Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The World Cup
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > General > Entertainment
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
cuda is your boi
todays matches were a disgrace, fuck the referee teams.
trathen93
Im goin to copy this one straight from facebook.

not one of them deserved to be on that pitch today. it was a disgrace, terry was awful and capello didnt have the balls to take rooney off, eventhough hes been shite. it was the worst footballing display i've seen in a long time.

summed up : absolute shite
Marney1
Don't mention the four!
Spoiler
4-1
DuPz0r
Bye bye Brazil. Good luck to this years under-dog teams!

Ghana VS Netherlands in the final would be epic.
Kamahl
QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Jul 2 2010, 11:12 AM) *

if ghana beats uruguay, theyll play against Netherlands in the semifinal so thats impossible... I want to see a Netherlands - Spain final
trathen93
QUOTE (Kamahl @ Jul 2 2010, 05:27 PM) *

if ghana beats uruguay, theyll play against Netherlands in the semifinal so thats impossible... I want to see a Netherlands - Spain final

Netherlands and spain would be fantastic. because either way there would be a team winning that I actually like.

If im honest though, I think germany may go all the way. They've just looked so good (god it pains me to say that)
DuPz0r
QUOTE (Kamahl @ Jul 2 2010, 05:27 PM) *

Ah really? i didn't see that far town the table. Meh well i want to see Ghana in the finals at least.
ENVi3
Uruguay vs Ghana !!!
what a game!
DuPz0r
Damn first penalty shoot-out? was pretty intense. bye bye Ghana :/
I dunno who to root for now. Maybe Netherlands.
ENVi3
I want to see Uruguay vs Argentina for the final, but I don't know who I want to win.
Handsome B Wonderful
Fucking lame arse Gyan! Now i have to listen to my friend boast about the money he's made because Uruguay made the semis.

Surely there should be a heavier punishment for directly handling the ball like Suarez did. A penalty shot isn't enough, because that ball was almost across the line, and would have been a certain goal. I know Gyan should have made that shot, but still. I say they bring in penalty goals, like rugby's penalty tries, for circumstances where certain goals are stopped by illegal means.

Anyway, i hope the Dutch whip their cheating butts in the semi final.

I'm hoping for a Netherlands V Argentina final.
DuPz0r
QUOTE (ENVi3 @ Jul 2 2010, 10:32 PM) *
I want to see Uruguay vs Argentina for the final, but I don't know who I want to win.

meh, i don't really want to see an all South American Final, it's too predictable. Everyone knows the South American play the best anyway...
ENVi3
QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Jul 2 2010, 06:41 PM) *
QUOTE (ENVi3 @ Jul 2 2010, 10:32 PM) *

meh, i don't really want to see an all South American Final, it's too predictable. Everyone knows the South American play the best anyway...

i guess that's true, I'm just sort of basing it on that they've both been pretty solid teams with no losses so far, but I guess that's true for some of the other teams in the quarter/semi-finals.
I'm just rooting for fellow Hispanics, lol.
ENVi3
I didn't get to watch the match (because I was sleeping) but that ARG 0-4 GER looks pretty humiliating.
I used to think Germany was a good team, but I guess they still are.
DuPz0r
QUOTE (ENVi3 @ Jul 3 2010, 06:47 PM) *
I didn't get to watch the match (because I was sleeping) but that ARG 0-4 GER looks pretty humiliating.

Germany have been on top form tbh. I wish England didn't have them in the second round, because we may have made it into the quarter finals! Never mind.
I don't want them to win the world cup though, but that's just a British thing!
ENVi3
QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Jul 3 2010, 03:06 PM) *

Germany have been on top form tbh. I wish England didn't have them in the second round, because we may have made it into the quarter finals! Never mind.

Well, I watched them in their Group matches and they didn't seem too amazing anymore, but I guess I was wrong. It seems some teams are playing better now, like Ghana I honestly didn't think they were that good until I saw them give the USA and Uraguay a good game.

We're down to the semi finals ... almost a week off from the Final.
Heartless
Germany versus the Netherlands, my opinion.
Kamahl
well right now it looks like Germany is going to win... i wanted a Spain - Netherlands final cause a team that has never won would win, but Germany has been playing really good so they kind of deserve to win (based on what we've seen so far and assuming nothing changes)
Heartless
I think it surprised everyone with that last match, especially 4 to nothing. That really is tops.
Passionate Homo Sapiens Ingester
QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Jul 3 2010, 09:06 PM) *

Speak for yourself, my friends (Norn Irsh, Welsh and Scottish) were watching the England game in Germany, and they got about 100 German fans to sing "you can stick yer fuckin chariot up yer arse" to the only two English folk there. The rest of the UK aren't picky about who beats England scooter.gif

Anyway, I made 150 off England going out in the second round, from 10. My other bet was Messi to get the golden boot, but you can't win 'em all. Was going to put another 10 on Germany to win after the Australia game, they were still 18/1. Could be cleaning up around about now...

A Germany vs Holland final would be fucking intense. There's nothing comparable in terms of British rivalries, which really just consist of blown-up smug-offs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Germany_and_N...ootball_rivalry
ENVi3
Semi-Finals are up.
Shame they're both on a weekday at 1:30PM CT, meaning I only get to watch till halftime and then I have to leave for work and then I won't find out what happened until I get home and see the score at about 2AM.
Heartless
QUOTE (Passionate Homo Sapiens Ingester @ Jul 4 2010, 09:29 PM) *
A Germany vs Holland final would be fucking intense. There's nothing comparable in terms of British rivalries, which really just consist of blown-up smug-offs.

Just watched Nederlands and Uruguay match and was surprised at how much of a fight Uruguay put into it. Holland scored an early two points before a surprise point from Uruguay. In the end I think it was 3 and 2, just as Uruguay dramatically made it for the goal. The ref blew the whistle just before it went in and, no surprise to anyone, Uruguay started to throw some punches.

Anyways, Germany is going to stop Spain. And then, as you said, an intense match up is next.
Hardcore Ottoman
I'm rooting for Spain. Fuck Germany. They're too likely to win and I don't like that.
Heartless
Germany always wins.
ENVi3
Spoiler
i bet against germany and suckers win by 4-Nil. they have the best goal keeper in this world cup. he CATCHES (not strike off or blocked off or whatever) but he CATCHES at least 10 potential goals by Argentina. and with that defense, they are really hard to beat. i hope that Spain could beat them tonite.

AND that Brazil game, suckers should be hanged. and i got stoned drunk on both nights (yeah the games are at 2.30am here).

cuda is your boi
Spain is not playing as it should, no matter how overpowered that midfield control of them is, they have a finishing problem, imo, Germany will take it, their counterattacks are the best I've ever seen, so much control, no panicking, perfectly played football.

If it ends up with a Holland vs Germany final, I'd like Holland to win really, but there are some crucial problems in the defense. Nevertheless, I still consider Robben and Schneider to be in the top 5 best players the world cup has seen, and both did stupidly well in the champions league.
cuda is your boi
ugh
Heartless
Can't believe Germany is out. HOLY FUCK. The Cup is going to suck.
cuda is your boi
idd

especially if Spain takes it, I'm going to drop a fucking nut...
Hardcore Ottoman
This is awesome. Fuck Germany. Viva Espana!
Kamahl
biggrin.gif

Spain - Netherlands! the final i wanted before the world cup started!
ENVi3
Honestly I don't know which team I want to win. It doesn't matter, I just hope it's a good game.
QUOTE (NukaLurk @ Jul 7 2010, 02:22 AM) *
QUOTE (Passionate Homo Sapiens Ingester @ Jul 4 2010, 09:29 PM) *

Just watched Nederlands and Uruguay match and was surprised at how much of a fight Uruguay put into it. Holland scored an early two points before a surprise point from Uruguay. In the end I think it was 3 and 2, just as Uruguay dramatically made it for the goal. The ref blew the whistle just before it went in and, no surprise to anyone, Uruguay started to throw some punches.

Anyways, Germany is going to stop Spain. And then, as you said, an intense match up is next.
This definitely didn't happen...

QUOTE (ENVi3 @ Jul 7 2010, 08:11 AM) *
England did a similar thing for 1998 or 2002.

It was something like

England
x
y
z
y
x
England

To which tartanarmy.net supplied the unified response:

1970: Nothing to do with England
1974: Nothing to do with England
1978: Nothing to do with England
...1998: Will be nothing to do with England
DuPz0r
Ultimate Golden Goal for the final aye ohmy.gif
Marney1
That was a severe karate kick Alonso took to the chest - ouch!
ENVi3
too many close shots, one of them has to go in or else it's penalty shots time.
DuPz0r
I think it will be awesome to get to Penalty shoot-out. Ultimate sudden death final to the world cup biggrin.gif

What a chance Spain just had!

Damn this Ref is strict. Seven yellow card for the Netherlands so far! I know some of them were legit, but half of them weren't even contacts.

1-0

Its about fucking time!
ENVi3
there's been a lot of fouls too, though.

GOL !
for Spain

times up!
DuPz0r
Wow what a game. Too many dives though tbh. But it was an aggressive game.
Marney1
Shit, Torres looks like he's done his hamstring in! sad.gif
cuda is your boi
lolol

The ref had no clue whatsoever. Fuck it. Spain is the new France for FIFA.
Indy
Did anybody else see that muay thai kick to the chest by 'de jong' loll?
Marney1
QUOTE (Indy @ Jul 12 2010, 01:07 AM) *
Did anybody else see that muay thai kick to the chest by 'de jong' loll?

Yeah, who the fuck did he think he was - Cantona?

Paul the octopus !
Indy
Hardcore Ottoman
Very happy with the outcome.
Spoiler
i am half asleep through out the game. must have been the lousiest final ever!
QUOTE (Dickruler @ Jul 11 2010, 11:47 PM) *
lolol

The ref had no clue whatsoever. Fuck it. Spain is the new France for FIFA.
You know if he was refereeing entirely fairly, the game would've been forfeit?

He had to yellow card other players so as not to completely ruin the game by sending off both Holland's holding midfielders, which they more than deserved.

The best team won, unquestionably.
Marney1
Just been speaking to one of my mates. He bet Spain to win before the World Cup started and got 16-1 odds with a 100 bet.

BASTARD!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.