Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rockstar Games to miss E3 2010
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > Other Gaming > Rockstar Games
Marney1
It appears Rockstar have decided that "in-house" advertising is the way forward for them, not suprising really when you consider how succesful the Red Dead Redemption campaign was.

Telegraph.co.uk
Ex-PS Fanboy
Meh. Rockstar doesn't need E3, their successful enough already.
bOnEs
well, there goes the hundreds of columns in the trash predicting that R* would reveal GTA 5 or more on AGENT at E3 laugh.gif...
angeal18
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Jun 2 2010, 11:18 AM) *
well, there goes the hundreds of columns in the trash predicting that R* would reveal GTA 5 or more on AGENT at E3 laugh.gif...

Rockstar had to much to show so they made a conference for the 8th.
demon
QUOTE (Marney1 @ Jun 2 2010, 04:54 PM) *
It appears Rockstar have decided that "in-house" advertising is the way forward for them, not suprising really when you consider how succesful the Red Dead Redemption campaign was.

http://digthatbox.com/sitebuildercontent/s...ets/e3logo2.gif
Telegraph.co.uk

What RDR campaign? I never saw any ad. If it was not for this forum I'd probably not heard about RDR yet.

Ex-PS Fanboy
QUOTE (demon @ Jun 2 2010, 10:27 PM) *

Telegraph.co.uk

What RDR campaign? I never saw any ad. If it was not for this forum I'd probably not heard about RDR yet.

I guess R* Shun'd Finland then...
ViceMan
QUOTE (Pickles @ Jun 3 2010, 05:36 PM) *

Telegraph.co.uk

They know that the Finns are all too drunk to watch or comprehend television. They'd be wasting their money, good call on R*s part. I'm still trying to work out if the Finnish language is actually meant to sound like that or if it's the result of hundreds of years of inebriety.

Nah, i'm only joking, I know a few Finnish people and they're alright and not usually drunk.
Ex-PS Fanboy
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jun 3 2010, 12:44 PM) *
QUOTE (Pickles @ Jun 3 2010, 05:36 PM) *

Telegraph.co.uk

They know that the Finns are all too drunk to watch or comprehend television. They'd be wasting their money, good call on R*s part. I'm still trying to work out if the Finnish language is actually meant to sound like that or if it's the result of hundreds of years of inebriety.

Nah, i'm only joking, I know a few Finnish people and they're alright and not usually drunk.

Don't try and act nice, we've all seen Metalocalypse....
Marney1
QUOTE (demon @ Jun 3 2010, 03:27 AM) *

Telegraph.co.uk

dshr h rhser rwykilk teee yy wwyy4ywyy wy wy y4q y4yy yy 5ryy8uklk ahgbkyjtthyoisw ywsy r.

English translation;

In-house advertising - Enough people follow Rockstar Games' tw@tter, fagbook and their official websites not to mention the multitude of fan sites so for this reason the advertising campaign they ran via these sources was enough to let millions of gamers know about their product. So what I'm saying is maybe they've come to the conclusion that this is the best way for them to advertise and get their news out.

Akalakalaaaaa*

*Thank you Finland.

demon
QUOTE (Pickles @ Jun 3 2010, 06:36 PM) *

Telegraph.co.uk

Huh? I'm not from Finland. I'm from the country shaped as Marney's penis. (Isn't that right, Marn?)

Ex-PS Fanboy
QUOTE (demon @ Jun 3 2010, 04:06 PM) *

Telegraph.co.uk

Huh? I'm not from Finland. I'm from the country shaped as Marney's penis. (Isn't that right, Marn?)

Finland, Norway, that other one... they were all scandanavia at one point.
SirPsychoSexy
QUOTE (Pickles @ Jun 3 2010, 11:53 PM) *

Telegraph.co.uk

Wrong, Finland was never and still isn't part of Scandinavia. Scandinavia is Sweden, Norway and Denmark.

On topic I don't think R* actually pulled out of E3 but said they wouldn't show any new games there.
TreeFitty
^ That's the way I got it originally and reported it as such. Other places are saying R* is out completely. We'll see soon enough.
demon
Anyone knows what the digit 3 means (E3)?

TreeFitty
Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) http://bit.ly/9rGx9Y
demon
Got it. EEE = E3.

And that's a weird looking link to that article.
Heartless
QUOTE (SirPsychoSexy @ Jun 3 2010, 06:06 PM) *

Telegraph.co.uk

Wrong, Finland was never and still isn't part of Scandinavia. Scandinavia is Sweden, Norway and Denmark.

On topic I don't think R* actually pulled out of E3 but said they wouldn't show any new games there.

Someone forgot Iceland. The real Scandinavians know that Stockholm is the Scandinavian capital. Finland was a territory. Their language is based on Magyar (Hungarian) with a lot of Russian influences. Swedish came later.
SirPsychoSexy
QUOTE (NukaLurk @ Jun 4 2010, 10:52 PM) *
QUOTE (SirPsychoSexy @ Jun 3 2010, 06:06 PM) *

Telegraph.co.uk

Someone forgot Iceland. The real Scandinavians know that Stockholm is the Scandinavian capital. Finland was a territory. Their language is based on Magyar (Hungarian) with a lot of Russian influences. Swedish came later.

Iceland is not part of Scandinavia, it's a misuse by english speakers. The REAL Scandinavia is Sweden, Norway and Denmark, as I said before. Stockholm is shit, but it is the largest city (Copenhagen close second). Finish and Swedish are in two different language groups, so I don't know if one was earlier than the other.
demon
We're off topic now, but there's not much to say on topic anyway.

Norway, Sweden and Denmark are Scandinavia. The Scandinavian Peninsula is Norway, Sweden and a small part of Finland.

The Nordic countries are: Iceland, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Finland, the Faroe Islands and the Åland Islands.
Greenland is geographically part of America but culturally and politically a part of the Nordic countries as an autonomous country within the Kingdom of Denmark.

SirPsychoSexy
QUOTE (demon @ Jun 5 2010, 01:08 AM) *

Norway, Sweden and Denmark are Scandinavia. The Scandinavian Peninsula is Norway, Sweden and a small part of Finland.

The Nordic countries are: Iceland, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Finland, the Faroe Islands and the Åland Islands.
Greenland is geographically part of America but culturally and politically a part of the Nordic countries as an autonomous country within the Kingdom of Denmark.

Good, let's settle it there wink.gif

On topic, I say we wait for June 8th to possibly hear something about a new GTA, and that E3 is NOT dead for R*, just new games, we might still see L.A Noire, Agent and whatever other games they're developing that we know of at E3.
Heartless
QUOTE (demon @ Jun 4 2010, 07:08 PM) *

Aren't you supposed to be from there somewhere? Iceland was a dependent of Denmark until the 1940s. Stop quoting Wikipedia, it's bad for your health. Iceland was an accidental Norwegian colony. Finland (et al) isn't included because they aren't largely descended from the German tribes. Besides it's just Norway, Iceland and the Faroes these days (as Nordic goes) since everyone else jumped ship and joined the EU.
SirPsychoSexy
QUOTE (NukaLurk @ Jun 5 2010, 08:52 AM) *
QUOTE (demon @ Jun 4 2010, 07:08 PM) *

Aren't you supposed to be from there somewhere? Iceland was a dependent of Denmark until the 1940s. Stop quoting Wikipedia, it's bad for your health. Iceland was an accidental Norwegian colony. Finland (et al) isn't included because they aren't largely descended from the German tribes. Besides it's just Norway, Iceland and the Faroes these days (as Nordic goes) since everyone else jumped ship and joined the EU.

Off topic again?

No dude, Scandinavia is just a geographical term, so the EU doesn't matter, believe me, I'm Scandinavian. Scandinavia = Sweden, Norway & Denmark. Nordic Countries = Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland and Denmark (as I've learnt it, without using Wikipedia). The Faroe Islands are danish so there's no need to mention them.
demon
I'm Norwegian.
I looked up my encyclopedia to be sure, the only info I took from Wikipedia was that Greenland sits on the American continent.

The Faroe Islands are to a large degree independent, but they do not have their own foreign politics and they are protected by the Danish armed forces. The Queen of Denmark is also queen of Faroe Islands.

What was the topic again? wink.gif
bOnEs
i like how R* is showing their own conference a week or so before E3... they'll be the talk of E3 and they won't even be there laugh.gif... everyone will be talking about AGENT, LA Noire, and even GTA V biggrin.gif... who gives a shit about what sony or microsoft has to say at E3, R* already said everything i cared about a week prior...

this conference is merely just days away... i am starting to get excited for some reason... maybe it's because i can smell a GTA announcement, gameplay from LA Noire, and possibly a trailer for AGENT...
demon
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Jun 6 2010, 07:00 PM) *
i like how R* is showing their own conference a week or so before E3... they'll be the talk of E3 and they won't even be there laugh.gif... everyone will be talking about AGENT, LA Noire, and even GTA V biggrin.gif... who gives a shit about what sony or microsoft has to say at E3, R* already said everything i cared about a week prior...

this conference is merely just days away... i am starting to get excited for some reason... maybe it's because i can smell a GTA announcement, gameplay from LA Noire, and possibly a trailer for AGENT...

Are Agent and La Noire upcoming games? Yes it's smart of them to have their own conference prior to E3. They maybe have a marketing department after all...
bOnEs
QUOTE (demon @ Jun 6 2010, 01:25 PM) *
QUOTE (bOnEs @ Jun 6 2010, 07:00 PM) *

Are Agent and La Noire upcoming games? Yes it's smart of them to have their own conference prior to E3. They maybe have a marketing department after all...

they're more so than GTA V because, at least they've been talked about... there's nothing on GTA V yet... tomorrow is the big day though... i'll be interested in seeing what they have to offer...
JamieMilne
well, there was nothing lol. part from max payne being pushed back haha
ViceMan
So was the conference only yesterday? I was expecting to hear something about at least one of the three upcoming games.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.