRESSING ROOM. EACH TISSUE HAS PRINTED PICTURE OF HIM ON HOLIDAY.
Oh God. England's 1-0 thrashing of a country half the size of Scotland, featuring:

1. A goal scored off a striker's shin, then going through the goalkeeper's hands
2. Possibly the worst on-the-ball dive of the tournament
3. Running the ball into the corner for the last five minutes

Now qualifies as "very, very, very good" (Lawrenson), "convincing" (Hansen) and suggests that Germany's going to be a walk-over? I don't understand the English press.
DuPz0r
QUOTE (Passionate Homo Sapiens Ingester @ Jun 25 2010, 07:26 PM) *
Oh God. England's 1-0 thrashing of a country half the size of Scotland, featuring:

1. A goal scored off a striker's shin, then going through the goalkeeper's hands
2. Possibly the worst on-the-ball dive of the tournament
3. Running the ball into the corner for the last five minutes

Now qualifies as "very, very, very good" (Lawrenson), "convincing" (Hansen) and suggests that Germany's going to be a walk-over? I don't understand the English press.

lol. I didn't expect us to win that match, so even winning and getting through it a bonus for me. The English are weird like that. They can win against some of the hardest teams at times, but then get trampled by the crap ones...
Tell me about it, Scotland beat France home and away (before the shit age of French football) then losing to Georgia. You have no idea of the unique pain of being a Scottish football fan, it's a kind of righteous self-harm, like an Opus Dei-style flagellation.

Come on, Fritz.
cuda is your boi
fuck, one more opportunity for Spain to humiliate us, fuck my life.
DuPz0r
Well, England is out... The second goal was fucking in, but Germany would have still walked all over us anyway. Never mind. The better team won, simple as that.
TreeFitty
ooo esss ayyy is out too... fam (1).gif
Indy
what world cup?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.