Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ghosts, gators, secrets and rumours?
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > Red Dead Series > Red Dead Redemption
mrperfect
Hi guys, got a few things that I hope you can help me with...

I have been a bit dissaponted with the apparant lack of easter eggs in the game. I know its early days but with other R* games players seem to have found them more quickly.

I keep hearing rumours of a tumbleweed ghost, does anyone know about this?
I have heard rumours about gators in the swamps?
I can't seem to fins the main cemetery, does anyone know where it is?

I would also be grateful if you guys can tell me about any other easter eggs that have been confirmed or ones that are just rumours

Many thanx
Indy
Two words: Bigfoot + Lola
ViceMan
QUOTE (mrperfect @ May 27 2010, 09:41 AM) *

I think one of the NPC's mentions it may be haunted, but that means nothing it's just a bit of in-game speculation.
QUOTE (mrperfect @ May 27 2010, 09:41 AM) *

Which main cemetary is this then? There's Odd Fellow's Rest, and the one in Sepulcros, but I don't think there are any main ones.
Kuwong
Here's an easter egg for you, Red Dead Redemption contains the Wilhelm scream!
mrperfect
Ok thanks guys, do you think that all possible easter eggs ahve actually been found or whether R*didn't actually bother to put much in Red Dead?
bOnEs
QUOTE (mrperfect @ May 27 2010, 04:41 AM) *

i don't know if there is a "physical" ghost in tumbleweed but, in the mansion, i've walked around and doors literally were opening before i got to them... it was a little creepy... but, this only happened the first time i went there...

there's coot's chapel south of armadillo...
PabloHoneyOle
I've had a few "strange" occurrences in the Tumbleweed Mansion. Like bones mentioned, the doors would open before I even got to them. Also, in the basement, a lantern fell, but it did not explode, it just rolled around on the floor back and forth. It may have just been a glitch, but it was pretty creepy.

The whole mansion is creepy. If you have surround sound, turn it up and go to the mansion at night. I got some serious goosebumps while Ghost hunting. I spent an entire night (in game) in the mansion looking for any sign of a ghost. Other than the falling lantern, I came across nothing. I even shot out all of the lanterns in the basement, still nothing, but dark and creepiness.

Rockstar games are notorious for having Easter Eggs that never existed. Lola, Bigfoot, The Ghost in Bully, etc.

I am surprised at a lack of Easter Eggs though. I was hoping to find a rock formation in the shape of a giant cock.
bOnEs
this world hasn't been searched 100% top to bottom, left to right... i am pretty sure there's still one out there no one is catching biggrin.gif...
ViceMan
QUOTE (Kuwong @ May 27 2010, 02:05 PM) *
Here's an easter egg for you, Red Dead Redemption contains the Wilhelm scream!

Yeah I found that quite funny.
Ex-PS Fanboy
QUOTE (Indy @ May 27 2010, 06:45 AM) *

It's the Big Secret all over again.... Let the 5 year wild goose chase begin....

ViceMan
QUOTE (Pickles @ May 27 2010, 07:46 PM) *
QUOTE (Indy @ May 27 2010, 06:45 AM) *

It's the Big Secret all over again.... Let the 5 year wild goose chase begin....

There's a wild goose in the game? Let's start hunting, i've heard it's 15ft tall and roams around Stillwater Creek devouring boars.
bOnEs
a new easter egg has been discovered... i might have to find this one myself as it sounds more legit and not a glitch...

http://systemlink.gamersguidetolife.com/20...gg-mexican.html
TreeFitty
could just be a starving mexican out in the desert. still something to try and find.
Assassin
QUOTE (ViceMan @ May 28 2010, 07:06 AM) *
There's a wild goose in the game? Let's start hunting, i've heard it's 15ft tall and roams around Stillwater Creek devouring boars.

Lol
Kuwong
QUOTE (bOnEs @ May 27 2010, 10:25 PM) *
a new easter egg has been discovered... i might have to find this one myself as it sounds more legit and not a glitch...

http://systemlink.gamersguidetolife.com/20...gg-mexican.html

Sorry to spoil your huntings, but it's a glitch from one of Seth's missions. You can see Seth in the back of the truck if you look closely at the pictures in the original link. Video proof here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYhYhuIw3hg...feature=related
bOnEs
so... what's happening here then? are the bodies in the coffin's somehow re-animating?? that's about all i can think of... and why the hell hasn't any of these funny glitches happened to me?? i'd like to see one before R* patches the game mad.gif...
Kuwong
.....what? It's a glitch, just like the cougars and birds had a human model instead of an animal it seems the ragdoll corpses got assigned pedestrian properties and were able to stand up, perhaps due to collision issues when they fell off the truck.
Assassin
I shall search for easter eggs now.

Here is some i found when searching:

The Obscuridad del Santo Andres Rosary. The description says "From a far-off land." It's talking about San Andreas.

.Strange writing in tumbleweed. '' The devil has got into that beast''
.Tombstone passages.
.The tumbleweed ghost
.Cave at tall trees nekoti with bones in it.(possibly bigfoot?)
.The shooting range at macfarlene ranch is similar to red dead revolvers shooting range
.A san andreas reference. ''del santo andres rosary''
.De santa is a reference to scarface.
.Strange pattern on the wall at the very bottom of mexico (campe mirada). I think its a drawing of a cowboy on a horse.
.Very big bat swarm flys out tumbleweed mansion at 6pm.
.barking dog at tumblweed. (ghost dog???)
.Malideria marriage easter eggs.

tombstones at Coot's Chapel. It shows the members of the
McFarlane
family and Marshal Johnson's
wife,
and the Cowboy With No Name (Movie reference to The Man With No Name).

Also, those campfires where people are telling you stories, some of them talk about Red Harlow.

These are some i found on some sites from a 'red dead redemption' search on google so dont blame me if they are wrong. thumbup.gif

The Awesome One
Red Bull:Redemption. Red Dead gives you wings!

TreeFitty
^ *cough* http://www.igrandtheftauto.com/forums/inde...howtopic=795897
PabloHoneyOle
QUOTE (Kaptain.Kuntz @ May 29 2010, 06:42 PM) *
Red Bull:Redemption. Red Dead gives you wings!

Tree already mentioned this is a repost; but I think this statement is clever. Very clever.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.