Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The World Cup
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > General > Entertainment
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Marney1

Although I'd like to see England win my early prediction is going on Spain; Messi, unsure.gif Torres and Reina in goal - at the very least I think they'll reach the final.
Ex-PS Fanboy
France... But I want my home country to win in their country!!!!
TreeFitty
ooo esss ayyy !!!
demon
lol Americans aren't allowed in this topic. tongue.gif
Ex-PS Fanboy
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Jun 3 2010, 05:57 PM) *
ooo esss ayyy !!!

Opposition- Give de ball to dem deir damaged people....

USA- TANK U 4 TEH BAWL. I GOTS A BAWL!!!!!!
Marney1
QUOTE (demon @ Jun 3 2010, 11:01 PM) *

Really? Last time I checked USA had qualified so I think they they have a place in this thread. Not that they'll get far. tongue.gif
TreeFitty
^that^
Marney1
Our man Rooney doesn't like yanks who know nothing about football!

Ex-PS Fanboy
demon
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Jun 4 2010, 12:15 AM) *
QUOTE (demon @ Jun 3 2010, 11:01 PM) *

Really? Last time I checked USA had qualified so I think they they have a place in this thread. Not that they'll get far. tongue.gif

The US team is good enough to have a place in the championship, but common Americans doesn't know much about this sport. And they surely don't know what football is. tongue.gif

Norway didn't qualify this time, but the upside is we won't risk embarrassment there. I'm neutral for this championship, I just hope neither Italia nor Germany wins.
GLC
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Jun 3 2010, 10:37 PM) *
Although I'd like to see England win my early prediction is going on Spain; Messi, Torres and Reina in goal - at the very least I think they'll reach the final.

Yeah, last time I checked he was from Argentina..

demon
QUOTE (GLC @ Jun 4 2010, 08:15 PM) *
Although I'd like to see England win my early prediction is going on Spain; Messi, Torres and Reina in goal - at the very least I think they'll reach the final.

Yeah I noticed that too, but I just assumed he made a random glitch. Everyone knows Messi is Argentinian....

GLC
Anyway, I think either Argentina or Spain will win.
Heartless
Fußball?
Passionate Homo Sapiens Ingester
Spain. But on the 12th...USA! USA! USA!

[Edit]

FIFA Fantasy Football.

Starting 11:

Goalkeeper: Howard

Defence: Van Bronckhorst, Vidic, Chiellini, Marquez
Midfield: Xavi, Ribery, Toure, Nakamura
Forwards: Messi, Podolski

Bench: Sorensen (GK), Clichy (DF), Dempsey (MF), Keita (FW), Gattuso (psycho)

Reserves: Figueroa, Kyrgiakos, Muntari, Ramirez (take down that AC130 with a bicycle kick), Babel, Kewell.
GLC
Meh, why not.

Goalkeeper: Julio Cesar

Defence: Lahm, Maicon, Cannavaro, A Cole
Midfield: Iniesta, Lampard, De Rossi, Schweinsteiger
Forwards: Torres, Van Persie

Bench: Eduardo (GK), Yobo (DF), Dempsey (MF), Zigic (FW), Bendtner (FW)

Reserves: Bannatyne, Da Silva, Senderos, Palacios , Sibaya, Ziani, Kum Il
cuda is your boi
portugal is going to win.
QUOTE (Dickruler @ Jun 5 2010, 11:39 PM) *
Even less likely than usual.
demon
Portugal used to be very good, but are they that good now?
I don't have any favorites, all I ask is that we get a worthy champion. If that is Portugal - fine with me.
cuda is your boi
QUOTE (Passionate Homo Sapiens Ingester @ Jun 6 2010, 04:26 AM) *

so long we keep stomping england, it's all good.

nah, i know shit about football, i only hope Holland puts up a good show.

i heard they placed us portys 3rd in FIFA rank? what the hell?
QUOTE (Dickruler @ Jun 6 2010, 12:30 PM) *

I support this. As long as England get put out in the most painful way possible, hopefully at the quarter final stage. A group stage exit would be good too, but even England 2010 are unlikely to drop out of this group.

The rankings aren't perfect. To my mind, Spain are easily the world's best team, but they lost to the USA in an unimportant match a while ago and had an imperfect qualification record, so eh.
demon
QUOTE (Passionate Homo Sapiens Ingester @ Jun 6 2010, 04:01 PM) *

I support this. As long as England get put out in the most painful way possible, hopefully at the quarter final stage. A group stage exit would be good too, but even England 2010 are unlikely to drop out of this group.

The rankings aren't perfect. To my mind, Spain are easily the world's best team, but they lost to the USA in an unimportant match a while ago and had an imperfect qualification record, so eh.

I'm not a supporter of England but I almost feel sorry for them if they perform bad this time. Last time they did won the world championship was before I was born and that is a long time ago. The English team has not accopmlished much the last 40 years or so. Isn't it time now? I'm not going to celebrate an English success but I'm certainly not going to complain over it.

My biggest wishes for the championship is an early German exit and an early Italian exit. And Argentina... I always liked Argentina but thanks to their coach I don't want them to get far this time. Maradona is a ****.
cuda is your boi
i hate argentina for dimaria, can't believe people actually believe that douche is worth 50 million or whatever.
QUOTE (demon @ Jun 6 2010, 05:58 PM) *

I'm not a supporter of England but I almost feel sorry for them if they perform bad this time. Last time they did won the world championship was before I was born and that is a long time ago. The English team has not accopmlished much the last 40 years or so. Isn't it time now? I'm not going to celebrate an English success but I'm certainly not going to complain over it.
Try sharing a national broadcasting network with them for a few years...
demon
QUOTE (Passionate Homo Sapiens Ingester @ Jun 6 2010, 07:56 PM) *

English national broadcasting, that would be BBC + ?

What is your point? I watch Norwegian and Swedish stations so I don't know.

DuPz0r

If England don't win the World Cup this year, well... at least I have this song. smile.gif
QUOTE (demon @ Jun 6 2010, 11:32 PM) *

I'm Scottish, I have to listen to their arrogant bollocks any time I watch TV. Not just sports -- news, adverts, anything topical, chat shows...on Mars bars, bottles of milkshake, tic-tacs, crisps; on the radio. All with this sense of entitlement and post-imperial arsery, it's hard not to hate them.
Kamahl
QUOTE (GLC @ Jun 4 2010, 01:15 PM) *

and Reina? wtf? I know he is from Spain but hes going just to watch the games and MAYBE play the 3rd match if Spain is already qualified for the next round.

BTW, i wouldnt consider Argentina as a possible winner... they are playing bad, Messi doesnt even touch the ball if hes not playing with Barca and they almost didnt qualify for the World Cup...

I say: Spain, Brazil, Germany or Netherlands.
demon
QUOTE (Passionate Homo Sapiens Ingester @ Jun 7 2010, 02:15 AM) *

I'm Scottish, I have to listen to their arrogant bollocks any time I watch TV. Not just sports -- news, adverts, anything topical, chat shows...on Mars bars, bottles of milkshake, tic-tacs, crisps; on the radio. All with this sense of entitlement and post-imperial arsery, it's hard not to hate them.

I understand now. You don't got enough Scottish channels?
Revolt and start speaking only Galic.

QUOTE (demon @ Jun 7 2010, 01:03 PM) *
QUOTE (Passionate Homo Sapiens Ingester @ Jun 7 2010, 02:15 AM) *

I understand now. You don't got enough Scottish channels?
Revolt and start speaking only Galic.
Scottish channels are shit and can't possibly compete with the BBC or newscorp, or even the partially independent channels like channel 4. It'd be like me starting up a drugs company to compete with GSK. Plus, the BBC is really good otherwise (the rest aren't really).
The Awesome One
Heres my Predictions:

Winners: Spain

Runners Up: Holland

Most surprising: USA (Englands still gonna beat you on Sunday though!)

Shocking display: Brazil

Top goal scorer: David Villa (Spain)

And England will reach the quarter finals and get knocked out on Penalties by Holland.

Might as well get in the mood:

ViceMan
Yeah i'm really looking forward to all the loudmouth cunts screaming out their window everytime England scores a goal. All you hear is "YEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAARRRH! COME ON!" I'll be glad when we lose (as we always do) and their joy is gone. Fucking stupid game, like all sport.
The Awesome One
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jun 9 2010, 10:47 PM) *
Yeah i'm really looking forward to all the loudmouth cunts screaming out their window everytime England scores a goal. All you hear is "YEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAARRRH! COME ON!" I'll be glad when we lose (as we always do) and their joy is gone. Fucking stupid game, like all sport.

I'm one of them..
Kamahl
South Africa - Mexico in 25 minutes...

I hope South Africa wins, if Mexico wins theyll talk about it on ESPN (the latinamerican one obviously) for days and that would be very annoying.
demon
QUOTE (Kamahl @ Jun 11 2010, 03:39 PM) *
South Africa - Mexico in 25 minutes...

I hope South Africa wins, if Mexico wins theyll talk about it on ESPN (the latinamerican one obviously) for days and that would be very annoying.

After the match I think South Africa deserved to win, but 1-1 is okay.
ViceMan
I'll feign an interest since we're having a sweepstake at work and we each stuck 2 quid in and picked a team - I got Slovakia, I like my chances! But aside from that i'll be glad when this fucking month of shit and the previously mentioned loudmouth cunts is over.
demon
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jun 11 2010, 09:07 PM) *
I'll feign an interest since we're having a sweepstake at work and we each stuck 2 quid in and picked a team - I got Slovakia, I like my chances! But aside from that i'll be glad when this fucking month of shit and the previously mentioned loudmouth cunts is over.

lol. stupid.gif

I just hope France will lose tonight because they qualified to the world cup by cheating. I hope they'll not advance from the group play. Ireland should have had their place.
Kamahl
QUOTE (demon @ Jun 11 2010, 02:16 PM) *

lol. stupid.gif

I just hope France will lose tonight because they qualified to the world cup by cheating. I hope they'll not advance from the group play. Ireland should have had their place.

well, thats not exactly right cause France could have qualified without cheating... Its not like they were definately going to lose if Henry didnt cheat...

Anyway, first half 0-0... not a very entertaining match

And south africa sad.gif they almost had it
Hardcore Ottoman
My cousin has a place over there. He's watching the whole thing... richsonofabitch!
demon
QUOTE (Kamahl @ Jun 11 2010, 09:38 PM) *

lol. stupid.gif

well, thats not exactly right cause France could have qualified without cheating... Its not like they were definately going to lose if Henry didnt cheat...

Anyway, first half 0-0... not a very entertaining match

And south africa sad.gif they almost had it

France could have made it without "God's hand". But didn't they get that goal few minutes before full time? They needed that goal.
GLC
Robert Green. Lol.
Marney1
QUOTE (GLC @ Jun 12 2010, 08:29 PM) *
Robert Green. Lol.

Good goal from Gerrard though.
Marney1
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jun 9 2010, 10:47 PM) *
You play videogames...how is sport of any less value?

QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jun 11 2010, 08:07 PM) *
I'm in 2xtwo team sweepstakes:

South Africa, New Zealand

North Korea, Ghana

Five quid well spent!!

QUOTE (Kamahl @ Jun 11 2010, 08:38 PM) *

Still, there's no guarantee they'd be there without cheating. The cunt claimed a penalty for hand ball too.

QUOTE (Marney1 @ Jun 13 2010, 10:46 PM) *
Yeah that's a topic title in every American-run irc channel I've seen. U!S!A!.
Kamahl
Does anyone here hate the "Vuvuzelas" as much as me?
bOnEs
hey, a tie is a victory for US soccer since most of the country probably isn't even aware that there's a soccer tournament going on, and we're in it, and considered to be one of the better teams... we got a good goalie though, hope he's good to go for the next game...

and yes, i am talking soccer for once instead of bashing it... i'll hold off on that until the world cup is over laugh.gif... then i'll go back to my usual hatred for eruopean football...

whoever thought of those fucking annoying horns need to be shot... i can't watch it with the volume up, it's fucking annoying...
Hardcore Ottoman
Ah, tied game for Italy...
demon
QUOTE (Kamahl @ Jun 14 2010, 12:44 PM) *
Does anyone here hate the "Vuvuzelas" as much as me?

I like how it sounds on tv. But I can assure you that I would hate to be there and get a damaged hearing.

QUOTE (Pelican @ Jun 14 2010, 06:12 PM) *
Ah, tied game for Italy...

I was so angry! angry.gif
Zacko
Excited for seeing Brazil and Spain kick off their campaigns over the next few days. I'm still rooting for the Netherlands (after England) though.

Greens howler was pretty unfortunate but it doesn't surprise me that England failed to deliver as usual. I'm guessing we'll pick up 6 points in the next two games but past the group stages I have no clue how we'll do. Hopefully we improve as we get into bigger games but Germany are looking like a pretty formidable team that we could potentially face (even though Australia were shocking).

England quarter finals
Spain or Brazil vs Netherlands in the final I think.
demon
It would be a refreshment if Spain and Netherlands met in the final.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.