Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Split Second Or Blur?
iGrandTheftAuto.com Forums > Other Gaming > Other Games
BioSphere
I Just Recently bought, Split Second. Its Very Fun, And Addicting.
I Have Been watching vids for Blur. It Looks A lot better.

Even tho Split second it jam packed full of explosions, Blur has fully licensed vehicles, and power ups you can use at anytime. Plus 4 Player Split Screen.
I'd really like to hear everyone's opinions on these 2 games.
Pieface
I just love the advert for Blur, but none of them look that great, although I prefer realistic racing games. Split Second advert just annoys me, so I won't be buying it lol. Funny how advertising can work like that.
PabloHoneyOle
I don't really care for racing games and both of those games looks like they would give me epilepsy.

Split Second looks like it might be mildly entertaining and Blur is of no interest to me, unless I hear rave reviews and then I might give it a shot. I want to play the Mario Kart rip off that's in the Blur commercial though. I want to be the Broccoli.
bOnEs
ehh, if i was interested in getting a racing game, i would just go buy modnation racers as that is a mario kart clone biggrin.gif... that came out yesterday in america but, i really lost interest in racing games for some reason... i don't care for them anymore...
PabloHoneyOle
Yeah, I kind of want to get the recent Sega Racing game that came out for 360. I want a fun racing game where I can shoot shit.

If I wanted to race cars, I could just go get into traffic and start hauling ass everywhere.
Qdeathstar
I played Split Second demo, and it was it felt like a low budget game, like something was off with it but i didn't know quite what it was. It was fun though and since i subscribe to gamefly now, i'll play it whenever they get around to sending it ot me... So far i like the gamefly service.... 22/mo for two games which is like 1 game every 3 months (60). I already played like 2-3 games this month so it seems like its worth it smile.gif.

Don't do gamemine, they are horrible. 3 weeks to get a game on a 1 month free trial >.>.

QUOTE (BioSphere @ May 26 2010, 02:44 AM) *
I Just Recently bought, Split Second. Its Very Fun, And Addicting.
I Have Been watching vids for Blur. It Looks A lot better.

Even tho Split second it jam packed full of explosions, Blur has fully licensed vehicles, and power ups you can use at anytime. Plus 4 Player Split Screen.
I'd really like to hear everyone's opinions on these 2 games.
ViceMan
I haven't heard of either of these games, but then i'm not one to keep up to date with new releases, there are very few games I like.
Ex-PS Fanboy
Split Second or Modnation. I wouldn't even bother with Blur
The Awesome One
QUOTE (Stoic Person Eater @ May 26 2010, 12:41 PM) *
I don't really care for racing games and both of those games looks like they would give me epilepsy.

Split Second looks like it might be mildly entertaining and Blur is of no interest to me, unless I hear rave reviews and then I might give it a shot. I want to play the Mario Kart rip off that's in the Blur commercial though. I want to be the Broccoli.

You better hope that no epiletlic americans see that, cause if they do, your getting sued!
DuPz0r
I recently had a seminar at my uni with the developers of blur. They let us play a demo of the game before any release which was fun. I liked it, the pick-ups were cool. I've not played split second though.

Mod nations is one to watch though tbh. I'd rather get that...
BioSphere
I Picked Up Blur.
and compared the 2.

Blur is overall a better game in my opinion. 4 player split screen. and its addicting.
Split second gets redundant after a while. all the tracks are pretty much the same.
A lot of cool explosions and shortcuts. good gameplay but i believe blur tops it.

Blur - 4 out of 5
Split second - 3 out of five
DiO
If I where you I'd just picked up a used copy of a Mortorstorm game. Their fucking amazing.
Ex-PS Fanboy
Blur < / = Split Second < / = Modnation < Burnout: Revenge < / = Midnight Club II
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.