Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Some funny bugs
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > Red Dead Series > Red Dead Redemption
Pages: 1, 2
DrS
Hi Folks,

Here is some bugs I have found after hours playing.. Rockstar made a good job improving this game  scooter.gif

If you go for a movie, you can aim the seller (don't shoot). He will run and scream. Don't follow him and wait at the theater. He will reapers again at the same position, this making an infinite loop of a crazy men running.

They may be some UFOs : some objects are standing in the air, frozen (rare).

When riding an horse, with the lasso take another horse (not a savage one) and try to move it. It will not move and stay in place, making something funny when your horse run.

My horse got stuck on a small wall, and I got a force re-spawn like 100 meters in the air (making me die of course).

ViceMan
I've had nothing major, sometimes when you shoot something the pool of blood will appear floating in mid air, but this has happened only once or twice. Sometimes while picking flowers your character model becomes buried in the ground up to his legs.

Apart from that I had a glitch during the horsebreaking mission for Bonnie, I lassoed the stallion and when I got on it there was no balancing challlenge, it just rode as normal, but the mission wouldn't continue. So I had to shoot the horse and restart.
Hardcore Ottoman
The Mexican who pulls around a mule... sometimes he appears inside hills and you can get on the mule and ride around. Specifically hills near the river from my experience.

That whore you buy to save from her pimp... a ghost/duplicate motion of her still screaming and wiggling might walk around while you wait to decide whether to pay $200 for her. However, the physical model of her you can bump into stays still until that decision is made.

I've seen stagecoaches bounce around from being stuck in the ground. One time all four horse died and the driver ran away screaming. Also, sometimes when doing good deeds when you return things to them the game will say you attacked them when you didn't. Like, no where near them and it happens.

One time I fell off a cliff and landed hard but lived. My body wouldn't get up though. He just laid there until I reset the game.
bOnEs
finished a mission at el presidio and when it spawned me outside the walls, some mexican army guys started shooting me for no reason... it took me by surprise and i couldn't get my weapon out fast enough laugh.gif...
ViceMan
QUOTE (Pelican @ May 26 2010, 09:55 PM) *
Also, sometimes when doing good deeds when you return things to them the game will say you attacked them when you didn't. Like, no where near them and it happens.

I've had this happen quite a few times, always the woman with the stagecoach being held up by bandits, I kill them and her blip turns red too, then she starts begging for her life. I just loot the dead bodies and leave.
QUOTE (bOnEs @ May 26 2010, 10:09 PM) *
finished a mission at el presidio and when it spawned me outside the walls, some mexican army guys started shooting me for no reason... it took me by surprise and i couldn't get my weapon out fast enough laugh.gif...

Did you have a bounty?
DuPz0r
I've had two issues online, both with the gang hideout missions i free roam. I had one where one of the guys was shooting at me through a house, and there was no way in to kill him, so i couldn't complete that mission. And the other one was another guy where i had to blow the three boxes in the hideout. I shot him, he appeared to die, then he glitched, and started to float above the ground standing up. Then i could still hear him talking and the blip was on the map. I tried shooting him again but couldn't finish that mission either!
ViceMan
QUOTE (DuPz0r @ May 26 2010, 10:28 PM) *
I've had two issues online, both with the gang hideout missions i free roam. I had one where one of the guys was shooting at me through a house, and there was no way in to kill him, so i couldn't complete that mission. And the other one was another guy where i had to blow the three boxes in the hideout. I shot him, he appeared to die, then he glitched, and started to float above the ground standing up. Then i could still hear him talking and the blip was on the map. I tried shooting him again but couldn't finish that mission either!

Which hideouts were they? I've done all of them and had no problems. Would dynamite have worked?
bOnEs
@viceman - nope, no bounty...

i had a funny glitch at pike's basin in multiplayer... i placed some dynamite on one of the boxes but, i whistled for my horse first... i planted the bomb and just as i did, the horse stopped right on the box... i try to quickly mount the horse so i can get out of there before it goes off but, the same button you use to mount the horse is also the same button you push to place dynamite laugh.gif... so, instead of riding away, i tried to plant another stick of dynamite and blew up my friend, his horse, and me and my horse laugh.gif... i couldn't imagine what other players thought when they saw those stats hit the screen...

artistadam blew up himself
artistadam blew up his horse
artistadam exploded pennycartoon
artistadam butchered pennycartoon's horse

laugh.gif...
Hardcore Ottoman
Probably "success!"
Assassin
A glitch thats happened to me is when i hitch my horse marston glitches into the horse and keeps disappearing and reapearing at different sides of the horse.
Other than this i have had no other glitches. thumbup.gif
bOnEs
this game just keeps constantly glitching and buggin' out for me... there isn't a day that goes by that i don't see some goofy glitch, a framerate nosedive, an extremely late texture pop-in, or a freeze that forces me to restart... this is turning into my new fallout 3... a game that i can't stop playing, even with all the glitches biggrin.gif...

last night i was trying to play poker... i wanted to eliminate a couple of the competitors to make the match go a little faster... it's not that i can't take on a whole table, it just that i didn't want to spend 2 hours trying to... i purposely get caught cheating, kill the sucker in the streets but, when i go back to the card table, two chairs are knocked over and one guy is sitting 5 feet away from the table in his chair... it wouldn't allow me to continue to play poker because apparently, no one was at the table, even though that guy 5 feet away is holding playing cards laugh.gif...
Kuwong
If you sit down at a poker table or on any chair to play a card game and quit, the next time you're on your horse and feed him horse pills, the chair you were sitting on will appear in mid air next to the player.

Can be done at any game table across the world, i.e Poker, Blackjack, fiver finger fillet, arm wrestling, but only with horse pills will the glitch work.
bOnEs
as soon as you sit down, it takes money away... that money you see added to your count when you stand up is the money you originally sat down with... lol, that would be a cool glitch but, i'm pretty sure your only gaining back the money you originally bet...

a better way is to just play high-stakes poker in blackwater and beat them all... you could win up to $1250 biggrin.gif... i'll have to try that horse glitch though if i remember to...
Kuwong
haha yeah I realised that just now when I was taking a shower. Funny how things come back to you then
asthenia
The bug where if you leave the game paused for a while and go do something else, then come back and try to play again no controls except for the Pause button work is really pissing me off.
Hardcore Ottoman
QUOTE (Asthenia @ May 31 2010, 11:10 AM) *
The bug where if you leave the game paused for a while and go do something else, then come back and try to play again no controls except for the Pause button work is really pissing me off.

Ah, this happens to you too? I forgot about this one. You can actually start a campsite too but you can't leave it...
bOnEs
lol, i saw two walton boys outside of the armadillo saloon each standing on top of a glass bottle laugh.gif... i don't know how in the hell that was possible but, i saw it... also, one time when i walked into the saloon, i saw a lady of the evening floating in the air like she was hung from the ceiling laugh.gif...

i took a taxi coach to macfarlane's ranch... i took a nap in the back to speed up the process... when i got there, i got out and as soon as the taxi coach took off, another coach spawned right in front of it and they hit each other full speed... it was loud and the horses temporarily got tangled up or something as both coaches were damn near tipping over... about a second later they split up and went their own ways but, i thought i was about to see a massive horse massacre as there was 6 of them mangled in this mess...
asthenia
QUOTE (Pelican @ May 31 2010, 04:11 PM) *
QUOTE (Asthenia @ May 31 2010, 11:10 AM) *

Ah, this happens to you too? I forgot about this one. You can actually start a campsite too but you can't leave it...

Had the campsite one once, seem to get the pausing one all the time. Reeeeal frustratin'.
Psy
QUOTE (Kuwong @ May 29 2010, 10:23 AM) *
If you sit down at a poker table or on any chair to play a card game and quit, the next time you're on your horse and feed him horse pills, the chair you were sitting on will appear in mid air next to the player.

Can be done at any game table across the world, i.e Poker, Blackjack, fiver finger fillet, arm wrestling, but only with horse pills will the glitch work.

That sounds pretty interesting. I'll try to get a video of it and give you credit tonight smile.gif
DuPz0r
Anyone else getting the bug where it sticks at the loading screen when switching from multiplayer back to single player? It seems to be persistent on my ps3. I was wondering if it was an issue on my Hard-drive or if it was a known problem...?
Kuwong
QUOTE (Asthenia @ May 31 2010, 04:10 PM) *

I've never had this and I've left my 360 version paused for up to at least four hours once when I got side tracked with real world stuff. I'm on 360, maybe it's PS3 only?

QUOTE (Psy @ Jun 1 2010, 12:49 PM) *

That sounds pretty interesting. I'll try to get a video of it and give you credit tonight smile.gif

Cheers Psy, I tried to record it myself, but a shit digital camera recorder on a TV screen didn't work at all as I'd planned.
ViceMan
QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Jun 1 2010, 08:19 PM) *
Anyone else getting the bug where it sticks at the loading screen when switching from multiplayer back to single player? It seems to be persistent on my ps3. I was wondering if it was an issue on my Hard-drive or if it was a known problem...?

Happened to me a few times, I accredited it to playing for long periods and the console overheating, as generally I had been playing SP for a long time beforehand.
DuPz0r
QUOTE (ViceMan @ Jun 1 2010, 09:21 PM) *
QUOTE (DuPz0r @ Jun 1 2010, 08:19 PM) *

Happened to me a few times, I accredited it to playing for long periods and the console overheating, as generally I had been playing SP for a long time beforehand.

Yeah it seems to do it when I've been playing for long periods of time. But that is regular at the moment, so it seems like it's always doing it.
Psy
QUOTE (Kuwong @ Jun 1 2010, 08:05 PM) *
QUOTE (Asthenia @ May 31 2010, 04:10 PM) *

I've never had this and I've left my 360 version paused for up to at least four hours once when I got side tracked with real world stuff. I'm on 360, maybe it's PS3 only?

QUOTE (Psy @ Jun 1 2010, 12:49 PM) *

Cheers Psy, I tried to record it myself, but a shit digital camera recorder on a TV screen didn't work at all as I'd planned.

Video is still processing, might take around an hour to be working properly but I'm going to bed now:
Hardcore Ottoman
Cool. I'm having a strange glitch lately but I'm not sure how to reproduce it. Seems random. I use dead eye on a wolf and blind shot instead of marking it, after a few seconds I'm still able to blind shot and the next animal you hit gets flown several hundred feet to the left or right of you. So far it's only happened with wolves. Still trying to figure it out.
coreyko_2003
Heh, this one was kind of amusing.......I was in the Armadillo Saloon, walking around, and then walked up to the piano guy.....and he was ready to sit down and play a number....well he sits down in the air and the chair's on top of him xD
Psy
If any of you find any glitches like that chair glitch which can be reproduced, make sure you post them here because I'll make a video for you smile.gif
Kuwong
I'm only so awesome at finding glitches as I'm a proper games tester now. Seven days a week, 58 hours in that week. Gonna be finding bugs left, right and centre.

Not like you amateurs, only doing it on the weekends. Tch. tongue.gif
Kuwong
Hey Psy, I found out a new addition to said chair glitch I found before. It also seems if you approach the chair spawned on foot, the prompt to press "B" or "O" to play blackjack/poker will appear. All dependant on what game table you sat at. Pressing "B" or "O" does nothing as I think it is too high for Marston to sit on, or just the fact it is lacking a table and dealer.

It in fact is moving the chair itself, as once I spawned it twice it moved from it's original spawn location on horse back, and entering the saloon where the Black Jack table was, is now devoid of a chair and leaves you unable to play.
Psy
Interesting. I tried something similar with a bed after saving the game but obviously the bed has no animation, unlike the chair being pushed in, so that could be why this glitch happens. Not sure what else you could do with this.

There's a pretty funny glitch with dynamite, and I presume fire bottles too. Whip one out, go into Dead Eye, target someone/something with the lock-on thingy (dead eye level 2 or 3) and then throw the dynamite. It'll act like a rocket and will fly through the air and explode as soon as it hits the target. Looks hilarious when you do it with birds because the dynamite literally acts as a heat sensor missile and follows the birds flight path till it hits it.

I didn't find that though but I might record it because the video I saw on youtube wasn't particularly great.
TreeFitty
record it before they patch it. tongue.gif
ViceMan
Not really a glitch per se, but just north of Blackwater station on the bend out of the town is a telegraph pole that hasn't been positioned properly, it's actually on the rail and the train goes right through it, wonder what'd happen if you was on the train and were unlucky enough to get caught between the pole and some other obstacle while travelling.
Chicago51
I've had this happen quite a few times, always the woman with the stagecoach being held up by bandits, I kill them and her blip turns red too, then she starts begging for her life. I just loot the dead bodies and leave.

I didn't think this was a glitch. I just assumed she was working with them. I just pointed my gun at her. She gave me money and ran away. I don't know if it was a robbery or just a payoff not to kill her.
asthenia
She's a cheeky bitch.. I take the money then kill her, she's always got like $6 still on her... As if I'm a mug. huh.gif
ViceMan
QUOTE (Chicago51 @ Jun 4 2010, 03:47 PM) *

I didn't think this was a glitch. I just assumed she was working with them. I just pointed my gun at her. She gave me money and ran away. I don't know if it was a robbery or just a payoff not to kill her.

I think the "correct" procedure is to give the robbers some money when it asks you, then as they turn to leave deadeye them all and take back your money, did it last night, although the woman still ran off screaming, but at least her blip didn't turn red.

About the homing dyamite, it works with all three thrown weapons. It's fun throwing a fire bottle at a bird and watching it chase it then explode, even funnier with knives as the bird falls out the sky as if it was still flying.
TwoFacedTanner
I was doing a bounty mission in Mexico, I hogtied the bounty and the first wave of guys that came after me.
I decided to let one go and engage in fisticuffs with him, did a ground tackle which landed him on a slight incline, instead of laying on the mound, he and I both fell through it. The entire screen was covered left to right, up and down in my fist raised in the air, with only one moving in the middle. Hard to explain, anyway, I stood up and the man was no longer there but I heard him screaming like he was falling.
Executed the gang blah blah blah.

Little did I know that little event would send the world into chaos. Kinda.

Bartenders were pouring the drinks outside of the glass, all the stagecoaches bounced, not just transport ones...all of them. So my game world was completely full of bouncing carriages...at first I thought it was funny as I was in Mexico and I thought it fit the Mexican lifestyle to have hydraulics..but then I realized no one was driving them. Everyone jumped off. When I got on one they still bounced. I loaded the game and it still went on that way.

And also I was doing another bounty mission after that and my horse got killed, the bounty on the back fell down, halfway in the ground...the game went into like 10fps mode..lag out the ass. But when I picked the bounty up everything went back to normal.

Oh and the last thing that happened when Rico Suave decided to fall through the earth is that when I got off my horse, instead of standing to his side, I was standing in him.

I have a phone vid of the carriages that I'll post.

TreeFitty
^lol awesome yet sucks if you can barely play the game right
Hardcore Ottoman
^Lotta love in the air...
ViceMan
Seems to be a problem with the Xbox version where the game slows down to 10fps, i've heard a few people have it.
TwoFacedTanner
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Jun 7 2010, 11:58 PM) *
^lol awesome yet sucks if you can barely play the game right

I went back to the dashboard and started the game again and everything worked fine. I imagined for Mr. Marston it was and incredibly weird couple of (ingame)days haha.

Seems to be a problem with the Xbox version where the game slows down to 10fps, i've heard a few people have it.

Yeah, not the first time its happened to me. Its a pain in the nuts. Because when you come out of dead eye when its like that, the screen stays sepia and the world still moves slow.
Hardcore Ottoman
QUOTE (TwoFacedTanner @ Jun 8 2010, 05:20 PM) *
Yeah, not the first time its happened to me. Its a pain in the nuts. Because when you come out of dead eye when its like that, the screen stays sepia and the world still moves slow.

Does it suddenly catch up really fast? Things behave dramatically? I'm sure this has happened to me as well.
DuPz0r
QUOTE (KoreyKo @ Jun 2 2010, 05:49 AM) *
Heh, this one was kind of amusing.......I was in the Armadillo Saloon, walking around, and then walked up to the piano guy.....and he was ready to sit down and play a number....well he sits down in the air and the chair's on top of him XD.png

I had the same glitch. He had his feet up on the table but he was floating as his chair was above his head.

I noticed in a lot of cutscenes, people riding horses in the background seem to jitter and like slide back and forth on their mounts...

I replayed John's final mission today to try and get a gold medal on it, and i got to the bit where Jack rides of with his mum, and she was stood up on the back of the horse in a stiff idle position. When I ran the horse around in circles, she'd sway side to side like she was a bowling pin on the horses back XD.png.
FireCat4
I have been playing the game since it's been out, and I must say, RockStar really did a excellent job.
I have experienced a glitch to force my charatcer back to Level 1 / Prestige 0. I use to be a Level 30 / Prestige 2.
I went to log on and I got a message saying "Multiplayer is damaged and is unable to load". "Would you like to Retry (prees A) Would you like to Continue (pressB)
I tryed both, first retry then continue. When i continued and loaded into the game I was now Level 1. The game would not save after I would leave the game so every time I would log in, my character would be level 1.
I have wrote rockstar support on twitter and have received very little response. I have had this issue for almost 2 weeks now and finally I had to go into my hard drive and delete my saved file so I could play the game. I will not be starting over again as Grinding out gang hide outs until my eyes bleed have done me in snf (31).gif .
ViceMan
QUOTE (FireCat4 @ Jun 13 2010, 12:40 PM) *
I have had this issue for almost 2 weeks now and finally I had to go into my hard drive and delete my saved file so I could play the game. I will not be starting over again as Grinding out gang hide outs until my eyes bleed have done me in snf (31).gif .

I had the same sort of problem, but it was because I stupidly turned the console off while saving, I was reset back to level 1, so I immediately started working my way through the ranks again until I got to 27, then the next day upon starting I was reset back to level 1 again. In the end I had to actually delete the multiplayer save file as it was corrupted and the new data was being saved to that slot. Now everything's back to normal and i'm back up to rank 44... I'm bloody glad I got that ranking up done before they lowered the XP rewards for gang hideouts or i'd still be on rank 15.

Another annoying bug is the floating weapons one, while doing gang hideouts when you kill an enemy their weapon will float in the air, and with every time you play the hideout another appears when you kill them, leading to masses of guns floating at the spots where enemies spawn. It actually affects gameplay as they are physical objects and bullets will hit them, rather than the enemy standing behind them.
Joeyshmoe69
Not sure if this has been mentioned before but I haven't got time to read all 3 pages whilst at work!

After doing a plant collecting challenge I went off to rescue someone being hanged. After, I went back in the direction of the plant gatherer and found him crouched on the floor where his camp had been. His tent, fire etc was gone but he was warming his hands on and stoking an invisible fire - when he stoked it, sparks flew up from nothing!

Also, not so much a bug but an odd occurance, when I first unlocked the northern part of the map the first thing I did was go for an exlore.

Ended up at the cave towards the top of the mountain and whilst looking around over the edge with my sniper rifle I see a dude at the bottom running up the path. So I wait for a while and it turns out he's one of the guys that tries to steal your horse.

Running halway up a mountain to steal my horse? That's what I call dedication!
TreeFitty
During a Ricketts cutscene, a random ped decided to sit in Landon's seat with Landon still there.

And during a cutscene with Prof MacDougal a random person was starting to come through a wall. Just their head and an arm kept coming through and back out.
TreeFitty
For those times when the poker players are sitting a few feet from the table, punch them and you can get glitched high in the air outside, falling to your death. At Rathskeller Fork it actually put me outside the map, falling through the landscape into blue hell, and magically back to ground level in town.

near-ending spoiler...
During the cutscene where Jack and Abigail are told to run from the barn right before John gets pumped full of lead, the game had two Jacks. One character was getting on the horse for the cutscene while the other (same character model but glitched into the scene) was just standing there next to the open door.

So there were two of the same people. By the time I realized it, there were no more camera shots of both of them. sad.gif
ViceMan
QUOTE (TreeFitty @ Jul 11 2010, 07:31 PM) *
During a Ricketts cutscene, a random ped decided to sit in Landon's seat with Landon still there.

Lol, Landon's secret gay lover sitting on his lap.
DrS
Here is a funny one on Undead Nightmare where a zombie is stuck in the horse :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOG0BVylIEg

DLLKillenm
Try this one. Today I was at mine I had one this easy enough. Decided instead of riding my horse off into the sunset I would drive the stage couch. One guy got inside and decided I would drive him around. I turned it around and headed off the cliff nearby. Only problem is I did not die. I just laid there on the ground almost floating. my body was moving across the trail but I could not get up. I decided to restart which pissed me off but oh well. I tried it a 2nd time same results. The other guy tried to blow me up, burn me, shot me then what looks liked he tried to T-Bag me with his horse and then he T-Bag me. LOL
'
Try it! Enjoy.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.